Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
well in stock for with PAL hubs and a PAL drive system it did quite well at the Last JMRCA Race.. "with a Mod motor"

-Dave
we noticed the pal hubs are quite shorter than the original hubs... how does it affect handling?

also, randman mentioned in the losi forum that you figured out how to make the R2 run quieter... pls do share... thanks.

- jason
Old 09-26-2003, 06:50 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by highwayman
what new chassis if i may ask?

here is the pal new chassis kit
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-chassis-kit.jpg  
Old 09-26-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by highwayman

also, randman mentioned in the losi forum that you figured out how to make the R2 run quieter... pls do share... thanks.

- jason

Well it has to do with the shimming of the bevel gear and using a new front one way gear and rear diff gear.. .... I posted it a few pages back on the R2 thread

-Dave
Old 09-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are the pals hubs better than the xenon ones that steve sells at speedtech?
Old 09-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Are the pals hubs better than the xenon ones that steve sells at speedtech?

there not better or worse.... it just depends on what type of racing you do and what type of layout..... the PAL hubs are more set up for MOD/carpet or High bite tracks.... the Xenon ones are also good beacuse the are 7 deg vice the normal or square ones that are 5 deg..
just depends on what type of racing you do... for me I have one with the Square / Xenon hubs and all of the rest have the PAL hubs

-Dave
Old 09-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Regional Moderator

there not better or worse.... it just depends on what type of racing you do and what type of layout..... the PAL hubs are more set up for MOD/carpet or High bite tracks.... the Xenon ones are also good beacuse the are 7 deg vice the normal or square ones that are 5 deg..
just depends on what type of racing you do... for me I have one with the Square / Xenon hubs and all of the rest have the PAL hubs

-Dave
It will be with foams, on carpet, w/ those new 19 turn hand wound motors...does that help? I was going to switch over to the midspan arms...should I keep the front one way? The car handled pretty well with stock setup, 80 wt oil, #2 pistons, stock springs...I had the rear c hubs that takes some rear toe out of it...Can you use any of those hubs on pavement? Thanks Dave.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
It will be with foams, on carpet, w/ those new 19 turn hand wound motors...does that help? I was going to switch over to the midspan arms...should I keep the front one way? The car handled pretty well with stock setup, 80 wt oil, #2 pistons, stock springs...I had the rear c hubs that takes some rear toe out of it...Can you use any of those hubs on pavement? Thanks Dave.

lets just put it this way... the springs that come with the kit and the rear hubs that have the tons of toe with the long span a-arms you can make this car rock..... trust me it works..( on almost any track.....but So Cal it seems )

-Dave
Old 09-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Regional Moderator

lets just put it this way... the springs that come with the kit and the rear hubs that have the tons of toe with the long span a-arms you can make this car rock..... trust me it works..( on almost any track.....but So Cal it seems )

-Dave
even with the stock rear hubs? my car is about stock besides the rear hubs...I only raced it once on carpet, 5 times, if that on pavement...I want some carpet...make them eat their yokes, choke on their tc3s and loose with their losis...you know what I mean brotha??
Old 09-27-2003, 02:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Can anyone suggest good gearing for a Matrix V10R 27x1 and a 19 Turn Spec. I run on carpet and a polished wood spors hall floor.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

well with my mvp on wood i run a 70/23 and it seems to keep up quite well with the other guys
Old 09-27-2003, 08:01 AM
Regional Moderator

we gear our 19 turns more than our stocks.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dude-San
Can anyone suggest good gearing for a Matrix V10R 27x1 and a 19 Turn Spec. I run on carpet and a polished wood spors hall floor.
A lot depends on the size of your hall and the layout.
I've used the Matrix V10R indoors on a basketball court sized wooden floor with 70/22 and it seems quite good. Recently I've been using my old Green Machine 3 which is also a revy motor but it seems the MAtrix always likes more revs as I find a 23tooth pinion is heaps better than one either side of it for the GM3.
The Matrix 19turn I've only really used outdoors on tarmac, on a huge track I'd gear it around 5.0, on a normal sized track I'd gear it around 6.0. Indoors on carpet I'd start with a larger pinion than the 27turn, it has a heap of torque compared to the high rpm stocks (that includes both matrix stocks, one may be classed as the torque version but it still is a high rpm motor)
Old 09-27-2003, 09:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
let me know what you've got for a set-up...
carpet season is about to start next month....
we have
stock with Rubber tires...
spec 19 w/foams.
& Mod w/foams.

Who runs carpet in Cali? I didn't even know there was a carpet track left...
Old 09-27-2003, 09:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Have you guys heard of TD design?

http://www.team-td.net/

looks like they do some very nice paint jobs...
They do look good... I wonder if that is actually Pavidis' body, seeing as how it's a Losi Alfa, I'm guessing not. He was running his protoform bodies last Tuesday.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Well it has to do with the shimming of the bevel gear and using a new front one way gear and rear diff gear.. .... I posted it a few pages back on the R2 thread

-Dave
They are propably 30 pages back by now, did Steve ever add them to the Alex USA site?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.