Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by paulc
am making an order list for spares. any recommendations?
I'd go with Knuckles and C-Hubs, though, ther are not easy to break, it's good to have them on standby just incase of a nuclear explosion or something...Arms too can be added. You can also get those Steering Posts where the servo savers are attached too...I've experienced bending them in a hard crash and made the saver bind. Bearings....After having my R2 for a month, I've I have already changed 2 bearings on the front right knuckle. Shock Shafts, can be added too as spares. Btw, correct me if I'm wrong guys, but is it true that most of the R1 and R2 parts can be used for both cars? If this is true, PaulC, you won't hve problems with your spare coz I'll be having alot of spares in the shop soon for the CUDA.

I saw your post in our local thread, when are your running it? Let's try it out in Fiesta
Old 08-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Randman
In the mood to adopt a son? I could go for an SL55AMG
Old 08-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Just notice

I'm not sure if the Alex Racing makes a graphite servo saver, but I've notice today that the yokomo SD graphite servo saver looks and measures exactly so I think I'm going experiment and change that.

Dan
Old 08-06-2003, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

FBjoe: when do you think they'ld arrive? I know the suspension parts would fit, so I guess I'll just cancel my order. For sure I'll be running it before the 23rd at fiesta, need to "learn" the kit first. I'll try the 9th or the 16th for a practice run. Wanna join? I guess the rest of the bakal boys would go as well.

BTW, what class you running on?
Old 08-07-2003, 04:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Just notice

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
I'm not sure if the Alex Racing makes a graphite servo saver, but I've notice today that the yokomo SD graphite servo saver looks and measures exactly so I think I'm going experiment and change that.

Dan
it`S the same part..don`t waste your hard earned $$

-Dave
Old 08-07-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

dave: what class do you run on?

How do you set the anti squat on the R1?
Old 08-07-2003, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

dave: what class do you run on?

How do you set the anti squat on the R1?
23T Sportsman Class and you can set Anti squat by using adjusting shims under the rear sus a-arm balls..they come in different thicknesses from .5mm~1.5mm

-Dave
Old 08-07-2003, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks dave
Old 08-07-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

FBjoe: when do you think they'ld arrive? I know the suspension parts would fit, so I guess I'll just cancel my order. For sure I'll be running it before the 23rd at fiesta, need to "learn" the kit first. I'll try the 9th or the 16th for a practice run. Wanna join? I guess the rest of the bakal boys would go as well.

BTW, what class you running on?
They will definitely be here before the big race in Fiesta. I know it's taking a long time. I can't do anything about it, some guys are getting restless already but you know, it's definitely worth the wait.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

hey guys i was wodnering if you could help me witha bit of a problem im having at my home track the car si fine because its quite small and indoors but at the outdoor track i race i get quite bad glitching problems and was wondering how to solve it its really spoiling my racing i was just wondering if trying the receiver in difrent positions ontop of the serve would help im running 40meg fm with a kr-301fwith the arial exit of the receiver poiting out the sideof the car and the wire that goes from the receiver to the ariel mount is in a small bit of arial tubing to try and sheild it a bit

any help would be apreciated guys thanx
Old 08-07-2003, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Make sure all your motor caps are in good condition, they cost pennies to change. Mount you reciever in various ways, such as crystal as far away from the motor as possible, on it's side, double servo tape, on the servo, on the top deck. Change wiring routes, all the usual stuff.
I had a lot of problems due to my radio being badly tuned, you may want to try and find someone with the equipment to check your radio. I've not had mine done long but no glitches so far and I mount my reciever on the bottom chassis, between the servo and the ESC.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

ok thanks i have a ko esprit 2 radio thats only a few months old so i dont think it will be that and it was fine in my tc3 at the track
Old 08-07-2003, 08:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

am making an order list for spares. any recommendations?
Get some gears as well, never know when a small rock could ruin your day.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Re: Just notice

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
it`S the same part..don`t waste your hard earned $$

-Dave
We have the graphite servo saver in the kit? I was thinking of upgrading to the Yokomo one as well, but if that's what's stock, then cool
Old 08-07-2003, 08:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by John_S
ok thanks i have a ko esprit 2 radio thats only a few months old so i dont think it will be that and it was fine in my tc3 at the track
I have heard of some Ko radios bieng out of tune from the factory. If nothing else works, you should send in your transmitter and reciever and have them tune your system up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.