R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #12661
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: columbus oh
Posts: 787
Default

has anybody made a gear diff for the tc4 yet??
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #12662
Tech Elite
 
DesertRat's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 2,377
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
has anybody made a gear diff for the tc4 yet??
No, but the ball diff isn't that bad if it's correctly assembled. The car does not appear to be that diff-sensitive.
__________________
I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
If everything is under control... go faster.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
It is obvious and intuitive to the most casual of observers that RC racing is better than golf.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:02 AM   #12663
Tech Master
 
DarthRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone drift with their TC4 and have a good base setup?
__________________
For the Sontaran Empire!

Carolinas R/C Track Directory - https://sites.google.com/site/carolinasrctracklocator/
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:09 AM   #12664
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRacer View Post
Does anyone drift with their TC4 and have a good base setup?
spool in the rear, front one-way, will set camber for even tire wear.
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:11 AM   #12665
Tech Master
 
DarthRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
spool in the rear, front one-way, will set camber for even tire wear.
Cool. That confirms setup tips I heard for other cars.
How about shocks? I've seen some setups that say you should lay down the fronts and stand up the rears. Make the rear harder than the front.
__________________
For the Sontaran Empire!

Carolinas R/C Track Directory - https://sites.google.com/site/carolinasrctracklocator/
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:16 AM   #12666
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRacer View Post
Cool. That confirms setup tips I heard for other cars.
How about shocks? I've seen some setups that say you should lay down the fronts and stand up the rears. Make the rear harder than the front.
I have not seen any difference regardless of what I do with the shocks/droop/ride height. I dont think it matters becouse of the lack of speed and traction.
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:20 AM   #12667
Tech Master
 
DarthRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
I have not seen any difference regardless of what I do with the shocks/droop/ride height. I dont think it matters becouse of the lack of speed and traction.
Maybe that is for different types of drift tires then. I just have the basic hard plastic type for now but plan on HPI T-Drifts at some point.

Thanks
__________________
For the Sontaran Empire!

Carolinas R/C Track Directory - https://sites.google.com/site/carolinasrctracklocator/
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:26 AM   #12668
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRacer View Post
Maybe that is for different types of drift tires then. I just have the basic hard plastic type for now but plan on HPI T-Drifts at some point.

Thanks
Quite possible, im no pro drifter, just play around with friends on parking lots.
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #12669
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 607
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Advice needed

Have a tc4 with a Novak gtb2 with a sensored motor. The car runs faster backwards then forward....about twice as fast. I have reversed the throttle position in my transmitter, but the car then goes backwards when I pull the trigger forward. The wires from the esc to the motor are wired a to a, b to b, and c to c. I am wondering if the motor setting from the esc is running clockwise instead of counter clockwise... Any thoughts...
SouthFloridaApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #12670
Tech Elite
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,631
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp View Post
Advice needed

Have a tc4 with a Novak gtb2 with a sensored motor. The car runs faster backwards then forward....about twice as fast. I have reversed the throttle position in my transmitter, but the car then goes backwards when I pull the trigger forward. The wires from the esc to the motor are wired a to a, b to b, and c to c. I am wondering if the motor setting from the esc is running clockwise instead of counter clockwise... Any thoughts...
Have you gone back through the set up sequence for the ESC after changing transmitter settings? You will need to do this.
__________________
Up the Irons \m/

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #12671
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 607
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I fixed my issue. I went into the esc settings and changed the motor rotation.
Thanks for the reply.

There is a little plug that comes out of the fan from the esc. Where do I plug this into and do I need some sort of adapter? Trying to get this car ready for a race this weekend...
SouthFloridaApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:22 PM   #12672
Tech Elite
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,631
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp View Post
I fixed my issue. I went into the esc settings and changed the motor rotation.
Thanks for the reply.

There is a little plug that comes out of the fan from the esc. Where do I plug this into and do I need some sort of adapter? Trying to get this car ready for a race this weekend...
Glad you fixed it.

I'd download the manual online so you can see how all the wiring works. You should be able to connect the fan to the esc, just look at the description decals to see which is pos/neg (red/black). Hth. Other wise I just run the fan wires straight to the esc (solder them to the pos / neg wires that go to the battery).
__________________
Up the Irons \m/

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...

Last edited by nf_ekt; 06-19-2014 at 09:20 PM.
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:18 PM   #12673
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,639
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Good to hear ..
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:46 PM   #12674
Tech Regular
 
gooba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: grimes,ia
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

To the drift guys there actually is suspension set ups out there for drifting. Generally soft in front and stiff in the rear. Also 3 to 5 degrees of front camber so at full counter steer your inside tire is at 0 camber, less rear toe is also recommended so the rear end will come around easier. Balance is really key also as an off balance car won't transition left to right well.
__________________
I spend money I don't have on parts I don't need to beat people I don't know
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:23 AM   #12675
Tech Master
 
DarthRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooba View Post
To the drift guys there actually is suspension set ups out there for drifting. Generally soft in front and stiff in the rear. Also 3 to 5 degrees of front camber so at full counter steer your inside tire is at 0 camber, less rear toe is also recommended so the rear end will come around easier. Balance is really key also as an off balance car won't transition left to right well.
Good to know!
__________________
For the Sontaran Empire!

Carolinas R/C Track Directory - https://sites.google.com/site/carolinasrctracklocator/
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 08:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 02:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 08:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 01:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:28 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0