Asking for help; Trinity D5 with GT7 stalling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asking for help; Trinity D5 with GT7 stalling

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

thats funny both of you have gt7's and recently i have heard in some other website forums that people are havin problems with their gt7's like they shut down, don't turn on ( i think the guy was a bit out of whack) and shorting out in the circuitry. i think that novak have also released apart from the gtx a remanufactured gt7.
azza
Old 09-10-2004, 07:16 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In what kind of environtment are you running the motor? When it's really hot outside, you'll be better off running traditional "standup" brushes. P94 brushes hate heat. Two weeks ago I ran in the south of France, and it was very hot. I couldn't even get my motor to work well for longer than 3 minutes, and than it would just die on me!

Other than that, I haven't been able to get more than a few runs out of the high silver content trinity p94 brush. Try the Epic P94 brush by Trinity. It's the best in the P94 lineup.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

I have the old version of the GT7 but the problems occured in very cold conditions (indoor track this winter, around 10°C....)
Old 09-10-2004, 10:16 AM
mxs
Tech Adept

I am running it in Xray T1 Mini 1/12 scale using 93T spur and 22 pinion. The motor gets barely warm. I live in Toronto Canada so excessive outside heat is not a factor, especially this summer.

I wouldn't think that the culprit is my GT7 since it runs fine with 27T stock motor(It's just so slooooooow). If only I had more mod motors I could do some troubleshooting, but unfortunately I don't. I will try to experiment with some other brushes probably, maybe take the shottky off and test it without it.

Could the fact that my brushes are double shunt be a factor? I've read in some other thread that some people recommend to cut off one shunt as it could lead to improper pressure of the brush on the com.

It's very frustrating especially when you are excited to start your electric r/c. I am wondering whether I will stay nitro-only guy. No, no way I am going to give up that soon. I guess I could just get a new mod and change everything, but that's not the point, plus I am not willing open up my wallet that much.

Thanks guys again
Old 09-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I wouldn't suggest taking the schottky off. One thing you may want to be carefull that I've seen a lot of new electric guys do, when you're soldering the brushes, make sure the solder is not wicking up the shunt. This can keep the brush from being able to slide all the way into the brush hood as the length of the brush is decreased. How's the comm wear when it does the "stalling"
Old 09-10-2004, 12:35 PM
mxs
Tech Adept

That's a good point and I will check it later on.

Thanks