New to Electric TC.......again HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Electric TC.......again HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New to Electric TC.......again HELP!

Okay, so I'm getting back into Electric TC this season because a friend of mine moved to a bigger facility and is building a 90x40 carpet track (CRC Carpet)

I have a choice of 2 cars I can pick up for a good price. The X-Ray T2 009 and the Tamiya TRF415. I'm going to be running rubber tire 17.5 here.

Now the last time I raced electric TC was when the Losi Street Weapon came out with brushed motors. So I'm clueless about the new brushless systems. I am getting the Tekin RS (not pro) 17.5 system

So here's where the help comes in.

Which car and why?

Some good starting points on the esc tuning/gearing/tires etc....

Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Anyone??
Old 03-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Depends on parts availability. 415 is a good car and so is the 009, the 009 being stronger.

Just watch out with the 17.5 Tekin motor you could run into a clearance issue with the can profile, the can is machined at a 90 and not a beveled edge so smaller pinion gears can cause problems.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Better check parts availablity on those cars.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

why not like a corally, you can get them used on here at fairly cheap prices and most are being sold with lots of parts, last time i ran a corally it seemed to be a great carpet car, but my lhs pulled their carpet and closed, so i had to go to the next closest track which is asphalt and they didnt carry many parts for the corally, im actually switching back to corally because they are now beginning to carry parts for the rdx and phi. 415 is also a great car as is the 009, tough choice in my opinion, i would say the 009 for durability
Old 03-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Okay, I was wrong about the X-Ray. It's a T3 2010 with an exotech lipo chassis. My LHS stocks both Tamiya and X-Ray but Ive decided to go with the X-ray.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the replies. So as far as a good starting point for gearing for what is sure to be a technical track with about a 90' straight? And how about a setup for the ESC?