Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rc on road

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default rc on road

heey everyone i am fairly new to rc onroads and i am looking to buy a fast onroad rc car but i dont know what is good and whats bad ?

any suggestions on what car i should get ? I want a fast durable car

thanks james
Old 03-18-2011, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

How fast the car will be depends on your driving and tuning skills.

All the top cars on the market at the moment have won internationally at the highest level. The rest is up to you but usually all the threads like this one (and there are gazillions) you have just opened end with the recommendation that you go to a club race where you want to compete and ask what is the car best supported locally.

Good luck and remember if you listen to the advice given by your fellow club members, you can't go wrong. The australian section of the forum has all the major clubs in NSW with their own thread, so you might not even have move off the couch to find the answer to your question.

Last edited by niznai; 03-18-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I second that. See what they are running at the club you are going to and decide which class you are going to run. After you have made that decision get in the "for sale" section and see what is available. Sometimes starting out its better to get something used that saves a little money till you decide if that is the class you really want to run. Good Luck!!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

ok thanks mate. i have been to acouple of races around here in sydney, and i started talking to a few of the guys and 2 of the guys i was speaking to told me to get hpi e10 is that model anygood ?

ohh and do they have junior races cause i am only 14 and after i get my car and practise abit i will race
thanks james
Old 03-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

James you will probably find that not many ppl at your local track race the E10. It best to see what the guys at your local track are using.. then u can get some help with setup where to get parts.. The cyclone TC/TCX which is also from HPI/Hotbodies is better for track racing then the E10 u mentioned but only if ppl at your track have it.. if ur the only one it will be hard.

Check the forsale section in the aussie thread u will find a used top level car for the same price as a new E10 which will have you more competitive and u might even find one with spares.

Good luck..
Old 03-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

ok thanks mate umm i didnt say they raced them but they told me to get it ?

and um yeeah i will look at the for sale section but this website is american i think and wouldnt it coast heaps to send over to australia ?

thanks james
Old 03-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamesdas
ok thanks mate umm i didnt say they raced them but they told me to get it ?

and um yeeah i will look at the for sale section but this website is american i think and wouldnt it coast heaps to send over to australia ?

thanks james
OK, James, think we all understand a little bit better your situation.

If you want to race, make sure you ask people who race and make sure you tell them you want to race that car. This way, you're making it clear what you're after.

Int he aussie section of the forum, there is a for sale section with aussie only sellers. Some might even live within walking distance to your house, but you only know if you ask.

At the moment, in Australia, there are not too many cars fully imported and supported.

Tamiya is ever so frustrating because its local importer, Yokomo is basically inexistent, Hotbodies (HPI) likewise (apart from low-grade toys such as the E10 you talk about) and so on.

Best support locally is Xray, which is carried or can be ordered everywhere (albeit reluctantly in some shops) and also has a network of dedicated racing shops (that only carry Xray and parts), not sure if that is the situation in NSW, but I am sure they will tell you.

Schumacher cars are coming back in force, I see them now fully supported by some shops in Victoria and WA, likewise, full racing support, perhaps it is worth asking in Sydney as well.

If you are happy to buy overseas, then the sky is the limit, but you need a credit/debit card and an account on Paypal, plus you need to know what you're buying, otherwise descriptions of stuff on sellers' websites are not always very clarifying.

There are others but I am not sure what it's like at your end of the country (I am on the opposite coast). Here, pretty much all else is conspicuously absent. You can't buy any of the TRF cars (I doubt they even get imported into Aus), or HB, or Corally (even though they have an importer and Aussie website), or Yokomo, etc.

This should not however be taken as an endorsement or invitation to buy any of the above. See the track you want to race on and ask there. That is the most important and helpful step you are ever going to take.

Good luck and have fun.

Last edited by niznai; 03-18-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

ok thanks mate i will go down to my local track soon in a couple of days and ask around.