Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Reedy TI With aliminium Endbell

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New Reedy TI With aliminium Endbell

Has anybody seen or heard about this motor??

I didnt think it would be long untill Reedy to come out with a motor to conquer the V2s if they can.

Anyway should be interesting and would be good to get peoples view on thse motors.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I only see one advantage to an aluminum endbell. It will act as a heat sink, especially for the brushes/com. Other than that, I don't see any other advantages for RC applications.

We have been using aluminumb endbells in high end slot car motors for over 15 years now. The slot industry had to make the change because the motors get so hot we were actually melting the endbells. At the time we were actualy using plastic that melted between 425-500 degrees!! RC motors dont get that hot.

It is also good that the slot industry has done the R&D on the best way to anodize and insulate the endbell. Remember that aluminum conducts and if the two brushes and the hardware aren't insulated then the motor becomes one big short circuit. That was a common problem with early alum slot endbells.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally posted by Scott Fisher
Remember that aluminum conducts and if the two brushes and the hardware aren't insulated then the motor becomes one big short circuit. That was a common problem with early alum slot endbells.
yup! you're right about that.. that problem might arise although we know that aluminum materials is a poor conductor of electricity but still electricity can pass through it. less amount of electricity may only pass through the other end...

Old 09-08-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

Like Scott said if the aluminium isn't insulated corrctly the whole entire endbell becomes a short circuit. (big problem with the V2 design which causes your speedo wires to come off!!)

The aluminium does act as a heat sink for a little bit, but once it is warm it traps too much heat. Another problem with the V2 is it traps in heat like a oven thats why the factory guys cut large holes and slots in their V2 endbells. And use HIGH TEMP solder on their wires!

But if the endbel as sufficent air flow through it the aluminum will work well.

Last edited by Andrew Swanson; 09-08-2004 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i though the V2 endbell might have a heat problem like that, looks like i will be giving my V2's the cnc treatment when i get them. i wonder if this will be legal (ifmar, roar etc)
Old 09-08-2004, 02:52 AM
Tech Elite

I've heard orion is having some problems with the solder on their arms melting and it is good for around 600*...(according to bj) I'd rather see an endbell that uses stand-up brushes at 45* and standard springs instead of an Alum endbell. The only time I've ever melted a composite endbell was when I shot 12v into a stock motor.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Andrew Swanson
like scott said if the aluminum isnt insulated corrctly you get lots of shorts (big problem with the V2 design which causes your speedo wires to come off!!)

Also the aluminum does act as a heat sink for a likttle bit but once its warm it traps too much heat. Another problem with the V2 is it traps in heat like a oven thats why the factory guys cut large holes and slots in their V2 endbells.

But if the endbel as sufficent air flow through it the aluminum will work well.
Really? I had no idea you are such an expert. Engineering degree? from where?

I have actually never had a wire come unsoldered, never used a fan, and use the stock endbell. No problems here. The 10,000+ customers who have bought one are pretty satisifed, as are the drivers who are winning about every big race worldwide.

You are simply not a very good driver, and have to blame something or someone other than yourself for your poor results.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

wow
Old 09-08-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rick Hohwart

I have actually never had a wire come unsoldered, never used a fan, and use the stock endbell. No problems here. The 10,000+ customers who have bought one are pretty satisifed, as are the drivers who are winning about every big race worldwide.

You are simply not a very good driver, and have to blame something or someone other than yourself for your poor results.
i agree 100%
Old 09-08-2004, 08:54 AM
The Evicerator

Wow!

I love the internet
Old 09-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

NICE!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the bass boat has a leak.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Pass the popcorn please...
Old 09-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does anyone have pic or info on the new Reedy Motor, as this is what the topic of the thread is.

But

The only problems I have had with the motor wires coming unsoldered, was because they were not soldered properly in the first place.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

I like my Kisbey Modifieds motors alot. They go real fast.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rick Hohwart

Forget a degree he probably doesnt even have a diploma.From the way he spells, looks as if driving isnt his only problem. See kids stay in school dont become a R/C drop out flunkie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.