Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3racing realistic brake disk, Anyone ever try them out? >

3racing realistic brake disk, Anyone ever try them out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3racing realistic brake disk, Anyone ever try them out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 3racing realistic brake disk, Anyone ever try them out?

hey whats up guys, i havent been active on this forum much but just recently picked up an HPI pro 4 and making it into my drifter/racer. I want to get a set of these 3racing realistic brake disk but i was just curious if anyone has any experience with them and also, would they fit my car? Will i need to modify anything to make the caliper fit?

3racing realistic brake disk, Anyone ever try them out?-3racing.jpg

please let me know. also, if anyone knows of any other company offering something similar?

please PM or post if you have any info, thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

bump
Old 04-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Rookie

c'mon guys! i'm sure someone has experience/knowlege about this item. Can someone chime in for a quick minute?
Old 04-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by microRS415
c'mon guys! i'm sure someone has experience/knowlege about this item. Can someone chime in for a quick minute?
Not too many racers are adding things to the car that don't make it faster or stronger. Not sure about the drifters. Perhaps post this on the drifting thread?
Old 04-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have never used these either but it looks like it switches you to a smaller outer bearing diameter and uses the space to mount a piece to hold the "caliper".

http://os.3racing.hk/articles.php?articles_key=111
Old 04-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks guys! didnt know there was a drift section...still feel like a noob to the site. thanks
Old 04-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I actually just received these to put on a concourse car I'm working on.

They look really nice but they don't fit on the Tamiya wheels I purchased to go with them. Basically there is a clearance issue where the inner spokes of the wheel not only hit the rotor but the calipers as well.

You would need a very "open" inner wheel structure to make these work and I'm not sure which wheels would meet that requirement.

I'm probably going to dremel away some of the interior wheel just enough to clear everything. Hopefully this doesn't undermine the structural integrity of the wheel too much.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The sliders over on hyperdrift.com and csjunkies.com can help. Lots of good drifting info over there!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by soulstice
I actually just received these to put on a concourse car I'm working on.

They look really nice but they don't fit on the Tamiya wheels I purchased to go with them. Basically there is a clearance issue where the inner spokes of the wheel not only hit the rotor but the calipers as well.

You would need a very "open" inner wheel structure to make these work and I'm not sure which wheels would meet that requirement.

I'm probably going to dremel away some of the interior wheel just enough to clear everything. Hopefully this doesn't undermine the structural integrity of the wheel too much.
so even the rotor alone will hit the spokes? would you be able to provide pics of your build? and what car is it going on?
Old 04-15-2011, 02:08 AM
Tech Champion

I'm not familiar with either the brake disc or pro 4, but would it possible to put a 1mm shim/washer between the wheel hex and the wheel to space it out, preventing the rotor from hitting the wheel internally?

I guess it depends how much clearance you need.