R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2014, 05:31 AM   #2506
Tech Regular
 
Jorge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a chemical plant in TX
Posts: 406
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtez View Post
Christian, what is the difference between the DCJs for the TC6 (RSD071) and the Xray (RSD073). I had DCJs on my TC6 and have just got a T4, so I was hoping to just get new bones or axels to put them on the new car.

Edit: Seeing as though the part number for replacement axels are the same and the bones are different, I assume that I can order the Xray bones and use the rest of the TC6 DCJs.
Correct
__________________
RSD Speedway
Jorge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #2507
Tech Master
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,152
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Williams View Post
RSD V2 T4 chassis/top deck ran terrific in mod this past weekend at Horsham. Tons of steering and buttery smooth rotation in tight radius turns.

Current setup:
http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=625&setup=t4
That's really close to what I've been running lately, and it works good regardless of what turn motor is in.... I haven't tried the new Mazda yet but the Speed 6 has been working well..... Just a tad pushier but practically drives itself! I've also been liking a spool better but I haven't ran on a really flowing layout yet where the gear diff might drive better.
__________________
Stop holding bitterness deep in your bum soul.
cwoods34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #2508
Tech Elite
 
Jon Williams's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,753
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods34 View Post
That's really close to what I've been running lately, and it works good regardless of what turn motor is in.... I haven't tried the new Mazda yet but the Speed 6 has been working well..... Just a tad pushier but practically drives itself! I've also been liking a spool better but I haven't ran on a really flowing layout yet where the gear diff might drive better.
Cool. Yeah, this weekend I'm going to be testing my 14 and my RX4 side-by-side. The RX4 drives more aggressively on corner exit than my 14 does, and it really seems to suit modified.

I really like the new PF GX. It drives with an exacting feel that the 6 seems to lack. Whenever I've run the 6 it feels numb on entry and then has all this steering on corner completion. The GX has entry and completion. I feel like I know where the nose of the car is in a corner.

I'd be curious to hear what kind of changes you make to the car as you go on with the chassis.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #2509
Tech Master
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,152
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Williams View Post
Cool. Yeah, this weekend I'm going to be testing my 14 and my RX4 side-by-side. The RX4 drives more aggressively on corner exit than my 14 does, and it really seems to suit modified.

I really like the new PF GX. It drives with an exacting feel that the 6 seems to lack. Whenever I've run the 6 it feels numb on entry and then has all this steering on corner completion. The GX has entry and completion. I feel like I know where the nose of the car is in a corner.

I'd be curious to hear what kind of changes you make to the car as you go on with the chassis.
I do notice a bit of "numbness" on entry with the Speed 6, but the LTCR is too aggressive elsewhere with the same setup. I usually run a lot of rear uptravel which seems to help though. I've heard from some fast guys that the GX feels more like the LTCR but with a bit less steering... I've been leery that it would lock the car in too much. I also agree with the Speed 6 having a lot of exit steering, which is why I've been running the spool since it is more stable mid to exit..... I'll be sure to try out the GX/front diff combo next time!
__________________
Stop holding bitterness deep in your bum soul.
cwoods34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:12 AM   #2510
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,526
Default

Does anyone have a VTA setup for running a T4'13 with the Reflex RX4 conversion?

Also, having never run this class, how does the handling compare with the same car setup for TC bodyshell and tyres, will it be loose, or lots of push, prone to grip rolling or sliding etc?

Thanks
Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #2511
Tech Addict
 
Bigz84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 589
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

anyone willing to sell some of their plastic inserts (suspension holders) for the rx4. I am looking for the 1 and 3 dotted. yeah, car took some major hits today. PM me if you are, I would really appreciate it.
__________________
Radiopost : EA Motorsports : Orca : Reflex Racing/RSD : Wild Turbo Fans : Franchise Racing Products : RCAmerica : Hudy : Xray : Diggity Designs:
Bigz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:07 PM   #2512
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

You could just buy the spec-r inserts. They're only like $4-5.
__________________
Xray | Airtronics | R1Wurks LiPo | Hobbywing
hyujmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:47 AM   #2513
Tech Regular
 
scoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 450
Default

Can anyone confirm if the new TC6.2 springs work/fit ok with the existing Associated spring cups and adjusters?
__________________
Web Site: http://www.rcracingreviews.net
Sponsors: XFactoryUK | Serpent UK | Modeltune
scoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #2514
Tech Addict
 
rc car guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 647
Default

false post
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #2515
Tech Addict
 
Bigz84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 589
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
You could just buy the spec-r inserts. They're only like $4-5.
thank you, I did not know they were the same.
__________________
Radiopost : EA Motorsports : Orca : Reflex Racing/RSD : Wild Turbo Fans : Franchise Racing Products : RCAmerica : Hudy : Xray : Diggity Designs:
Bigz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:39 PM   #2516
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 859
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Hi, CT,

quoted from your website:-
ARM SWEEP (Inboard Toe Out) (FRONT)
A lot of set-ups lately call for "arm sweep". Arm sweep is typically defined as the front hinge pins being wider than the rear hinge pins on the front arms. Arm sweep will typically decrease entry steering a bit and it will gain middle and exit steering. This is a good setting to use to make the car easier to drive, especially in high grip conditions. Many times this change is very, very subtle.


what is usual angle of arm sweep you would recommend???
Currently with TC6.2, i am using 3 dots out in FF mount, & 1 dot in FR mount.
This should give me 1 deg of arm sweep.
Is this too much???

Thanks

Last edited by hobbs; 01-23-2014 at 11:51 PM.
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #2517
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,215
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Does the RX4v2 accept a standoff for the top deck? Which one fits it, the standard T4 2014 piece?
__________________
www.teamgravityrc.com
Leisure Hours Raceway
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #2518
Tech Addict
 
Bigz84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 589
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
Does the RX4v2 accept a standoff for the top deck? Which one fits it, the standard T4 2014 piece?
spec r stand off
__________________
Radiopost : EA Motorsports : Orca : Reflex Racing/RSD : Wild Turbo Fans : Franchise Racing Products : RCAmerica : Hudy : Xray : Diggity Designs:
Bigz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #2519
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,676
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Hi, CT,

quoted from your website:-
ARM SWEEP (Inboard Toe Out) (FRONT)
A lot of set-ups lately call for "arm sweep". Arm sweep is typically defined as the front hinge pins being wider than the rear hinge pins on the front arms. Arm sweep will typically decrease entry steering a bit and it will gain middle and exit steering. This is a good setting to use to make the car easier to drive, especially in high grip conditions. Many times this change is very, very subtle.


what is usual angle of arm sweep you would recommend???
Currently with TC6.2, i am using 3 dots out in FF mount, & 1 dot in FR mount.
This should give me 1 deg of arm sweep.
Is this too much???

Thanks
I have not run my TC6.2 much, however, I built it :

(... ) ( ...) FF
(.. ) ( ..) FR

( ..) (.. ) RF
( ..) (.. ) RR

I would think this would be a good starting point for carpet. On asphalt I would probably make it
( . ) ( . ) FF
( ..) (.. ) FR

The rear I would stay the same.

I like arm sweep, so I can't think of when I would take it off.
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #2520
Tech Addict
 
rc car guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 647
Default

kevens set up on ae website i am running a decent variation of his gate set up the arm inserts where he says to put them it works pretty well - the excess traction... so is reflex going to make some stiffeners or a thicker top deck or a different weave chassis? PLEASE the stock racers are needing something the stock top deck and chassis has holes in it like additional supports to stiffen the chassis however no one has made any to my knowledge for 17.5 blinky rubber sedan is what i run
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0