R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 AM   #61
Tech Regular
 
darrenoakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dorset UK
Posts: 266
Default

I was wondering when he would bite.

Didn't want to spoil the joke but nearly did with the amount of guys it hooked.

So can you send me a link Cherry?
__________________
Xray x11
Xray T3 011
darrenoakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:14 AM   #62
Tech Apprentice
 
sizheng's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 98
Default

Thanks for your great work , Cherry. It's really a very good resource for all hobbywing users.
__________________
TEAMHOBBYWING CHINA
sizheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #63
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
No you muppet check the date !!!
the date, today is 0405 ? what's wrong, it's out right ?
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:23 AM   #64
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
No you muppet check the date !!!
You know Cherry, the point of April Fools is that you make the joke on the 1st April, and you reveal it at midday.

Making the joke a few days later and then taking the p*ss out of someone who didn't get it makes a fool of you.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #65
Tech Apprentice
 
sizheng's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 98
Default

Brothers,

I'd like to correct a mis-understanding for the boost and turbo timing.

In program 110119, Cherry's thinking is correct. The turbo timing will be added after the full throttle + delay time, even the boost timing is not added up.

But in the newest program 110211 , the turbo timing will be added after the full throttle + delay time AND + the remaining seconds of boost used up if exists (this is to say, turbo function activation must meet the requirement "ALL BOOST TIMING USED UP")
Since in most situations, boost timing will used up very quickly, so only very little drivers will feel the difference.
__________________
TEAMHOBBYWING CHINA
sizheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:35 AM   #66
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
You know Cherry, the point of April Fools is that you make the joke on the 1st April, and you reveal it at midday.

Making the joke a few days later and then taking the p*ss out of someone who didn't get it makes a fool of you.
Go away sosidge, you bought a speedo yet?
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 AM   #67
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Go away sosidge, you bought a speedo yet?
Yes thanks, had Hobbywing tech in my car for 18 months. Very happy with my 10 month old software too.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #68
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Brothers,

I'd like to correct a mis-understanding for the boost and turbo timing.

In program 110119, Cherry's thinking is correct. The turbo timing will be added after the full throttle + delay time, even the boost timing is not added up.

But in the newest program 110211 , the turbo timing will be added after the full throttle + delay time AND + the remaining seconds of boost used up if exists (this is to say, turbo function activation must meet the requirement "ALL BOOST TIMING USED UP")
Since in most situations, boost timing will used up very quickly, so only very little drivers will feel the difference.
hi sizheng... i think u are very familiar with xerun 10.5t motor...
since it designed non-adjustable timing... any potential it quicker than any adjustable timing motor with all timing opened... fyi, i tested already on my last race at medium technical track seem ok to me with fdr 7.4 (seriously i was impressed with the speed)... any suggestion on big semi technical track with straight 200ft/62m...?

thanc for reply...
zamrioo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #69
Tech Adept
 
Monkeys punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 142
Default

Great the the muck has started to fly on this thread also.
To be honest sosidge irgo has been going on and on about the RPM log for so long and won't get any hints to stop so he deserves all he gets in my opinion. Come on you must be getting feed up with it to.

Oh also I am not a new member just winding up this is my second account as wanted to change my name.
Monkeys punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #70
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,234
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Brothers,

I'd like to correct a mis-understanding for the boost and turbo timing.

In program 110119, Cherry's thinking is correct. The turbo timing will be added after the full throttle + delay time, even the boost timing is not added up.

But in the newest program 110211 , the turbo timing will be added after the full throttle + delay time AND + the remaining seconds of boost used up if exists (this is to say, turbo function activation must meet the requirement "ALL BOOST TIMING USED UP")
Since in most situations, boost timing will used up very quickly, so only very little drivers will feel the difference.
So in effect, the settings Cherry has posted (and this is not ment as dig) replicates teh 211... using a long turbo delay to stop the turbo kicking in. even with a shorter delay, on the 0211 software, the turbo won't kick in until all the boost is added (plus other requirements).

In reference to the sweeper Cherry mentions, the turbo won't kick in until all the boost is added, regardless of the delay?

Just trying to understand the settings a bit more

Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #71
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
So in effect, the settings Cherry has posted (and this is not ment as dig) replicates teh 211... using a long turbo delay to stop the turbo kicking in. even with a shorter delay, on the 0211 software, the turbo won't kick in until all the boost is added (plus other requirements).

In reference to the sweeper Cherry mentions, the turbo won't kick in until all the boost is added, regardless of the delay?

Just trying to understand the settings a bit more

Ed
Well..... I was as surprised as you to read the changes made to 211 from 119. Am going back for ANOTHER day at Brooklands tomorrow and will try the following settings to start with....

34 Boost
30 Turbo
30 Slope
delay OFF
ACC 750
Start RPM 3000

Hopefully this will show some actual TURBO function down the straight

Using 213

For future reference it may be useful for the Factory to include a change log with each firmware update to tell everybody what has actually changed within the programming.

With the settings I was using though, not to refute the earlier comments, it did seem as if the TURBO came in part way down the straight, then the acceleration slowed as if it was reverting back to boost. Just an idea, how sure are we on what has been changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeys punk View Post
Great the the muck has started to fly on this thread also.
To be honest sosidge irgo has been going on and on about the RPM log for so long and won't get any hints to stop so he deserves all he gets in my opinion. Come on you must be getting feed up with it to.

Oh also I am not a new member just winding up this is my second account as wanted to change my name.
Hey Irgo was only pulling your leg, the whole RPM thing is getting a bit old now you have to admit it

Oh and just for a giggle here is my Bench test ESC
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.

Last edited by cherry2blost; 04-05-2011 at 03:41 PM.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #72
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,234
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Well..... I was as surprised as you to read the changes made to 211 from 119. Am going back for ANOTHER day at Brooklands tomorrow and will try the following settings to start with....

34 Boost
30 Turbo
30 Slope
delay OFF
ACC 750
Start RPM 3000

Hopefully this will show some actual TURBO function down the straight

Using 213

For future reference it may be useful for the Factory to include a change log with each firmware update to tell everybody what has actually changed within the programming.

With the settings I was using though, not to refute the earlier comments, it did seem as if the TURBO came in part way down the straight, then the acceleration slowed as if it was reverting back to boost. Just an idea, how sure are we on what has been changed?
Hi Cherry,

I don't doubt you were feeling a turbo kick... it's possible that even halfway down the straight, not all the boost had been applied (by my rough estimate, car would need to be doing 35odd mph before the full level of boost had been applied), so the turbo conditions were met, hence the kick for the remaining timing was added. At least, thats my theory

The advantage I'm seeing at the moment, is that there is two ways to get full boost advance (smoothly, setting boost to 64, and never hitting full throttle), or using a combination of boost and turbo.

Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #73
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NZ
Posts: 676
Default

Hi there.

What are the recommended settings when used in a drift car , 13.5T ??

A change in plan means I wont be racing with the Xerun (racing too many classes), so I thought I could use it in the drift car instead.
Thanks
1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #74
Tech Master
 
Tire Chunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post

Using 213

For future reference it may be useful for the Factory to include a change log with each firmware update to tell everybody what has actually changed within the programming.





[/IMG]
This is my biggest gripe!!!!!! HW should never release an update without explaining what has changed. You can waste an entire day at the track trying to just get your car back up to speed with a firmware update.
Tire Chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:55 AM   #75
Tech Fanatic
 
daleburr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire Chunker View Post
This is my biggest gripe!!!!!! HW should never release an update without explaining what has changed. You can waste an entire day at the track trying to just get your car back up to speed with a firmware update.
+2

Each time new firmware is released it comes with some marketing crap about smoother/cooler etc, but nothing to tell us what has actually changed. Then there's usually some more unreliable posts from the sort of people who claim timing doesn't actually exist. Then if we're lucky sizheng posts something accurate, since he's the only one who actually understands the software.
__________________
Team Xray
RC-Timing Software - http://www.rc-timing.com
Mercedes AMG F1 - http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com/
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE COBRARACING Radio and Electronics 12530 Today 08:09 AM
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 05:57 AM
Hobbywing ESC's Drift_Buggy Radio and Electronics 827 03-30-2016 10:43 PM
Help with hobbywing ESC setup RCveteran Radio and Electronics 19 01-15-2011 04:36 PM


Tags
esc, firmware, hobbywing, settings, xtreme


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:15 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net