Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/8 gtp2 foam tiers help >

1/8 gtp2 foam tiers help

1/8 gtp2 foam tiers help

Old 03-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 1/8 gtp2 foam tiers help

I need some info on tiers i have been having my gtp2 for over a year and been running it on a 4 cell lipo and the stock rubber tiers have been holding up great. I decided to get me a 6 cell lipo for it and dam this thing is so fast it blow the rubber tiers off the wheel on the first high speed pass i tried. It obvious i need foam tiers now but not sure which ones to get i just bash up and down the street and parking lots. I am looking for something with some grip and will last. I seen the ofna brand foam but not sure of the quality of them compared to other tiers form different manufactures. Could i get some feedback on some good foams.......................................

thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You can also try BELTED rubber tires. They will last much longer than foams and can take the 6s abuse.

The stock Ofna tires are unbelted and if you've been running them for a year on 6s, I am AMAZED!!! Mine lasted about a week on 4s
Old 03-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'd like to try those tiers you have there. Send me a link where I can buy some.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drpower
I'd like to try those tiers you have there. Send me a link where I can buy some.
If I'm not mistaken there are several manufacturers that have them available. I'll need to double check, but I believe they're all belted.

Ipanema
Sweep
Alpha R/C
PMT
Old 03-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

i posted that i have been running the stock tiers for a year on 4 cells maybe 3 or 4 times month kcunamay. the stock tiers lasted 5 minutes on 6 cells

i seen the belted ones but i also had another problem with the rubber tiers . they would not stayed glued to the rims that being the reason they tear and fly off the wheels. it will cost 50 buck for new one so i not looking to experiment. does anyone have a link to some good foam tiers. or even a good review on the ofna brand

thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rc18junky
i posted that i have been running the stock tiers for a year on 4 cells maybe 3 or 4 times month kcunamay. the stock tiers lasted 5 minutes on 6 cells

i seen the belted ones but i also had another problem with the rubber tiers . they would not stayed glued to the rims that being the reason they tear and fly off the wheels. it will cost 50 buck for new one so i not looking to experiment. does anyone have a link to some good foam tiers. or even a good review on the ofna brand

thanks
Belted tires will handle 120mph +
Old 03-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Joat
Belted tires will handle 120mph +
yah, but what about tiers....what will they handle?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by drpower
yah, but what about tiers....what will they handle?
Since there must be a language barrier,first it tires or tyres
Second I dont know what your expecting, but belted tires will handle 120mph or 192 kph, longevity wise I have no idea , but if tires can handle 120mph without coming apart or coming off the rim, what else do you need?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

I bought EXP Sweep tires on 6ix packs and they've handled everything perfectly. Joking about the tiers thing.