Antenna Help

Old 03-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Questions?? Antenna Help

I read on one of the previous threads that it would be okay for me to take off the tube of the antenna and run it around in the chassis without problem. I tried this and made sure it wasnt touching itself. Before I put the top deck and the body back on I made sure it would work and it didnt. The steering was jittering all over the place (with the transmitter 2 ft away) and when I walked about 8 ft away the car started beeping to show there was no transmitter in range. So im stuck using the tube (which i dont overly mind, but having it hidden still looks cooler) This is on my Tamiya (in my avatar and signature)

Whatever you think would help I'll try
Old 03-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

gotta keep it straight im afraid, try putting it in the tube and laying it inside the car
Old 03-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is a solution to replace the antennae tube. It is made by BRP and you can purchase it from Tower Hobbies online: (http://www.brpracing.com/6977.html).

I use this product without any issue. However, I'm running a high end FM transmitter (Futaba 3PK) with either FM or PCM recievers. When I've tucked my antennae inside my body using a cheaper FM transmitter (Futaba 3PD), I've had some glitching issues at the far ends of the track. I've never tried tucking the antennae inside the body using AM transmitters.

Just make sure if you use something like the BRP hideaway antennae mount that you don't cross the antennae over itself. The picture on BRP's website give you a good idea how to wrap the antennae.

You can also make your own antennae mount out of scrap lexan. However I prefer to save my time and just buy the BRP one.

Hope this info helps.