Originally posted by SCIDA
Hey Greg are you still using the "Wheel"?
How did you get that scar on your arm?
What are you going to do for work when you get out of school?
Are you racing 1/12 at the Worlds? If so what car?
What was your first big win? What was your Biggest win to date?
What was the BEST drive you EVER put in whether you won or not?
Do you still roll up your skin tight denim shorts?
What bodies are you taking to the World's?
You are the only person to really go after and beat Hara lately. Does that give you more confidence going into the Worlds? Knowing you will have to go through him to win.
Will you name one driver from from each competing car company that is going to be your BIGGEST threat at teh WORLDS?
Just a couple of things to let people to get to know you better.
1) Yes I am still using my SCIDA blue wheel. I have been a tenth of a second a lap faster since putting it on.
2) The scar on my arm.........hmmmmm........let me think...........ahhhhhhh............hmmmmm........ ......that is a long story.....too long for this forum.
3) I am going to be working at Peak after school until something else comes up. Not going to rush into anything too fast. I am really enjoying myself right now.
4)No. I am not racing 1/12th scale at the worlds. Just focusing on the Touring Car.
5)My first big win was when I won the 1995 Reedy Off Road Race of Champions Invational Class. That was back when all of the European guys came over along with all the fast guys from Japan like Masami and Adachi. It was 2wd and 4wd. That was a magical weekend. I won 9 races out of 12 and finished 2nd in the other three. I have won other races like the Cactus Classic and a handfull of Nationals but the 1995 Reedy Race remains my biggest win and the one that I am most proud of.
6) The best drive that I ever put in was done at the Mod Nats in Butler PA. It was the first round of qualifying the morning after a big storm came through. The track was muddy and as slippery as ice. I TQd the first round by 9 seconds which, at the time felt really good but I knew as the track dried out, that time would not be good enough for the main. In the last round of qualifying I was on a TQ run on a track that was now completely blue grooved and hooked up when my car flipped out of nowhere on a dirt chunk that broke out of the track. The marshall didn't see my car and it was a dissaster. As I was walking off of the stand I knew that run was not fast enough to make the main but when the announcer was calling out the top ten, to my surprise he called me out in the tenth and final A main position. I couldn't believe it, I went over to the time sheet to look at my time and noticed that the run that put me tenth in the main was the first round time that I set when the track was a sloppy and slippery mess. Aside from that time, the top 26 times came from the last round of that race. That is why that first round drive is my best drive ever. I worked my way up in the mains and eventually finished a hard fought 4th overall.......
7) No I do not still roll up my skin tight denim shorts. I don't even have them anymore. My doctor warned me that prolonged wearing of tight denim shorts could hurt my chances of ever having kids if I decided to have them some day. Plus, it is not very cool to be walking around with a Man Toe. If you know what I mean.
8) I will probably just stick with the Losi Alpha unless something else is outta control dialed.
9) Yeah. I know I am the only (American) to beat Hara lately. Don't mean that in a bad way, but hey, you asked. I have raced him 3 times this year and beat him two out of the 3. The Reedy Race was kinda hollow due to the fact that I didn't ever race him. When I beat him flat out at the KO Popo Grand Prix, that made my result at the Reedy Race a little more satisfying. I knew it wasn't a fluke. At the On Road Nationals he was on a pace all of his own and I was nowhere to be found due to some issues. It was his weekend totally. I definitely have a ton of confidence going into the Worlds but Hara is just one of many incredibly talented and fast drivers that everyone will have to deal with.
10)HPI - Hara.....Tamiya - Marc Rheinhard.....Losi - Spashett.....Schumacher - Teemu Leinu.....Yokomo - Masami......Corally - Tossolini.....Associated - Mike Blackstock
Hope I didn't forget anyone and I hope this isn't too drawn out and boring.