Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 11-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by C Branch
Loose is right! The car rotates like none I have ever driven before. It works really well on a high grip track in stock class.

Colin

I will have to agree with that... I tried out the car for the 1st time last night on a High grip surface track ..and I was able to turn some pretty good times for the cars 1st time out... the car has pretty good corner speed... I found going to a Gold Front spring with 35W all the way around was very nice and easy to drive.... other than that I had about 3 deg of caster total....
I can't wait to get some more time on this car... with a tad bit stiffer chassis
-Dave
Old 11-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Nope, Measured it.......wheels are almost parallel, definately less than 2, maybe 1 degree
Old 11-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Almost got my TC4 built had a set back i got some of those bent diff springs in my kit. I hope to go racing on wednesday night and i'm looking for a carpet set up using take off 27
Thanks Tom
Old 11-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Foam tires to use?

What do you guys suggest for stock racing on carpet (high traction)? Is it the same as most guys run in mod (double pink orange, and double pink)?
Old 11-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok got most of this thing pieced together and i see what everyone is talking about with the play. Fairly easy to fix though with some Tamiya shims rather than those platic ones that come with the spacers. I keep hearing it tends to push a little though. What about running inboard toe out like on the 415. Dave have you tried this yet?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Chrisgt2
Nope, Measured it.......wheels are almost parallel, definately less than 2, maybe 1 degree
Are you sure? It's should be a little over 2 degrees. You're talking about using the "O" block, right? I run the car like that in mod, and if it were close to 0, the car would do a 180 every time I touched the wheel.

Josh
Old 11-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tcmerf
Ok got most of this thing pieced together and i see what everyone is talking about with the play. Fairly easy to fix though with some Tamiya shims rather than those platic ones that come with the spacers. I keep hearing it tends to push a little though. What about running inboard toe out like on the 415. Dave have you tried this yet?
I was able to get rid of all of the plat in the A-arms.. by using 1.5mm & .75mm Shims.. and using sliver & brass motor shims to get rid of the play in the front c-hubs and rear hub.... last thing I am goint to try is a grub set screw on the outboard A-arm sus pins.....

now as for the front a-arms being toed out that works pretty good on my pro4 and Barracuda.. might have to try it when the alloy sus blocks come out for the TC4
-Dave
Old 11-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

tcmerf - buy an extra set of arm mounts, and run the "O" block in the front of the rear toe block (with 3 degree rear toe block). See my, and Chrisgt2's previous posts.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Speedo,
I actually already got the 2 degree rear block. That is what your suggestion does as well correct? Would'nt running the o block make the car wider though? I guess i should drive it before i go nuts trying to make it work better!
Old 11-08-2004, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

With the 2 degree rear block, you should be good to go. Running the car the way I suggested gives the car just over 2 degrees of rear toe in, and probably does widen the car slightly, which would provide more stability, a good thing for mod.

Something else you could try to get the car to rotate more would be to run pro-squat in the rear.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Tech Adept

Put the finishing touches to my TC4 last night and I have to say I was very impressed with the kit.

I'm not sure where you guys have got all this play/slop from... mine is very tidy and tight all over. Only problem I had was with the sterring rack mentioned a few posts back.

Just got to get the wiring done now so I can give her a run on the carpet tonight. Lets see how she goes.

Andy
Old 11-09-2004, 01:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Andy M
Put the finishing touches to my TC4 last night and I have to say I was very impressed with the kit.

I'm not sure where you guys have got all this play/slop from... mine is very tidy and tight all over. Only problem I had was with the sterring rack mentioned a few posts back.

Just got to get the wiring done now so I can give her a run on the carpet tonight. Lets see how she goes.

Andy
Let us know how it goes!!.. I was very impressed with my 1st outing with the Car last night....
-Dave
Old 11-09-2004, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

I'll write a report tonight once I've finished racing, only get 3 rounds at our club so exhaustive testing won't be available.

Incidentally though, all these complaints about heavy cars....

I run a Reedy 19T, LRP ICS (ancient) ESC, KO Reciever, KO 713 Servo and 3300's and my car race ladden was about approx 1505g (measured by analogue so not 100% accurate).

Thats just 5 grams over the legal limit and thats using old bulky kit and the standard plastic parts. According to the measurements ealrier in this thread about the graphite kit I'll be adding about 55g to the car to get it over weight. Impressive as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Keep the info coming guys.

I still have mine in a box, waiting for the graphite bits, alloy arm mounts etc.

ANDY, any news of these bits at CML yet or should I order from Steve too.

Another National this Sunday. Josh will run the TC3 again, but it looks like rain!
Old 11-09-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: It`s done

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Last pic... just finished painting up this one for the TC4
Nice one Dave ..
Have you had the TC4 on the track yet ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.