Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Sorry Hermi` I found a new track last night and I went Racing hahahahah

-Dave
Hey dave..... have you ever been to Crest speedway? and how was Yatabe Arena ? you DOG!
Old 05-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry Hermi` I found a new track last night and I went Racing hahahahah

-Dave
"found" a track was it lying behind the washing machine?

jeez, wish I had an abundance of tracks around here
Old 05-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Hey dave..... have you ever been to Crest speedway? and how was Yatabe Arena ? you DOG!
Nope never been to it...but I just went to NRC Raceway in tokyo last night , and I have to say that is one of the cleanest best kept tracks that I have ever been on

-Dave
Old 05-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
"found" a track was it lying behind the washing machine?

jeez, wish I had an abundance of tracks around here

Sorry ....

-Dave
Old 05-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Nope never been to it...but I just went to NRC Raceway in tokyo last night , and I have to say that is one of the cleanest best kept tracks that I have ever been on

-Dave

Cool clean is good
Old 05-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cool clean is good
Joseph, we are racing only outdoors now. I think we might have a different indoors track this fall...just to let you know. See everyone in a week, I'm going north for a week, my wife's 5 year old nephew has to have serious brain surgery this friday and she wants to be at the hospital...was going to race but really don't have the room for race stuff so I'm taking the golf clubs and see if I can shoot under a hundred
Old 05-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

any one alive?
Old 05-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Hermie

I'm alive! spent last night preparing the car for the state titles at the weekend. Going up there with Itchynads, he's pretty good, I'm prety average!

Got my PAL drive system yesterday, in the wrong colour so I'll be running the car without it.
Old 05-21-2003, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Oh yeah. Some of us are just preparing to do battle at Reedy. Things will start to get exciting soon.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JohnA
Hi Hermie

I'm alive! spent last night preparing the car for the state titles at the weekend. Going up there with Itchynads, he's pretty good, I'm prety average!

Got my PAL drive system yesterday, in the wrong colour so I'll be running the car without it.
A little bit generous with your assessment of my hacking skills there John? The weekend should be a blast for Team 'Cuda. Here's hoping to getting our cars dialled in the day before the event
Old 05-21-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Herminator
any one alive?
Sorry Hermi, we are all busy racing at one of the many tracks that we "found" behing a washing machine.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Joseph, we are racing only outdoors now. I think we might have a different indoors track this fall...just to let you know. See everyone in a week, I'm going north for a week, my wife's 5 year old nephew has to have serious brain surgery this friday and she wants to be at the hospital...was going to race but really don't have the room for race stuff so I'm taking the golf clubs and see if I can shoot under a hundred
Hey heath.... outside for the rest of the season? i was hoping to do some more carpet runs but i guess i will keep my pal put up till then and run my other cudas got some cool goodies for you to check out . well i wish your family the best and hope all is ok.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey heath.... outside for the rest of the season? i was hoping to do some more carpet runs but i guess i will keep my pal put up till then and run my other cudas got some cool goodies for you to check out . well i wish your family the best and hope all is ok.
goodies????
Old 05-22-2003, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Talking Sorry Guys..

I have been really lagging when it comes to posting new stuff... Sorry

I 'll gwt the new goods up soon you will all be Surprised
-Dave
Old 05-25-2003, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Well I hope you guys are out racing and getting good results, or developing photo's...........

Well it was the seconds round of the Scottish Championship today, weather turned out to be good yet again at Carlisle, their record for good weather really is astonishing

It was my first run with my new cells and since I've freed up the drivetrain. First went out to practise with my old 3000's and things were ok, needed a touch more steering though and the track was damp in a few places causing a few spins.
Turned the steering to almost full on my transmitter for the first qualifier and put my new cells in. WOW those cells be GOOD
Started doing some decent laps and got settled in, still a little bit of understeer, or maybe that was just me taking corners too fast Tyres started to come loose about two thirds of the way in whilst I was second and catching first, things got really bad by the end, I didn't finish my last lap but was still second in my heat, with half my insirt hanging out.
Reglued my tyres and got the last bit of steering out of my transmitter, also needed to reduce ride height a lot, from the ride the crack setup of Ayr to a sensible low setup. The high chassis was causing some flips if I tried riding curbs which is normaly a non event. I got another lap in and tyres stayed on the rims, although had a couple of rear break outs from slightly detaching tyres. I got tangled up a couple of times with cars I was lapping and kept running wide on corners. Still got first in my heat, lapping all but one.
Third qualifier I went to CS 27's since the temperatures were up, again my car was flying, although my racing lines were not quite right, then half way through my negative motor wire unplugged itself from my speedo, I lost a lap as the marshal put it back in but after that I drove considerably better. Still finished second and was lying 3rd overall.
Final qualifier and lowered the front a bit more to get more steering, went out first and kept my lead the whole 5mins. It started to spit with rain half way through, causing a few slippy areas but my setup was neutral enough for it not to cause any big problems. I was getting into apex's more consistantly and even though it was a little cold for my CS27's I set my fastest time which took me to second in the A final. Pole was a few seconds ahead of me and I had a three seconds gap to third, where there were about four cars within four seconds of each other, third and fourth had identicle times

People kept asking me why my car was so balistic all day I was the fastest 19turn there, the guy ahead of me was just running perfect laps constantly. I was setting times that would of placed me well into the B final, fast 12T guys were on 18laps, one guy crept into 19, I was on a fast 17 and the guy ahead of my just squeezed in another lap on his last run, which was dry unlike mine

Well I was kinda nervous after doing so well, I normaly mess up either qualifying or the final, I decided to change spur since the one in had a little bit of a mashed section, not much but not worth risking. I had the mesh set too tight for two runs.
Well I got off the line a little poorly, the race director said lets go just after the count down finished and before the final beep came, which put me off badly. I was fourth by the first corner but the cars power and a nice driving line by me in the chicane took me back to second. I was able to keep up with first and got very close to the back of him in the first five laps. Not close enough to overtake though and soon I set into a comfortable pace as he eeked out a few seconds lead. We then both started lapping cars and I had to get out of my driving line in one corner, avoiding an erratic line of another car, lost a couple second in the end as I still had to pass them further around the track. I still had one of my most consistant races and had a safe second place by the end of the race.
I am well chuffed should hopefully do well for the rest of the season. I had to fill in my details after tha racing had finished for a results page. I saw the guy ahead of me had a sponser and the guy behind me had three five weeks until I can kick some more booty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.