Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC track near Estoril Potugal

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default RC track near Estoril Potugal

Is there any1 here that can tell me if there are any RC tracks near Estoril or Lisbon in Portugal.
I would also like to know if there are sites to these tracks.

Regards
Old 09-06-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi..
If you want on road tracks there are 2 near Lisbon/Estoril. One near Sintra (Called CRO - Clube radiomodelismo Oeiras) and the other near Lisbon in Monsanto (CRAP - Clube Radiomodelismo Automovel de Portugal). Here is the web site Track

Regards
Luis
Old 09-06-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

If you have your own transportation the track closer to you is at Algueirão (Sintra). However the pavement is very abrasive and very few racers go there.

It would be better to drive to Monsanto. Just take the motorway to LISBON and the Monsanto track is just at the entrace in lisbon coming from Estoril.

If you are going to be here the next weekend, send me a PM and I can give you detailed instructions how to get to both tracks.
A few guys (all electric racers) will at Monsanto track.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks,

Now all i have to do is learn Portugues

Would you also happen to know if one of these will be the venue for the Tamiya Euro's next year?

Regards
Roy
Old 09-06-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

I believe that people from Tamiya made a visit to the Sintra Track in order to evaluate that possibility.

http://www.crap-rc.com/outras/MapaInfo.jpg

This map is the location of the Monsanto track. Where you see Cascais is the direction of Estoril.

Bring you gear and join us this weekend (or any other for that matter). We will be there for sure.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by antoniop
I believe that people from Tamiya made a visit to the Sintra Track in order to evaluate that possibility.

This map is the location of the Monsanto track. Where you see Cascais is the direction of Estoril.

Bring you gear and join us this weekend (or any other for that matter). We will be there for sure.
I can't be there this weekend, but i'm sure i'll have to be in Lisbon for work in a few weeks time
If this happens, i'll drop you a mail and maybe you can show me around. I know for sure i'll bring my gear with me

Is the track only open during the weekends, or can one use during the week aswell?

Regards
Roy
Old 09-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by antoniop

Is there no site for the Sintra track?

Regards