R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Pro Drivers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/492157-pro-drivers.html)

gofasteddy 03-14-2011 11:10 AM

Pro Drivers

Which Pro Driver do you think represent there sponsers product the best and are easy to approach when you need help with that product.

EAMotorsports 03-14-2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by gofasteddy (Post 8799665)
Which Pro Driver do you think represent there sponsers product the best and are easy to approach when you need help with that product.

Pretty much any of them are that way. Paul L is one of the best and easiest guy in the world to talk to. He's not real outspoken but if you approach him he will answer and show you anything you want about his cars.

EA

andrewdoherty 03-14-2011 12:11 PM

+1 for Paul. EA is pretty approachable too!

sidecarphil1 03-14-2011 12:34 PM

I have to say Paul L too, i have only met him once but what a nice guy :)

BUT i like talking with Andy Moore and Atushi (Dave) Hara and jilles these guys know so much infomation and are all willing to share with you when they have time

This is not a bad thing against the rest of the Pros but these are the greatest ones for info

And Marc and Toni R and REALLY REALLY DRINK BEER :lol::lol:

Kwikvdub 03-14-2011 12:46 PM

I think all the Pro Guys where I race at (Horsham PA,) during the winter, like Mike Haynes, Jeff Cuffs, Larry Fairtrace, Sal Amato, Donny Lia, Scoob, just to name of few, will take the time and tell you like it is and will help out at any given moment.

.......Another thing is, there are lots of Guys who know the product real well that are not considered "Pros" of the industry but have there stuff working real good at the track and I think if your going to race there on a continued basis, listening to them and taking some of there advice on set-ups is very wise and sometimes they're considered the unsung heroes of the hobby....... Sometimes looking at set-ups from other racers from other race events does not truly help get an Ideal set-up for your track. It might help with getting it close but the Guys at your track that are hooked up and dialed, those are the Guys you talk to....... And I am very fortunate to have that at my track.:nod:

j.d.roost 03-14-2011 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub (Post 8800080)
I think all the Pro Guys where I race at (Horsham PA,) during the winter, like Mike Haynes, Jeff Cuffs, Larry Fairtrace, Sal Amato, Donny Lia, Scoob, just to name of few, will take the time and tell you like it is and will help out at any given moment.

.......Another thing is, there are lots of Guys who know the product real well that are not considered "Pros" of the industry but have there stuff working real good at the track and I think if your going to race there on a continued basis, listening to them and taking some of there advice on set-ups is very wise and sometimes they're considered the unsung heroes of the hobby....... Sometimes looking at set-ups from other racers from other race events does not truly help get an Ideal set-up for your track. It might help with getting it close but the Guys at your track that are hooked up and dialed, those are the Guys you talk to....... And I am very fortunate to have that at my track.:nod:

:nod::nod:
Horsham is sooo stacked with top drivers that are willing to help out.
Mike,and Scoob have lent a hand a few times and everyone else there
is very approachable. Hell,Mike H. gave me a set of his secret squirrel :p springs to try out on my Jrx early this year.:cool:
Could not agree more with the "non pro" help.
People like Paposwing and Greg Sharpe have given me some serious help
to get me on the right track.

mickrcarver 03-14-2011 01:32 PM

Paul Lemieux,reason I run Xray,always helps me,and knows his stuff!!

CypressMidWest 03-14-2011 08:19 PM

There's a TON of great Pros that are awesome ambassadors for the sport. Paul Lemieux is a great example, but there's also Frank Calandra, Brian Wynn, Paul Ciccarello, and I'm stunned that noone has mentioned Keven Hebert yet.

That being said, Chris Goetz is my favorite approachable pro. He'll not only help you with your set-up, he'll help you adjust your junk as well.:nod:

COLD AS ICE 03-14-2011 08:28 PM

They arent paid pro's ( that i know of) but Robbie Dodge and Craig Xavier are both always willing to help when they are at my local track. But although i dont run xray, +1 on Paul L. and to add Keven H.:tire:

303slowdown 03-14-2011 08:32 PM

Brian whynn from crc is a very nice and helpfull guy and so is Donny lia from speedmerchant

fullout 03-14-2011 09:27 PM

Martin Crisp happens to race at my local tracks up here in Canada, and he is a wealth of knowledge and experience, plus he's approachable.

Elijah 03-15-2011 10:45 AM

Agree with EA about Paul L and also Sidecarphil1 about Hara, had the opportunity of meeting Hara at Cleveland and he was helpful, very respectful and humble guy.

Brian Bosley 03-15-2011 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by mickrcarver (Post 8800293)
Paul Lemieux,reason I run Xray,always helps me,and knows his stuff!!

+1 Paul because I don't run xray and he still helps :P

theisgroup 03-15-2011 11:28 AM

i don't think there are many that you can't approach now a days. dumas runs local and has been a wealth of knowledge and has a great cafe just to hang out in. the xray boys were lots of fun at the birds and all of them were right there to help out. i think you would be hard pressed to find a "pro" that you could not approach

hpisims 03-15-2011 07:39 PM

I would have to say Keven Hebert he has helped alot over the past with anything I needed. Also Chris Goetz is real easy to talk to and just a pretty cool guy although unlike Cypress I have not had him adjust my junk(jealous):nod: