Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 11:25 AM
Regional Moderator

why arent you using the ti shock mounts ? and ramons right your arms need to be set in if you are using then from the kit.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: What are these

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
What are these use for?
only thing I can think that the small round spacers are for are as an option for the turnbuckle links on the top deck, to raise the front ones like the rears are (note the different heights of the balls used here)
Old 08-06-2003, 11:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: What are these

What are these use for?

you should have 2 sets of those one set of 4 with slots in the middle of them for your sway bars and the other set 4 just solid for use when not running sway bars
Old 08-06-2003, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Web Owners, need your help

Ok I need some help from you Web Special owners.

1. The huge battery brace mount doesn't seemed to fit on this chassis yet it came with the nice orange battery plate. When trying to align the holes on the mount, the rear spur gear is in the way as well as the front steering post. How did you manage to get this to fit?

2. I've notice that when mounting the arms both front and rear, there is binding unless the screws are loosen. I have the ti set witht he marks so in the front, the marks are facing forward, in the rears the marks are facing outward per instructions by Randman. How do you keep this from binding?

3. There are no droop screws on this car, so what do I use? are the black cap screws used for this in the REAR? I've also notice that the front arms has holes on the back meaning it was designed for droop screws I suppose but it doesn't contact any part of the chassis so I'm confused here.

4. This kit also came with 4 orange cone washer so they are to be replaced and mounted on the shock tower front and rear where the countersink screws that holds the shock goes. That part is ok, but there are also 4 of the 2mm orange spacers. What are they used for? and where?

5. There are two retangular Orange thingy with two holes in them which at first, I thought they where servo mounts but looking closely, they dont' have bottom holes so it can't be that. Where do these go? since the manual doe not say or even mentioned the above.

I'm stuck here.

The drivetrain is super smooth and very well aligned so at least thats a good sign. One thing though, this car is alot harder to built then any of the other cars I've own. Unlike the XRAY or the SD where it's a install and run process, this car requires some major attention and guess work. Maybe just the WEB Special? I dunno.

Thanks guys.

Dan
I don't have the Web Special, but I have a regular Cuda.

1. I think the black battery holders are for people who want to use stick packs. If you mount the spur gear in front of the adapter, it will interfere with the holder. I also noticed that the battery holder bumps into the inner servo mount for the particular servo I use, so I took off the holder and have gone to using strapping tape to hold my batteries in place.

2. I have the regular ball studs in the front and the concentric ones in the back. In order to remove some of the toe-in, I have the front ones with the marks facing in and the ones in the back facing out. As for binding, it might go away after a few runs. The arms are kind of soft.

3. The standard kit does not come with droop screws either. I used 3x10 set screws, but I have seen others use a 3x10 or 3x12 hex screw. I'm pretty sure there is a place on the chassis for the screws to hit unless you mistakenly mounted the ballstuds where the mid-span arms should mount.

4+5. Hmmm. Not sure about those. I have looked at the pictures posted in the Web Special thread and could not see where they would go. Maybe Dave knows.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=19272

I hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Sounds like everyone has covered just about all your problems. But if you want to use the battery holder, you need to mount the spur gear on the other side of the mount, so that it goes further back out of the way.

Although the battery strap looks cool, I am not going to be using it, strapping tape is the way to go...

For a starter SoCal setup, use 2 of those 2mm thick orange washers underneath the front inner camber link balls. Dave, Rocketron, and I are all running with that setup.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Off to work, see you guys tonight
Old 08-06-2003, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Randman
For a starter SoCal setup, use 2 of those 2mm thick orange washers underneath the front inner camber link balls. Dave, Rocketron, and I are all running with that setup.
Is that 1-2mm for each side or 2 for each side?
Old 08-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Some pics

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I'm just about at the same point... have to build the shocks next.

Btw...isn't the arm pivot ball use the inner holes?
Yeah, I notice that mistake and changed it. I'm actually done with the shocks from day 1. Just needed to sort out battery holder stuff and put it all together. I beat you're having fun with those nice tools huh?

Dan
Old 08-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Herminator
Well from the photo's I can see the suspension arms are mounted on the wrong holes, they need to be the furthest in pair of holes. You also have missed out the shock tower spacers
Ok, those are fixed. Thanks Herminator!

Dan
Old 08-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Some pics

Yeah, I notice that mistake and changed it. I'm actually done with the shocks from day 1. Just needed to sort out battery holder stuff and put it all together. I beat you're having fun with those nice tools huh?

Dan
Yea
the tools are soooo sweeeeet!!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Ko Racer
why arent you using the ti shock mounts ? and ramons right your arms need to be set in if you are using then from the kit.
KO, what Ti shock mounts are you talking about?

Dan
Old 08-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: What are these

Originally posted by Ko Racer
you should have 2 sets of those one set of 4 with slots in the middle of them for your sway bars and the other set 4 just solid for use when not running sway bars
Got it, thanks.

Dan
Old 08-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I noticed that you are running the gear covers...??? if so what color were the steering posts that you used.??? if they are Orange they are to short and you are warping the $h!t out of that upper deck

-Dave
Old 08-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

KO, what Ti shock mounts are you talking about?

Dan
this ones...that came with the wrench..
Old 08-06-2003, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I noticed that you are running the gear covers...??? if so what color were the steering posts that you used.??? if they are Orange they are to short and you are warping the $h!t out of that upper deck

-Dave
I notice that the orange post were short...and that I'll have to add spacers... are the black ones longer? I haven't compared the sizes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.