Originally posted by Herminator
Any pics will be good
didn't your digi cam die before too, sounds like you need to get it sorted
So they're not bothering with the half a dozen options, kinda good, but I thought they might move the cells atleast a couple mm forward, ahwell.
You said before the A-arms are slightly changed, beefier around the large pivot balls, will this be a change we can use on the R2? ie. they'l stop making the old ones since they're not needed.
OK here is the complete Low down on what has changed with the R3..
1)IT's not going to be limmited it`s replacing the R2,R1 ect ect
2)THe 5mm spacers on the back of the bulkheads are now added on the the bulk head so there is no more tweek problems when you crash(longer and one peice)....also they incorporated a new swaybar mount into the bulkhead so you can change the stabilizer out without taking off the shock towers
3)New motor mount ..so you will nolonger need a drivesystem for the Car
...this thing is trick!!!
it looks like the Xenon and PAL mount where the Motor goes on(SD EVO ect ect) but it ties the upper deck and lower deck together mounts by 5 screws 4 on top and one on the lower chassis
4) Super Strong 100% pure Carbon fiber chassis not the 70% blend like 99% of the RC cars have today 20$ more rigid than the standard R2 chassis....also there is no visible weave to the carbon fiber
and there is a Sweet looking Rainbow glitter now in the chassis( nice Eye candy)
5) New wiper style steering rack (think TC-3) but better...much more adjustable Ackerman(better idea in my book)
6) Drive shaft is now a dogbone type(just like the PAL Drive system) but the shaft will still be carbon
and also you will be able to run a Drive shaft oneway along with the front oneway later too
(even more cornering speed)
7) Chassis balance...
they have moved the battery forward 3mm and the motor mount is back 1.5mm (just when you thought htat the R2 had good chassis balance they ,ake it better
8) Colors..they will be the same
9) Same Retail Price 39800 Yen...so you can exspect to but the new R3 for the same price as the R2...but you will have much more options that come with the car
10) 85% of the R2/R1 parts will work on this car
bevel gears diffs shocks knuckles hubs ect ect.. (basicaly drive train and chassis have been changed for the better)
11)Slightly more beefier front and rear a-arms arounf the piviot ballsbut the a-arm is still the same so it can be used with the R2)
12) Option parts to come at the release of the R3
Carbon low degree front C-hubs
Carbon High degree front C-hubs
Center drive shaft one way
1.5 deg Carbon rear hubs
Carbon Bevel gears
So you guys with the R2`s don`t worry the R2 will still have support
I asked ALEX Racing about it they will still be making parts and since most of the stuff that is for the R3 can be used on the R2