Originally posted by fReShJiVe
i'm not pretty sure myself...but one thing for sure the R2 is the 2 speed version of the old baraccuda but it can be use as a normal single speed also....battery slot is moved inner on the chassis for better weight distribution...and chassis is 6mm narrower...the 2 speed looks like it's more geared for stock racing due to limited spur/pinion choices....maybe they'll have more gearing options for mod motors....and also threaded shock is now standard
by the way HK & Japan guys should be able to give more details to you
For the R2 Cuda...
The changes that they have done to the chassis are as follows
1) like freshjive side the chassis is 6mm more narrow and the battery has been move forward and inward about 3mm
2) the servo mount position has also been moved forward about 4~6mm
3) along with the Battery and servo being moved forward the motor mount has been moved up to make room for the 2 speed gear set..
4) the Gearing selection is set up for 23T Stock motor racing.. the ratios are as follows low gear 4.89~4.98?? I forget..?
and the high gear is some where's in the 5.65~5.85 range
5) Alex has just mow released an addaptor so you can bypass the 2 speed and run any spur gear and pinion you would like I think that it cost's like about 20$ or so..
6)Also like freshjive said it comes with threaded shocks..but also it now comes with more "Beefy" A-arms now to..
7) I'll see if I can make heads or tails of what the jiber jaber says on there sight to see if theres more