R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #1891
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks to Reflex for the great service and great products.

Currently in our Points Series (5 of the 10 races weeks completed) The RSD6 chassis has 4 TQ's and 5 Wins. Our 17.5 TC glass is our largest class with 19 cars and growing.

RSD parts on my car.

RSD Chassis, Pistons, soft bladders, fan mount, floating servo mount, sway bar colors, springs, DCJ's V1 (upgrading them to V2), Battery hold downs and assorted upgraded RDS screws.

Thanks for developing great products and always providing excellent customer service.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #1892
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For your rsd dcj spare axles do they come in a pair for $11 or is that just 1? Also do you plan on releasing the rest of the parts as spares? Pins etc.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #1893
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Axles are pairs.

The pins and barrels are the same as before. The only difference is the old barrels are threaded, but that makes no difference once installed, they are on the site.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:30 AM   #1894
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Axles are pairs.

The pins and barrels are the same as before. The only difference is the old barrels are threaded, but that makes no difference once installed, they are on the site.
Ok cool, I only looked under x ray and didn't see them. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #1895
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My new Evo chassis showed up today! Looks great! I can't wait to get it installed.
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #1896
Tech Regular

I'm transferring everything over to my new EVO6.2 Chassis. I have the RSD battery hold down system. I'm a little unclear on how all of this is supposed to mount up. Got any pictures of one that's installed on the new chassis with the battery hold down system?
Old 01-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #1897
Tech Regular

I was looking at pictures on the RSD site. It looks as if the battery hold down system that came with the old RSD6 chassis is different than the battery hold down system that I have. This is the battery hold down system that I have and I am not sure how to mount it to the chassis. I don't understand how the two little nubs on the chassis are supposed to hold my battery down or how this would work with even the stock battery hold down that came with the car.
http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-AE-T...em_p_1300.html

Also, another issue is the steering servo position and using the stock steering turnbuckle. It is too short to reach when the servo is set up in the neutral position and wheels facing straight forward. It is pretty standard that I will need a longer turnbuckle? My servo is a Savox low profile 1251MG.

Any ideas?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #1898
Tech Elite

Yes, if you want to use the battery hold down system, you must purchase the carbon fiber brackets separately. Personally I use the battery stops and tape.

For the tie rod, you can either use a longer one, or longer ball ends on the link.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #1899
Tech Regular

Quote:
Yes, if you want to use the battery hold down system, you must purchase the carbon fiber brackets separately. Personally I use the battery stops and tape.

For the tie rod, you can either use a longer one, or longer ball ends on the link.
I see. I was under the impression that the battery hold down system that the description for the Evo 6.2 chassis referred to, was the only battery hold down system you have listed on the site. That is the battery hold down system that I have. Is there a link where I can order those parts? I do not see them on the site. Or do you have a picture of your car so I can see what you are talking about with the stops and tape?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #1900
Tech Elite

The stops are already installed on your EVO chassis. We do it with every chassis we ship out. This is how I run mine. The parts to use the old battery set up are on the site, in the RSD6 category. They are called rsd6 carbon fiber battery brackets I think.

If you want to look at the different set up go to the website and look at the first gen RSD6. This chassis used carbon fiber brackets to hold the battery in place . As an option, you could use thr RSD6 batter hold down system, which includes the posts and cf tabs, like the one we sell for the TC6.

The EVO does not come with a "battery hold down system" it comes with battery stoppers at the front and rear of the battery pack, which you have to use in combination with strapping tape to hold the battery on the chassis. You can use the RSD6 system, however you must buy the parts separately. We did it this way in order to keep price lower on the conversion price point and to shed weight on the battery side, which is already heavy.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #1901
Tech Regular

Oooohhhhhhhhhhh. I see now! I always click on the TC6 link and get parts from there! I'll learn to use the internet one of these days. I see the parts now. If I order them from you tonight, would you be able to ship them out Priority to me on Monday so that they will make it to Alaska by Thursday in time to race on Friday?

Another question. The current battery hold down system I have, can it be made to work with the new carbon fiber braces? Are the little black studs the same length?

The titanium steering turnbuckle you have listed... how long is it?

Thanks for all of the help and the great products! I have been extremely pleased with everything I have ordered.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #1902
Tech Elite

Yes, Monday should be no problem. The RSD6 titanium link is 25mm I believe.

Thank you. We are glad we can be of service and grateful for your business.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #1903
Tech Regular

Quote:
Yes, Monday should be no problem. The RSD6 titanium link is 25mm I believe.

Thank you. We are glad we can be of service and grateful for your business.
25mm is exactly what I was looking for! I just placed an order for that stuff. Afterwards, I noticed the DCJ V2 Couplings with the retainer clips. Would I be able to use those to convert my current V1 DCJs or is the fitting different? This is what I'm talking about.
http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-DCJ-...rs_p_1675.html

I currently have the original DCJs with the shrink wrap on them.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #1904
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Christian,
I was looking at your website after starting my search for another setup station to replace my current one. I really like my current station, but now need a setup station with caster as well. Everyone locally uses Hudy setup tools, and while I'm considering them, I've been impressed by many of the different 3racing products for value. Have you used and or compared the 3racing to Hudy station? Anyone else? Accuracy on the 3racing? any help would be great.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #1905
Tech Elite

I don't typically use a set-up station, but all the 3Racing stuff is usually top notch. The set-up station is certainly not an exception. And for the price, you can't beat the value.