Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: R2 Team driver !

Originally posted by TC3

I hope we will find some good setups..
can u plz tell me what parts will break first, so i can buy them as spare parts..
sorry for my bad english

Hmm I have 2~3 set-up's right now for the R2 .. but it depends on what type of track you race on

as for parts that might take a beating..??. .I would have to say Dog bones and front outdrives are a give on any TC...also if you will race on carpet.. you might want to get the double front oneway bearing upgrade.

-Dave
Old 02-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: BARRACUDA

Originally posted by bigd4343
I SENT YOU A PM ON RCTECH BUT I DONT KNOW IF I DID IT RIGHT....ANYWAY EMAIL ME IF U GET A [email protected] AND RACERS....I AM A 14 YEAR RC RACING VETERAN AND SHAFT DRIVE(MY THREE TC3'S) IS THE "WAY" TO GO!!
I hit you back this morning.?? Did you get it..? If not I'll send another

Also I agree with you to..Shaft drive is the way to go

-Dave
Old 02-27-2003, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Yes, it is official! We will be the new dealer for Alex Racing products in the US. I am very happy personally to have the honor of bringing in great products from Alex Racing.

I've driven a lot of touring cars before (and I mean A LOT! ) I had both the TC3 and the EVOIII and as far as handling and on track performance, I personally believe the Barracuda R2 is right there with them. However, I have to say when I ran my R2 last weekend, I was absolutely amazed at how hard the car accelerates. The bottom line is, the R2's got great potential.

I will most likely be at SoCal Raceway this Saturday, so if you guys are local and are interested in checking the car out in person, feel free to drop by

Also, I would like to say a big "Thank you" to Dave, as you all know, he is very knowledgeable with the whole Alex Racing product line and especially the Barracuda series. He has helped me tremendously with the car. Thanks again Dave!

I will keep you all posted on approx arrival date and price.

Thank you all for your support!

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Your welcome for all of the Help Steve...
Old 02-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by CSF0623
Stevetech: O-Yeahh have you driven a mr4-tc? J/K Whaddup Steveo more than likely I will race SOCAL Saturday, and if you beat me there w/ your Alex car I will be the first to buy it when you get them in!
Hehehe Good luck Steve
-Dave
Old 02-27-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

What after market parts would you guys like too see for your Barracuda's???

Here's what I would like to see

1) 2~3mm lower bulkheads for Lower C/G.

2) 2 position steering knuckles ...so you have a Ackerman choise.

put up your idea's

-Dave
Old 02-27-2003, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Yes, it is official! We will be the new dealer for Alex Racing products in the US. I am very happy personally to have the honor of bringing in great products from Alex Racing.

I've driven a lot of touring cars before (and I mean A LOT! ) I had both the TC3 and the EVOIII and as far as handling and on track performance, I personally believe the Barracuda R2 is right there with them. However, I have to say when I ran my R2 last weekend, I was absolutely amazed at how hard the car accelerates. The bottom line is, the R2's got great potential.

I will most likely be at SoCal Raceway this Saturday, so if you guys are local and are interested in checking the car out in person, feel free to drop by

Also, I would like to say a big "Thank you" to Dave, as you all know, he is very knowledgeable with the whole Alex Racing product line and especially the Barracuda series. He has helped me tremendously with the car. Thanks again Dave!

I will keep you all posted on approx arrival date and price.

Thank you all for your support!

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Dang it Steve, now I have access to Cuda parts, it will be harder to decide between a the new Corally and the R2.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by elnitro
Dang it Steve, now I have access to Cuda parts, it will be harder to decide between a the new Corally and the R2.

Umm ... easy choise R2... already proven the new design and parts work awesome

but then again thats my 2 Yen

-Dave
Old 02-27-2003, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Umm ... easy choise R2... already proven the new design and parts work awesome

but then again thats my 2 Yen

-Dave
Or do you mean your R2 Yen? By the way, what colors does it come in blue, purple, ???, ???
Old 02-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Looks like the weather will be holding up this weekend, which means I will actually be attending the NORRCA California State Championship this Saturday with the Barracuda. Wish me luck! I hope to bring back some decent results.

elnitro,

I'm sorry to make your decision difficult Honestly though, the barracuda is one of the nicest looking kit out on the market, and so far it has shown great potential.

We will be bringing in the blue version of the cuda first, and if there is enough demand, we'll bring in the other colors.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 02-27-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by elnitro
Or do you mean your R2 Yen? By the way, what colors does it come in blue, purple, ???, ???
Blue
Red
Pink
Purple

-Dave
Old 02-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

Looks like the weather will be holding up this weekend, which means I will actually be attending the NORRCA California State Championship this Saturday with the Barracuda. Wish me luck! I hope to bring back some decent results.

elnitro,

I'm sorry to make your decision difficult Honestly though, the barracuda is one of the nicest looking kit out on the market, and so far it has shown great potential.

We will be bringing in the blue version of the cuda first, and if there is enough demand, we'll bring in the other colors.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Bring Back Lots of good news Steve... and Lots of Pictures!!!!!!!!

Also this thread has reached a HUGE MILE STONE..1000 Post's !!

-Dave
Old 02-27-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Default steve

what class are you gonna run steve ?? gimme a shout if you need help i have been running the cuda in the states for a while i have a few set ups .... and a few items you may be interested in ....
Old 02-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

dynoman,

thank you for your offer I'll be running in the 19T spec class, maybe stock as well (or even mod.) The car works very good out of the box. So far, I just packed some basic stuff like tires (sorexes and take-offs) and some Yokomo shock springs, I think those will fit the barracuda just fine. this is such a last minute decision to race there, I'm still masking the body and packing my stuff

man Dave, you got me addicted to those smileys now hahahaha

I will give you guys an update when I get back Sat. night or sunday morning.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Last edited by SpeedTech; 02-27-2003 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Barracuda Alum. Spool

Handmade T6 6061 Billet Spools w/ 3mm x .5 mounting holes, 100% warranty against breakage. I made 10 for a cuda, also have them for a TC3. Cuda $40. ea. US - TC3 $35. ea. US
Also make custom wheels, chassy work, and just about any part you can't find. Accept paypal. Further inquiries, send me a PM.
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-picture-55.jpg  
Old 02-27-2003, 11:38 PM
Ian
Tech Regular

nice spool.....wondering if you gona make 4 slots for the CVD pins like the ones one the Cuda oneway outdrives....if you gonna make one like that ...i may be up for one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.