R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #196
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmickid View Post
As per my post in the Hobbywing software thread, in case someone knows on here.....

Could someone tell me how I upload the V1.64 firmware file .rar to the programming box once I've downloaded it to my computer? Im not very computer literate and have no idea how to do this?


Ive opened the software gone to HELP>UPDATE and it says "update is unecessary! It is already the latest version"

HElp??
OKay. That Update feature is only to look for a new version of the windows software. V1.64 is the version you already have.

The first thing you need to do is update your LCD Programmer. (2in1). Plug the 2in1 into your computer and select 2in1 Program box. You should see a message on the LCD saying Connecting to PC And a tab with display beside the "About" tab inside the HW software window. You then need to select the most updated version of the 2in1 software. Click the Update Button, which will start the update of the 2in1. If it fails half way thru the upgrade dont worry. Just click upgrade again.

Once that is done, hook your car upto your LCD 2in1, and select "ESC Speedcontroller" under the device tab. Turn on the ESC (Which is connected to the 2in1 LCD Programmer, which is still connected to your PC). You will see a "software" tab appear (as well as the settings for the speedo) the last tab will have the firmware versions you can upload to your ESC. Select which ever version you would like (508, 930_stock, etc), and click upgrade. The program will send the data to your ESC. Again, if it craps out half way, just keep clicking the upgrade button until its sucessful.

Also, I always use a 7.4V Lipo when uploading the firmware. I dont think it makes a difference, but it makes me feal better. And I always upload the software twice.

Cherry2Blost once posted acouple of good videos to YouTube. You might want to take a look for those.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #197
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
OKay. That Update feature is only to look for a new version of the windows software. V1.64 is the version you already have.

The first thing you need to do is update your LCD Programmer. (2in1). Plug the 2in1 into your computer and select 2in1 Program box. You should see a message on the LCD saying Connecting to PC And a tab with display beside the "About" tab inside the HW software window. You then need to select the most updated version of the 2in1 software. Click the Update Button, which will start the update of the 2in1. If it fails half way thru the upgrade dont worry. Just click upgrade again.

Once that is done, hook your car upto your LCD 2in1, and select "ESC Speedcontroller" under the device tab. Turn on the ESC (Which is connected to the 2in1 LCD Programmer, which is still connected to your PC). You will see a "software" tab appear (as well as the settings for the speedo) the last tab will have the firmware versions you can upload to your ESC. Select which ever version you would like (508, 930_stock, etc), and click upgrade. The program will send the data to your ESC. Again, if it craps out half way, just keep clicking the upgrade button until its sucessful.

Also, I always use a 7.4V Lipo when uploading the firmware. I dont think it makes a difference, but it makes me feal better. And I always upload the software twice.

Cherry2Blost once posted acouple of good videos to YouTube. You might want to take a look for those.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Perfect Shawn. Thanks for your help... Worked a treat
kosmickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #198
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 194
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys

I've searched the forums so perhaps someone can please help me out here

Just bought the hw 120A SD, 2 in 1 programming card coupled with the tenshock sc411 4600kv.

I have the Durango desc410r short course truck, medium size indoor wet dirt track.

Can you guys help me with what software I should use for the program card and esc. In addition, what settings should I try out?

Thanks guys.
slater333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #199
Tech Adept
 
juki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 227
Default

does anyone have a problem HW esc can't go into calibration mode?i'm using HW xerun 60amps v2,1.tried everything but it doesn't worked
juki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #200
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juki View Post
does anyone have a problem HW esc can't go into calibration mode?i'm using HW xerun 60amps v2,1.tried everything but it doesn't worked
exactly what are you doing to calibrate it?

supposed to press and hold the red button... while holding the red button, turn the esc on and you should have a beeping sound... let go of red button.

press red button once for neutral. full throttle on transmitter, press red button. Full reverse on transmitter, press red button. and u r done.
sammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #201
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
Bring your DRRS up. 7-9. 4 Is alittle low, it controls your punch coming out of the corners. The more timing you run, the higher your FDR will need to be, as you will be counting on more revs. 13.5, I would run between a 6.3 to 6.8 FDR. Depends on the size of the track though.

Also, I didnt notice WHICH motor you are running, and how much mechanical timing you have on the motor.

If your temps are low, then I would add more boost to the equation. In theory, you will always want to use the most amount of ESC timing available. Right now you are only using 20 steps of the possible 64. So, bring that Boost up in steps of 10 and watch the temps. I like to keep my motors around 140, but it wont hurt them to go 180F.

If you notice your motor getting hot, then either remove some mechanical timing from your motor, or reduce your roll out (smaller pinion).

Hope that gets you started. I am currently swamped for time, so If I dont respond in a day or so, then send me a Pm.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Hi , many thanks for taking the time to answer me. I actually had not seen your answer and thought my questions remained unanswered and had disapeared in the depth of the forum.

For a starting point I followed the advice of a friend of mine who has fiddled a fair amount with this ESC. He told me to keep the motor at zero mechanical timing since it was kind of (I quote) " lying to the speedo". So my endbell is on the zero marking but I could'nt tell how many degrees that equates with, since it seems every motor on the market has some timing buit into it even at the zero notch. Anyway, I will follow your advice on ESC timing and go up in steps of 10 at a time.

