Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Try superior hobbies. They might still have some in stock.

Otherwise, green/ pink is a good substitute.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you Cristian, I've ordered the pink/green springs to try.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

My pleasure. Thanks for the order.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Cristian, I just bought a T4'13 from a member on here. It came with
SpecR front diff
SpecR swaybars, 2 sets NIP
Xray spool
RSD alum drives
RSD battery hold downs
RSD dcj shafts
RSD alum bumper brace/transponder mount
RSD springs ; red (4), purple (4), silver (4), green (4), yellow (2)

I seen on your site that the springs arefor asphalt. How would they act on carpet? Do you have any Xray/RSD cross charts on the springs? Also, the SpecR bars, are their #s close to Xrays on the printed ratings?
Old 11-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Asphalt springs are ideal for asphalt, but it does not mean you can't use it on carpet.

The spring chart is under the tc tech tab in our website.

The Spec R swaybars should work very similar to the XRAY pcs.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm see guys put crazy droop and camber in the new T4 and RX4. The cars are rolling so much on high bite carpet. Is this the new norm? Super flex and lots of roll!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Asphalt springs are ideal for asphalt, but it does not mean you can't use it on carpet.
Again, to reiterate this point I have been using RSD Asphalt Green springs successfully on carpet at Horsham RC for the past few weeks and am really enjoying them.

As Cristian has stated in the past springs are partially a preference thing. I know other guys the tracks I race at cannot stand the feel of progressive springs particularly on carpet. I am not one of them.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys
Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Cristian for my RSD parts that arrived yesterday, could not be happier and they are absolute top quality. They were the final touches to making a TC6.2 of my own i.e. a TC6.1 WC with my own design increased flex bottom deck, PCM upper deck, dual bell crank steering, floating servo and Lipo setup, DJCs all round, adjustable belt tensioner and TRF dampers. I will be track testing it against the stock WC on monday/tuesday at Stafford outdoor circuit (weather permitting) plus i want to finish fine tuning the LRP flow/X20 4.0 13mm rotor combo.

I will let you all know how it goes
Kind regards and thanks again
Tom
Old 11-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen10
I'm see guys put crazy droop and camber in the new T4 and RX4. The cars are rolling so much on high bite carpet. Is this the new norm? Super flex and lots of roll!
I have a great setup with the RX4 chassis at Monti's.... I'll share with ya the next time we're both there
Old 11-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
I have a great setup with the RX4 chassis at Monti's.... I'll share with ya the next time we're both there
Cody,
I would also like to see it, if you don't mind. I just want to compare it to the stock setup from RSD and my current setup.

Bigz
Old 11-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

A Big thanks to Cristian for all the great parts for the RSD tc6.2. I received my lowered shock towers and springs about 5 months ago and before I could put them on I got sick and found out I have cancer. So while I have been talking treatments I put them on with the new springs. While I have a break before surgery so I took it to the track to try a full race day. The chemo makes me tired so this was the first time I was able to stay all day. And won the first time out with the car. It was defiantly the car because I haven’t drove since July. Thanks so much for such a GREAT Car!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bigz84
Cody,
I would also like to see it, if you don't mind. I just want to compare it to the stock setup from RSD and my current setup.

Bigz
Sure! It feels a bit like my favorite T4 setup but with a little more steering, so I've been happy with it.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
Remember you let me see your setup which by the way I still have your setup sheet.
I was just asking about the crazy droop and camber because I saw some guys Sunday running some crazy stuff. It seem like the car was rolling so much and standing on the front outside tire in the turn. I am use to seeing a more flat approach in the corner but some fast guys had what I think is extreme chassis roll!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Budman
A Big thanks to Cristian for all the great parts for the RSD tc6.2. I received my lowered shock towers and springs about 5 months ago and before I could put them on I got sick and found out I have cancer. So while I have been talking treatments I put them on with the new springs. While I have a break before surgery so I took it to the track to try a full race day. The chemo makes me tired so this was the first time I was able to stay all day. And won the first time out with the car. It was defiantly the car because I haven’t drove since July. Thanks so much for such a GREAT Car!!!
Nice! Congrats!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mugen10
Remember you let me see your setup which by the way I still have your setup sheet.
I was just asking about the crazy droop and camber because I saw some guys Sunday running some crazy stuff. It seem like the car was rolling so much and standing on the front outside tire in the turn. I am use to seeing a more flat approach in the corner but some fast guys had what I think is extreme chassis roll!
Yes but I've made a few changes since then! Tried a lot of things with Jonesy at Monti's recently so I'll have a few ideas you can play with to see if you like them as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.