R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2014, 11:30 PM   #2521
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The flex in the car is actually good for high bite. You probably have to work with your settings to get the corner speed up. From all the testing on the 4 cars I own right now, (BD7, BD7 2014, RX4 and 6.2) the more flexible I make them, the more steering I get. I actually use flex tuning to get the rear to rotate more around tight corners.

We have not really started chassis development on the 6.2, but my initial impressions are very good. A stiffer chassis will just narrow the set up window and probably be worse than what you have right now.

If you post your set up and provide some of your symptoms, I might be able to help you more with some suggestions.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #2522
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
The flex in the car is actually good for high bite. You probably have to work with your settings to get the corner speed up. From all the testing on the 4 cars I own right now, (BD7, BD7 2014, RX4 and 6.2) the more flexible I make them, the more steering I get. I actually use flex tuning to get the rear to rotate more around tight corners.

We have not really started chassis development on the 6.2, but my initial impressions are very good. A stiffer chassis will just narrow the set up window and probably be worse than what you have right now.

If you post your set up and provide some of your symptoms, I might be able to help you more with some suggestions.
Well ive been trying and trying to get traction out of the car other guys did similar stiffening adjustments to their cars (not 6.2) and that helped where I just lost .2 a lap im at a lost for trying to figure out how to take more traction out of the car its not just in corners its everywhere
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:51 AM   #2523
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Send a message via AIM to racer034life

does anyone have a base line setup for a rsd6.1. This car will run on medium traction carpet a d the track is 80x50
Old 01-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #2524
Tech Elite

We have some basic set ups for the rsd6 on our website. Check under the rsd6 tech tab.

RC Car Guy, again, i can't help you much without a set up, but I can tell you that the flex can be used to your advantage. One suggestion would be to replace the front motor countersunk screw (the one that goes into the post from the bottom of the chassis) with a set screw. This should give you more rotation.

To loose traction, you can widen your car, soften your springs, use less camber, lay in your shocks, run less droop, run thicker oil in your shocks. You can always move your wing further forward or cut it down a bit too.

There are tons of things to adjust to lose traction, you just have to find a good combination of them. And again, without a set up posted and an open mind,this is as much help as I can give you.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #2525
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
We have some basic set ups for the rsd6 on our website. Check under the rsd6 tech tab.

RC Car Guy, again, i can't help you much without a set up, but I can tell you that the flex can be used to your advantage. One suggestion would be to replace the front motor countersunk screw (the one that goes into the post from the bottom of the chassis) with a set screw. This should give you more rotation.

To loose traction, you can widen your car, soften your springs, use less camber, lay in your shocks, run less droop, run thicker oil in your shocks. You can always move your wing further forward or cut it down a bit too.

There are tons of things to adjust to lose traction, you just have to find a good combination of them. And again, without a set up posted and an open mind,this is as much help as I can give you.
I have already done the above you have suggested ill get you an updates set up tonight
Old 01-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #2526
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

OK, convince me one way or the other PLEASE!

I am going to buy a second chassis in the next month or two, either the T4 2014 and run it with the kit chassis or a 2013 car and update it to the RX4v2. The RX4 will also get the closed layshaft holders and possibly updated front arms (I know I’ll have to mill them down a bit). So, on paper they are pretty much the same cost.

I already have a 2013 car with the RX4 v1 kit and closed layshafts. Between the stock setup and this reflex kit I’m sticking with the reflex stuff. But, I’m unwilling to buy a 2014 car AND put the RX4 kit on that. I like to have two cars for the summer so I can have my dedicated mod car for outdoor asphalt and a second car for 17.5 or other classes and as a backup in case I destroy the primary car.

What I don’t like too much about the RX4v2 is the unique top deck. I understand it is needed but now spares don’t translate and options are more limited. It’s not a deal breaker for me but in a perfect world this would be the same. Also, it’s sometimes just nice to have the latest car, not a revised older car. This keeps you on the same page with others for setup and parts.

The 2014 car seems to be very good but is it better than the RX4? Christian has already commented that it’s a good car, but is it good enough to go with rather than the very nice RX4? What does everyone else think?
Old 01-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #2527
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
OK, convince me one way or the other PLEASE!

I am going to buy a second chassis in the next month or two, either the T4 2014 and run it with the kit chassis or a 2013 car and update it to the RX4v2. The RX4 will also get the closed layshaft holders and possibly updated front arms (I know Iíll have to mill them down a bit). So, on paper they are pretty much the same cost.

I already have a 2013 car with the RX4 v1 kit and closed layshafts. Between the stock setup and this reflex kit Iím sticking with the reflex stuff. But, Iím unwilling to buy a 2014 car AND put the RX4 kit on that. I like to have two cars for the summer so I can have my dedicated mod car for outdoor asphalt and a second car for 17.5 or other classes and as a backup in case I destroy the primary car.

What I donít like too much about the RX4v2 is the unique top deck. I understand it is needed but now spares donít translate and options are more limited. Itís not a deal breaker for me but in a perfect world this would be the same. Also, itís sometimes just nice to have the latest car, not a revised older car. This keeps you on the same page with others for setup and parts.

The 2014 car seems to be very good but is it better than the RX4? Christian has already commented that itís a good car, but is it good enough to go with rather than the very nice RX4? What does everyone else think?
I think you're going to be have a hard time finding someone to convince you one way or the other. They are both very capable cars.

You mention buying a 2k14 and putting the RX4 on it, unless I'm reading your post wrong. I don't think that's possible.

You're going to have a very capable car either way.

My opinion is, think less, race more. :-)
Ethan
Old 01-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #2528
Tech Elite

Default New Items

RSD122 RSD Touring Car Roll Center Shims for XRAY T4 2014 and AE TC6.2

These slotted roll center shims allow you to adjust the roll centers on your AE TC6.2 and XRAY T4 2014 very easily. The shims are 0.5mm thick and precision cut out of black G10. In order to install, simply loosen the suspension mount screws, slide underneath the mounts and re- tighten the screws.

RSD121 RSD TC6.2 Bumper Brace and Bumper Kit

This RSD TC6.2 Bumper and Bumper Brace Kit protects the front end of your TC6.2 much better than the original bumper. By raising and elongating the bumper brace, the brace now butts up against the front bulkhead providing much needed support to the bottom bumper screws, preventing chassis de-lamination in hard frontal collisions.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #2529
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Do those shims also work for the RX4 conversion?
Old 01-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #2530
Tech Elite

The Long ones will work, but the split ones will not. They can be made to work with a little bit of light sanding though.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #2531
Tech Addict

Has anyone ran the 6x1.2 pistons or any of the 6 hole pistons i am running 3x1.2 pistons now and they work great
Old 01-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #2532
Tech Elite

Any word on the BD7 battery braces?

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #2533
Tech Elite

Won't be ready for at least 4-6 weeks. We just got the last items from our factory today that we will receive until after Chinese Lunar year Holiday.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:28 PM   #2534
Tech Elite

Ahhh cool thanks.

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #2535
Tech Addict

any other upgrades that improve performance, in the near future? for the tc 6.2