My motor is a Orion 13,5. LIke I said my practice track is really small. The one I usually race on is a bit bigger. Let's suppose I find a nice setup at my practice track, what should I change in order to race the larger layout ? Just a higher rollout or other settings ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Acc: 200, Turbo Slope: 24, monitor temps though. Wow, that's near 0 timing/boost, is there a reason you're running it like that?
I'm not sure i'm following you. I think that is 0 Turbo... right ? if I misunderstood the way parameter work, please enlighten me ! Like I said I was told not to put any, because this would be pointlessly more complex to setup, and not any faster, on such a small track with a straight under 45 feet. But you seem to think I should add some regardless ? Again, not sure what you mean. Thanks still !
__________________
I love wedge bodies. I love dish wheels.
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #202
Tech Adept
 
juki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammies View Post
exactly what are you doing to calibrate it?

supposed to press and hold the red button... while holding the red button, turn the esc on and you should have a beeping sound... let go of red button.

press red button once for neutral. full throttle on transmitter, press red button. Full reverse on transmitter, press red button. and u r done.
i've just changed the tx into dx3r.doin exactly as the manual and you've said, no beeping sound and no changed on the light.
juki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:58 AM   #203
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: downunder
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juki View Post
i've just changed the tx into dx3r.doin exactly as the manual and you've said, no beeping sound and no changed on the light.
Had this problem with a DX3R when I changed radio.

It needed to have the radio recalibrated in the main menu.

Cant remember what section of the menu but there was figures that went positive when you moved the throttle forward and negative when you hit brake.
Once these end point figures (throttle and steering) where recalibrated everything was fine.
Check the radio manual.
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #204
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Has anyone got a set up for HW esc/Team Power 17.5T motor ?? in touring cars
i'm using HW xerun 60amps v2,1. carpet track, fairly tight infield, 35m straight.

We have been having problems with it cutting out when you go onto full throttle and then seems to have reset itself to a sorta blinky mode.

Runs absolutely fine with our HW 17.5T motor but we seem to be lacking a bit of punch compared to the others so tried the TP motor cos it has end bell timing

Been running it with FDR 6.5

Any help would be appreciated
Jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #205
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Land Down under
Posts: 78
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 21.5 TC settings

I won a big race meet with these settings, they might help someone.
It was really fast with good pull through the infield and accelerates all the way down the straight.

Speed Passion MMM 21.5 motor with timing set at middle setting about 15 degrees
FDR 4.23
Ver 930
4: level9
9: 12
10: 24
12: 30
13: 3000
14: off
15: 550

To start with I tried the fdr around 5 with higher boost and turbo but it just didnt pull low down. So I turned the turbo off and went up pinions until it pulled well for the first 10 meters then added turbo in for straight line speed until it started to get hot. I didnt measure temps but the motor had 2 tornado fans on it and it comes off very hot.
__________________
Eat more possum!
Lees52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #206
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 56
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Oops.. Previously posted in wrong thread..

Hi all,

I have 120A V2.1 with Speed Passion MMM 13.5, Xray T3, Sorex 36, not a particularly technical track, medium grip, 30m straight.

Looking for a decent if somewhat conservative ESC setup as im returning after a 5 year absence and dont need max speed.

Can anyone make a suggestion? Dont want to cook motors etc.. Running yeah racing twin fans if that helps?

Thanks guys.
Mike.
Mild7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #207
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mild7 View Post
Oops.. Previously posted in wrong thread..

Hi all,

I have 120A V2.1 with Speed Passion MMM 13.5, Xray T3, Sorex 36, not a particularly technical track, medium grip, 30m straight.

Looking for a decent if somewhat conservative ESC setup as im returning after a 5 year absence and dont need max speed.

Can anyone make a suggestion? Dont want to cook motors etc.. Running yeah racing twin fans if that helps?

Thanks guys.
Mike.
I replied in the other thread...
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #208
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 619
Default hobbywing 1s esc

new to electric rc just brought a crc ix pan car and a hw 1s esc and a program box running a 17.5 revtech motor revtech 6200 mah 70c 1s lipo looking for a good setup for the speed control untill i get the hang of the programming of the esc. i need a good starting point with esc setup,gearing and roll out
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #209
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
new to electric rc just brought a crc ix pan car and a hw 1s esc and a program box running a 17.5 revtech motor revtech 6200 mah 70c 1s lipo looking for a good setup for the speed control untill i get the hang of the programming of the esc. i need a good starting point with esc setup,gearing and roll out


Boost 50, Turbo 14. 100units/step, 1000Rpm Start. Fastest Turbo ramp, .1 Delay. 5% drag brake on tight tracks. Rollout 80-84mm.


If you are worried about temps, then turn the boost down to 35 or so, and approach in 5 unit increments.

Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:24 AM   #210
Tech Regular
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennings View Post
Has anyone got a set up for HW esc/Team Power 17.5T motor ?? in touring cars
i'm using HW xerun 60amps v2,1. carpet track, fairly tight infield, 35m straight.

We have been having problems with it cutting out when you go onto full throttle and then seems to have reset itself to a sorta blinky mode.

Runs absolutely fine with our HW 17.5T motor but we seem to be lacking a bit of punch compared to the others so tried the TP motor cos it has end bell timing

Been running it with FDR 6.5

Any help would be appreciated

1 - 1
2 - 1
3 - 4
4 - 9
5 - 87.5%
6 - 100%
7 - 0%
8 - 6%
9 - 41
10 - 12
11 - *1
12 - 16
13 - 4000
14 - 0.2sec
15 - 450

sound like sensor board order the version 2 and you should be sorted
__________________
Orca www.ChubbiesCarShack.co.uk TDX SMC RC Airbrush Fundecal
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE COBRARACING Radio and Electronics 12544 10-09-2017 09:03 AM
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 06:57 AM
Hobbywing ESC's Drift_Buggy Radio and Electronics 827 03-30-2016 11:43 PM
Help with hobbywing ESC setup RCveteran Radio and Electronics 19 01-15-2011 05:36 PM


Tags
esc, firmware, hobbywing, settings, xtreme


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net