R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #286
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Josh: a v3.1? the only times I have seen this it was going bad. For some reason sometimes they die slowly and start working less and less once one of the FETS goes
Old 10-22-2014, 06:55 PM   #287
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Josh: a v3.1? the only times I have seen this it was going bad. For some reason sometimes they die slowly and start working less and less once one of the FETS goes
Yeah thanks, I was talking to a few other people as well about it. Looks like its gotta go see the doctor.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #288
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just wandering, can you run a J Stock with a 1s and 13.5 motor for WGT.
waltss2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #289
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Yeah thanks, I was talking to a few other people as well about it. Looks like its gotta go see the doctor.
Josh,

Time for you to get a Hobbywing 1S ESC...

Bill
Old 12-05-2016, 01:48 AM   #290
Tech Rookie

anyone have any tips or advice on if its possible to improve the brakes on a HW 2.1 ESC

has the newer software with turbo and boost

running it with a HW 7.5 motor in a B6 buggy

TX is 100%, ESC is 100% but indoors on carpet full brake just about hauls it up at end of straight in maybe 5 yards, its really poor, I cant go in hot brake late like the others and get nice tight turn.

is this just a trait of HW esc, poor brakes??

sorry, admin pls delete, found this thread via google, but didnt realise it was onroad and very old, until I posted it
TonyCooperUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:20 AM   #291
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCooperUK View Post
anyone have any tips or advice on if its possible to improve the brakes on a HW 2.1 ESC

has the newer software with turbo and boost

running it with a HW 7.5 motor in a B6 buggy

TX is 100%, ESC is 100% but indoors on carpet full brake just about hauls it up at end of straight in maybe 5 yards, its really poor, I cant go in hot brake late like the others and get nice tight turn.

is this just a trait of HW esc, poor brakes??

sorry, admin pls delete, found this thread via google, but didnt realise it was onroad and very old, until I posted it
If i'm not remebering wrong, i think you need to turn up the initial brake setting. I think that is one solution on the 2.1 ESC.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #292
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Set the reverse to 100%,
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:17 PM   #293
Tech Rookie

Default V10 G2 5.5t v3 settings

I've moved on up from a Hobbywing V10 G2 13.5t to modified using a Hobbywing V10 G2 5.5t motor on HW V3 120A. I've used the Profile 1 (modify) to set ESC but overall it doesn't seem as fast as it should compared to the boosted/turboed 13.5t.

Are there any suggestions regarding if you can add boost etc to a 5.5t motor - some of the HW set up sheets have lots of boost which according to HW is not applicalbe to a 5.5t motor?

My current FDR is 6.9.

Also, is there any quick way to determine if the sensor cable is okay? I can't detect any change with or without the sensor cable plugged into the motor (start with it in, rev, etc - turn off power, remove sensor cable, rev etc = seems the same)
hotshotnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:11 AM   #294
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

XR10 Pro Optional Case
Attached Thumbnails
Hobbywing ESC Settings ONLY-hw-30850006.jpg   Hobbywing ESC Settings ONLY-hw-30850007.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:31 PM   #295
Tech Initiate

My wife got me a Hobbywing Justock Club Spec and the LCD programming box. Is this particular Hobbywing decent? I'll be racing 21.5 blinky at my local track. Any specific setup tips I should know about other than what I"ve read here? Thanks!
FloridaST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:38 PM   #296
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaST View Post
My wife got me a Hobbywing Justock Club Spec and the LCD programming box. Is this particular Hobbywing decent? I'll be racing 21.5 blinky at my local track. Any specific setup tips I should know about other than what I"ve read here? Thanks!
Should be great. Just check to make sure you have the drag break setting to what you want. I think the default might have some drag break in it, and if you don't want any, you will have to change that setting.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:23 PM   #297
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
Should be great. Just check to make sure you have the drag break setting to what you want. I think the default might have some drag break in it, and if you don't want any, you will have to change that setting.
Thanks I'll check that. It's my first brushless setup so I'm learning as I go.
FloridaST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #298
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK brand new XR10 PRO 1S can't get it to set. the green light blinks when I turn it on and it's not reading neutral I would assume? turn on holding the button I get nothing. onlty way to turn off is unplug button unresponsive. any ideas? or is there a better thread to ask this?
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #299
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Try reversing the throttle. Mine did the same thing when I got it in the mail. I even had to use my wifi express to flash it again before it started working. Haven't had a problem since. This was on the xr10 pro.
Randleman Offroad RC Driver #1
Triton Engines | Mugen Seiki Racing | Futaba | Fantom Racing
M2C Racing | Vision Racing Products | Nitro Pro Fuel | RC Pit Products
Jwilliams5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:45 AM   #300
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilliams5 View Post
Try reversing the throttle. Mine did the same thing when I got it in the mail. I even had to use my wifi express to flash it again before it started working. Haven't had a problem since. This was on the xr10 pro.
hmm didn't fix it. back to the drawing board..
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote