Novak VS Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for your info.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mr4-tc sp
Refer to the fly back current circult, I think the basic circult design is the same. But G-10 is able to handle 32A current where G-10 pro is able to handle 64A. Tekin replies that when G-10 pro was designated, the lowest turn of motor is 10. So the fly back current handling circult is limited to 10T. With lower turn, another diode should be mounted in the motor to share the load.

For others, G-10 and pro have the following different:

1. Circult layout and component: G-10 pro seems to be more complicated but better circult layout. Better component such as slim size cap and resistent. All the component are surface mount and high grade.

2. G-10 uses total 6 traditional type large Fets with trimed on its heat sink. But G-10 pro has used 20 IRF7413 small Fets instead. I suppose the driver would be different.

3. G-10 pro has a 5 pin data port on the top of the ESC which is suppose to be used for some add-on feature.

4. Rumor said G-10 pro has a better/more efficient software on the speedo. The newest software make it more stable and efficient with some bugs fixed. G-10 pro+ has revised and improve a little bit on this area.

Thats all I know!
Great info!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

One more info! With new fet, G-10 pro has around 0.0004ohm on-resistent. According to the spec, they offer around 184 continous drive current limit (14 fets for forward and 6 fets for brake).