Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbywing ESC Settings ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

I was wondering when he would bite.

Didn't want to spoil the joke but nearly did with the amount of guys it hooked.

So can you send me a link Cherry?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for your great work , Cherry. It's really a very good resource for all hobbywing users.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
No you muppet check the date !!!
the date, today is 0405 ? what's wrong, it's out right ?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

No you muppet check the date !!!
You know Cherry, the point of April Fools is that you make the joke on the 1st April, and you reveal it at midday.

Making the joke a few days later and then taking the p*ss out of someone who didn't get it makes a fool of you.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Brothers,

I'd like to correct a mis-understanding for the boost and turbo timing.

In program 110119, Cherry's thinking is correct. The turbo timing will be added after the full throttle + delay time, even the boost timing is not added up.

But in the newest program 110211 , the turbo timing will be added after the full throttle + delay time AND + the remaining seconds of boost used up if exists (this is to say, turbo function activation must meet the requirement "ALL BOOST TIMING USED UP")
Since in most situations, boost timing will used up very quickly, so only very little drivers will feel the difference.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
You know Cherry, the point of April Fools is that you make the joke on the 1st April, and you reveal it at midday.

Making the joke a few days later and then taking the p*ss out of someone who didn't get it makes a fool of you.
Go away sosidge, you bought a speedo yet?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Go away sosidge, you bought a speedo yet?
Yes thanks, had Hobbywing tech in my car for 18 months. Very happy with my 10 month old software too.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sizheng
Brothers,

In program 110119, Cherry's thinking is correct. The turbo timing will be added after the full throttle + delay time, even the boost timing is not added up.

But in the newest program 110211 , the turbo timing will be added after the full throttle + delay time AND + the remaining seconds of boost used up if exists (this is to say, turbo function activation must meet the requirement "ALL BOOST TIMING USED UP")
Since in most situations, boost timing will used up very quickly, so only very little drivers will feel the difference.
hi sizheng... i think u are very familiar with xerun 10.5t motor...
since it designed non-adjustable timing... any potential it quicker than any adjustable timing motor with all timing opened... fyi, i tested already on my last race at medium technical track seem ok to me with fdr 7.4 (seriously i was impressed with the speed)... any suggestion on big semi technical track with straight 200ft/62m...?

thanc for reply...
Old 04-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Great the the muck has started to fly on this thread also.
To be honest sosidge irgo has been going on and on about the RPM log for so long and won't get any hints to stop so he deserves all he gets in my opinion. Come on you must be getting feed up with it to.

Oh also I am not a new member just winding up this is my second account as wanted to change my name.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sizheng
Brothers,

So in effect, the settings Cherry has posted (and this is not ment as dig) replicates teh 211... using a long turbo delay to stop the turbo kicking in. even with a shorter delay, on the 0211 software, the turbo won't kick in until all the boost is added (plus other requirements).

In reference to the sweeper Cherry mentions, the turbo won't kick in until all the boost is added, regardless of the delay?

Just trying to understand the settings a bit more

Ed
Old 04-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
So in effect, the settings Cherry has posted (and this is not ment as dig) replicates teh 211... using a long turbo delay to stop the turbo kicking in. even with a shorter delay, on the 0211 software, the turbo won't kick in until all the boost is added (plus other requirements).

In reference to the sweeper Cherry mentions, the turbo won't kick in until all the boost is added, regardless of the delay?

Just trying to understand the settings a bit more

Ed
Well..... I was as surprised as you to read the changes made to 211 from 119. Am going back for ANOTHER day at Brooklands tomorrow and will try the following settings to start with....

34 Boost
30 Turbo
30 Slope
delay OFF
ACC 750
Start RPM 3000

Hopefully this will show some actual TURBO function down the straight

Using 213

For future reference it may be useful for the Factory to include a change log with each firmware update to tell everybody what has actually changed within the programming.

With the settings I was using though, not to refute the earlier comments, it did seem as if the TURBO came in part way down the straight, then the acceleration slowed as if it was reverting back to boost. Just an idea, how sure are we on what has been changed?

Originally Posted by Monkeys punk
Great the the muck has started to fly on this thread also.
To be honest sosidge irgo has been going on and on about the RPM log for so long and won't get any hints to stop so he deserves all he gets in my opinion. Come on you must be getting feed up with it to.

Oh also I am not a new member just winding up this is my second account as wanted to change my name.
Hey Irgo was only pulling your leg, the whole RPM thing is getting a bit old now you have to admit it

Oh and just for a giggle here is my Bench test ESC

Last edited by cherry2blost; 04-05-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well..... I was as surprised as you to read the changes made to 211 from 119. Am going back for ANOTHER day at Brooklands tomorrow and will try the following settings to start with....

34 Boost
30 Turbo
30 Slope
delay OFF
ACC 750
Start RPM 3000

Hopefully this will show some actual TURBO function down the straight

Using 213

For future reference it may be useful for the Factory to include a change log with each firmware update to tell everybody what has actually changed within the programming.

With the settings I was using though, not to refute the earlier comments, it did seem as if the TURBO came in part way down the straight, then the acceleration slowed as if it was reverting back to boost. Just an idea, how sure are we on what has been changed?
Hi Cherry,

I don't doubt you were feeling a turbo kick... it's possible that even halfway down the straight, not all the boost had been applied (by my rough estimate, car would need to be doing 35odd mph before the full level of boost had been applied), so the turbo conditions were met, hence the kick for the remaining timing was added. At least, thats my theory

The advantage I'm seeing at the moment, is that there is two ways to get full boost advance (smoothly, setting boost to 64, and never hitting full throttle), or using a combination of boost and turbo.

Ed
Old 04-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Hi there.

What are the recommended settings when used in a drift car , 13.5T ??

A change in plan means I wont be racing with the Xerun (racing too many classes), so I thought I could use it in the drift car instead.
Thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Using 213

[/IMG]
This is my biggest gripe!!!!!! HW should never release an update without explaining what has changed. You can waste an entire day at the track trying to just get your car back up to speed with a firmware update.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tire Chunker
This is my biggest gripe!!!!!! HW should never release an update without explaining what has changed. You can waste an entire day at the track trying to just get your car back up to speed with a firmware update.
+2

Each time new firmware is released it comes with some marketing crap about smoother/cooler etc, but nothing to tell us what has actually changed. Then there's usually some more unreliable posts from the sort of people who claim timing doesn't actually exist. Then if we're lucky sizheng posts something accurate, since he's the only one who actually understands the software.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.