Search

i give up! i'm buying one!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

a quote is a quote who really cares wether or not its in a cute little box
Old 09-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

wow very impresive guys someone gets on here looking for help and you guys are rude to him more than you helped. I am so glad that we have people who are so mature to rip a guy apart for asking for a little help sure he sounded a little frustrated but we have all been there
Old 09-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by utracer
wow very impresive guys someone gets on here looking for help and you guys are rude to him more than you helped. I am so glad that we have people who are so mature to rip a guy apart for asking for a little help sure he sounded a little frustrated but we have all been there
true, but he was forewarned of what was involved and what he would need.. and now he is whining about it..

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...threadid=46594
Old 09-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

lol he's pulling out the evidence!
yea i know what was involed and i'm not saying i dident know what i was in store for. i just never knew that both of my lhs dident cut comms while you wait like most lhs do, the first hobby shop i went to dident even have a lathe and the second one was the one i described in the first post! yea i'm gonna buy a lathe but right now my wallet is a little dry so i need to save up for one. but in the mean time i have to drive out to to the guy and drop off my comm..... its just a pain! all of you would think that if you were in my shoes, i have been involved in alot of hobbies in my past and this, not only is my favorite but its one of the cheaper ones, i was spending 50$ a week on a box of paintballs and co2 when i was into paintball and with this hobby its not nearly that much. but if i would have known I (newbie) was going to get my ass chewed out for posting a question i would have never done it!!!

but thanks to utracer,=MisFitz= NuKe,JDXray,rto997,wyd, for acting thier age!
and i'm sure i'm gonna get ripped for something i said in this post but so be it...
Old 09-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Yer go easy!
this guy was just stating that he was going to buy a lathe and wanted to know what to get. I know he made it sound abit like a dig at his LHS but no need to jump on him like that.
I know you guys where just sticking up for your own opinion but surely it can be done in a less abuse manner.

Come on guys no need to slag each other off over something so stupid
Old 09-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

i expained to my lhs that if they had a com lathe most people who com for a cut will usualy spend more money whilst they are there (i know i do).they now have a lathe.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kh15
but right now my wallet is a little dry so i need to save up for one. but in the mean time i have to drive out to to the guy and drop off my comm..... its just a pain! all of you would think that if you were in my shoes
Actually your about to get ripped right now ....Gotta give you credit though, you stay calm and are mentally prepared

My "wallet" is always dry bro (I don't even have a wallet) I live in the ghetto part of town where people live for one of two reasons A) Cause their stupid with their money or B) Cause they're effing poor! I'm effing poor!

Atleast you can drive...I'm still underage so if I had to do that I'd involve an extra $2.50 for Transit passes and a lot of walking.

You don't have to risk mis-cutting your comm and getting screwed. If he eff's it up...its on his head...Its like insurance

I do know what is like in your shoes....Its okay...Back on topic:

Go on Ebay if you don't mind something second hand. Were I got my lathe & car.....and electronics

Not blasting you....you seem like one of the nicer people on here anyway You just have to have it bad to one-up me
Old 09-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

I wouldn't recommend buying a lathe used. Save your pennies and buy new.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cardboard
I wouldn't recommend buying a lathe used. Save your pennies and buy new.
Why not, buy off a retiring racer or something so you can go and see it working etc. Thats what i did, picked up the hudy and a spare diamond bit for £150, when that new would be about £290 here.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Until you get your lathe you can always pick up a spare armso that when you take one out to be cut you just slip another in......viola no missed racedays!!!!
Old 09-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

BTW: I second the thought on second hand lathes.... avoid ebay, if you can find a respectable racer that you personally know then go ahead and buy it...... but there is no guarantee on produces off of ebay..... if the V-blocks are worn too badly it will cost almost as much as one of integy's lathes.....
Old 09-11-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kh15
a quote is a quote who really cares wether or not its in a cute little box
I care so next time put it in a "cute little box" ok
Old 09-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by utracer
You are right. You guys are so rude to treat a guy like that who was just asking a question. Tc3 pro grow up.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

to: FW05r "I care so next time put it in a "cute little box" ok"

but anyway i think this thread is back on track, thank god and yea i think i'm gonna get the integy x-mod sp lathe its 139 but i comes with every thing i need to get started!
Old 09-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

ooo i think i got to get one know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.