Wiki Posts
Search

tamiya m06 is it any good

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tamiya m06 is it any good

well i did mini for a short while and its cool. But i want back in it and want to know if the m06 is a good car or not. I know that its rear wheel drive witch didnt work well with the m04. So anyone please feel free to chip in thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mechanicpunk
well i did mini for a short while and its cool. But i want back in it and want to know if the m06 is a good car or not. I know that its rear wheel drive witch didnt work well with the m04. So anyone please feel free to chip in thanks
I love my M06, it's a great car so far. I race it on carpet and find it to be very fast and it competes quite well with the FWD minis, it doesn't bump and bang with em tho. So if that's the kind of racing you do might stick with the M03 or M05. Also the biggest reason the M04 flopped was the bastard gearbox...
Old 04-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mechanicpunk
For a hi grip track, you should be okay. For most other tracks, stick with the M03. For the mid to low grip tracks the M06 is only for the real experts.

Originally Posted by trerc
I love my M06, it's a great car so far. I race it on carpet and find it to be very fast and it competes quite well with the FWD minis, it doesn't bump and bang with em tho. So if that's the kind of racing you do might stick with the M03 or M05. Also the biggest reason the M04 flopped was the bastard gearbox...
I thought the problem with the M04 was the rear geometry----like more toe in on one side than the other among other things. Even those on a hi grip track, could be deadly.