R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #12556
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
Finished my homemade steering rack and modified spec-r R1 axles. I had to machine the axle stubs down from 5mm to 4.73mm to fit the tc4 bearings, and had to machine down the ball on the other end of the axles to 6.2mm to fit in the outdrives.
The rack is overkill, but the GF didn't want me in the garage all night. Maybe I'll hog some more weight out of it another night.
That's pretty cool. One thing is for sure, you'll never break that piece again!
It is obvious and intuitive to the most casual of observers that RC racing is better than golf.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #12557
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

guys I have 2 TC4's
one is the dual deck carbon fiber Factory Team car
the other one is the ?team car?
it is not the new cheaper club racer
I want to sale it rolling chassis but have No idea what to ask for it
it is in excellent used condition
i can text or email pics
it has carbon fiber battery strap, titanium turnbuckles, threaded aluminum shocks, aluminum heat sink and motor mount, aluminum cvd's, and titanium turnbuckles
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #12558
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
You need a tc4 parma wide bumper, tire sauce, and a good setup.....
part number? anything else to mount it? Is AE stock plastic bumper mount ok?
I have the Factory Team TC4
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
Old 05-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #12559
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AudioStylz

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudin4evr View Post
guys I have 2 TC4's
one is the dual deck carbon fiber Factory Team car
the other one is the ?team car?
it is not the new cheaper club racer
I want to sale it rolling chassis but have No idea what to ask for it
it is in excellent used condition
i can text or email pics
it has carbon fiber battery strap, titanium turnbuckles, threaded aluminum shocks, aluminum heat sink and motor mount, aluminum cvd's, and titanium turnbuckles
You're looking to sell your TC4 with the carbon fiber chassis? Well I just recently saw a complete conversion kit on ebay listed at $150 for top and bottom deck, the aluminum stand offs, the 4 camber link mounts (these are extremely hard to find and are $100+ after shipping), and motor mount.

I'd say list it for $225 or so without electronics.
AudioStylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:02 PM   #12560
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioStylz View Post
You're looking to sell your TC4 with the carbon fiber chassis? Well I just recently saw a complete conversion kit on ebay listed at $150 for top and bottom deck, the aluminum stand offs, the 4 camber link mounts (these are extremely hard to find and are $100+ after shipping), and motor mount.

100 bucks for the aluminum camber link mounts? Christ, I'm sitting on like 200 bucks here. I think I have a set of four new in package and the stockers off of my Diggity car. That sounds mad expensive. If someone had offered me 20 for the lot I probably would have taken it.
It is obvious and intuitive to the most casual of observers that RC racing is better than golf.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:26 PM   #12561
Tech Adept

Hey where can I find some foam tires for the TC4? I've looked all day on Amazon and Ebay and all I'm finding are foamies for GT and oval. Don't they make 1/10 12mmhex on road foamies anymore?

Prolines website doesn't even list ON ROAD as choice and they used to make great foam tires.

Also can anybody set me up with some parts I'll likely need. I've already read about the front CVD's busting from lock to lock steering. Will aluminum CVD bones fix that or do I need a some other part? I'm also trying to find an aluminum drag link and steering assembly but only finding them on Ebay.

And other than the steering slop and self destructing CVD's is there anything else I need to anticipate replacing from normal usage? Do the shocks leak, etc.
kodack10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #12562
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodack10 View Post
Hey where can I find some foam tires for the TC4? I've looked all day on Amazon and Ebay and all I'm finding are foamies for GT and oval. Don't they make 1/10 12mmhex on road foamies anymore?

Prolines website doesn't even list ON ROAD as choice and they used to make great foam tires.

Also can anybody set me up with some parts I'll likely need. I've already read about the front CVD's busting from lock to lock steering. Will aluminum CVD bones fix that or do I need a some other part? I'm also trying to find an aluminum drag link and steering assembly but only finding them on Ebay.

And other than the steering slop and self destructing CVD's is there anything else I need to anticipate replacing from normal usage? Do the shocks leak, etc.
If you have your heart set on foamies, Ulti makes tires typically used for nitro on-road that fit the car for like ten bucks a pair, sold through KO Propo Americas.

http://www.shop.kopropoamerica.com/i...y&path=177_276
Old 05-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #12563
Tech Master

Quote:

No, I'm keeping the FT TC4 car
I'm wanting to sale the Team car
Old 05-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #12564
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
If you have your heart set on foamies, Ulti makes tires typically used for nitro on-road that fit the car for like ten bucks a pair, sold through KO Propo Americas.

http://www.shop.kopropoamerica.com/i...y&path=177_276

Oh hell yeah. That is exactly the kind of tire I was looking for. The reason I like foam so much, and hey, maybe in the 10 years since I raced things changed, but back in the day, foam beat any rubber because it was true and perfectly balanced.

I've never had a rubber tire as perfectly round and balanced as even a cheap foam tire can be. They also wear great, don't balloon at speed, and rarely have problems with glue. They also tend to be lighter and any reduction in rotational mass = better throttle response.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #12565
Tech Adept

Man I'm so glad I got the TC4. I've been eyeballing many different on roads the last month and I actually ordered the AE Apex, and in spite of researching it for weeks, only AFTER I ordered it did I realize it had MOLDED LINKS. No toe, no camber, what is caster? etc. And also not a single hop up for that car. It's like they took the 1/24 Apex Mini, with it's terrible steering drag links, and non adjustable suspension, and stretched it out to 1/10 size.

I actually had to refuse shipment of it today cause Amazon couldn't cancel my order. My TC4 will be here tomorrow and hopefully my XXX-S foamies and body will fit on it.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:26 PM   #12566
Tech Champion

Smile

Mild mod motors on carpet are only a second a lap faster than 17.5t.... A 7t brushed motor should be able to easily keep up with them as long as the track is not too long..... Happy Racing.....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #12567
Tech Champion

That's a very good dcj mod.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
Finished my homemade steering rack and modified spec-r R1 axles. I had to machine the axle stubs down from 5mm to 4.73mm to fit the tc4 bearings, and had to machine down the ball on the other end of the axles to 6.2mm to fit in the outdrives.
The rack is overkill, but the GF didn't want me in the garage all night. Maybe I'll hog some more weight out of it another night.
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #12568
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudin4evr View Post
No, I'm keeping the FT TC4 car
I'm wanting to sale the Team car
Tub chassis with no upgrades and no electronics. Also depends on how old it is. If it's one of the newer Club Kits with not a lot of use $125, older kit with lots of use $100 or less.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #12569
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodack10 View Post

The CVDs breaking isn't because of lock to lock steering per say but rather from locked left/right steering while hitting the boards. Getting the FT CVDs will help fix this.

As for upgraded steering racks, ebay or TQRCRacing.com will have those parts available. The kit shocks are okay and do leak over time, getting the threaded shock bodies would be a good upgrade.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:26 AM   #12570
Tech Master

Quote:
Tub chassis with no upgrades and no electronics. Also depends on how old it is. If it's one of the newer Club Kits with not a lot of use $125, older kit with lots of use $100 or less.
My car has everything on it
I also had a diggity car
sold it also