Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I would have to say yes it does have the turning that a g plus has,in stock the R2 is faster than my g plus,it will take a hit that does break my losi,right now it's my favorite tc of my fleet.. I have a few(6) not counting back up cars.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

With the one-way (standard) installed the car has loads of turn-in but as with any one-way car it is a bit lose in the rear. Not in an out of control way though, you cant expect any car with a one-way installed to be totally planted when you back off the throttle and turn in, and the 'Cuda is easy to get back in shape when you power on out of the corner.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by JohnA
you cant expect any car with a one-way installed to be totally planted when you back off the throttle and turn in
Hi John,

There is a hint there, don't back completely off the throttle allways stay on the throttle around corners, break in a straight line if you have to. Or preferably adjust your lines so you can stay on throttle (partial at least) all the time.

Works for me.

Tony
Old 06-11-2003, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by defMondo
Hi John,

There is a hint there, don't back completely off the throttle allways stay on the throttle around corners, break in a straight line if you have to. Or preferably adjust your lines so you can stay on throttle (partial at least) all the time.

Works for me.

Tony
Alternatively adjust your transmitter to have the car roll forward even at neutral. This should help keep the car planted since the car should still be in 4wd mode when you let go of the throttle.

Manually controlling the throttle as suggested by defMondo is still the best option for maximising corner speed. Of course you will have to practice more to pick the best line.........
Old 06-11-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by itchynads
Alternatively adjust your transmitter to have the car roll forward even at neutral. This should help keep the car planted since the car should still be in 4wd mode when you let go of the throttle.

Manually controlling the throttle as suggested by defMondo is still the best option for maximising corner speed. Of course you will have to practice more to pick the best line.........
That's it, and what ever you do never let go of the steering when your getting back on to the straight always steer the car straight.

Isn't that right Itchy

Tony
Old 06-11-2003, 02:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thin one-way shaft

Hi All,

I would like to check if anyone ever break the front one way shaft-cup?
It look so fragile with the machining that remove almost all the material.

thanks
Old 06-11-2003, 02:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by defMondo
That's it, and what ever you do never let go of the steering when your getting back on to the straight always steer the car straight.

Isn't that right Itchy

Tony
Old 06-11-2003, 03:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Thin one-way shaft

Originally posted by SuPerDraGon
Hi All,

I would like to check if anyone ever break the front one way shaft-cup?
It look so fragile with the machining that remove almost all the material.

thanks
the front one way shaft cup is very strong....dont worry about it

-Dave
Old 06-11-2003, 03:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator
It's something different from the usual crowd, unless you're in Japan where Dave says it's very popular, those Japanese are smart
one more plus.....the R2 just placed in the top 6 at the latest ALEX CUP/Club K&K Race in Japan.... and beating the tracks record for amount of laps and fastest lap too

-Dave
Old 06-11-2003, 06:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What speed controler are you guys running,Their is not alot of room for a large one(lrp 7.1,novak dually,etc.)I'm not sure on what to get,I do have 2 smaller speed controlers but their in other cars and i would rather get another one to put in the cuda,any ideas.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

I use an MRT VX Pro, a UK made speedo, very popular here because it's reliable and fully water proof. It has an awful lot of setup options too. Not quite as light as something like an M-Tronics Cube or as small, but it's still a decent size so you should have no problems locating it. I actually have my reciever on top of the servo but thats because my electronics are currently held on by strong velcro, so I can swap them quickly into my RC Lab if needed and so I place the speedo in the position it sits most securely with the wires to the motor pushing on it least.
I want to get myself a futaba 9550 servo, this would give the electronics plenty of room, keeping the reciever further away from the motor than when using a normal sized servo.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by xxxkat
What speed controler are you guys running,Their is not alot of room for a large one(lrp 7.1,novak dually,etc.)I'm not sure on what to get,I do have 2 smaller speed controlers but their in other cars and i would rather get another one to put in the cuda,any ideas.
Im running the following in my cudas A novak GT7, GM V12, and a KO esc.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I run Keyence Zero V-Extreme in all my cars, and that's pretty much all I've been running for the past three years. Very reliable, compact and does not require a external capacitor.

Steve Wang
Old 06-11-2003, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Steve,
Not all of us have our own shop where we can grab a $185 esc off the shelf whenever we feel like it.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Novak GT7 with large Cap fits fine

See inc. img for layout.

Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 09-06-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.