It is possible to create a hybrid between the tub chassis TC4 and FTTC4, but you will have to come up with your own solutions for a few things...
The FTTC4 motor mount is no longer available. Here a a couple of options.
- Modify the tub chassis TC4 motor mount to work with the FTTC4 chassis. You will need a way to support the bearing in front of the spur gear though.
- Purchase a Diggity Designs DC4 LE motor mount which looks to be a direct replacement for the FTTC4 motor mount (if available). Here is a link - http://www.diggitydesigns.com/Diggit...otorMount.html
- Check Team Associated website for parts as it looks like you can still buy a top deck here - http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_a...s_accessories/
- Some people have modified other cars top decks to work with their TC4's (TC5's or TC6's???). Search this thread as I know there was at least one example.
- Again you can buy a Diggity Designs DC4 LE top deck. They have 3 different thicknesses that look to be available on their website here - http://www.diggitydesigns.com/produc...signs_DC4.html
- Good luck on finding the FTTC4 aluminum inner camber link mounts. I don't think anyone makes an aftermarket option.
- You can always use the stock TC4 chassis braces and cut off/modify what you don't need since they have the inner camber link mounts. If you are using a stock FTTC4 top deck you will also need to modify it.
- Remember that the NTC3/TC3/TC4 all use the same diff cases which were designed to use plastic chassis braces. In fact you can update a TC3 with TC4 chassis braces and shock towers to have updated camber links & 4 shock tower locations.
One thing to keep in mind is that you may end up spending a lot to upgrade/modify a stock TC4. Set a budget and price everything out before you buy. It may be more cost effective to purchase a newer designed shaft car like a Tamiya TB-04, which has gear diffs.
However if you read through this thread you will find plenty of suggestions/photos on how to upgrade a TC4 to be competitive in faster classes. If you are just going to be running USVTA or USGT, then a Club Racer TC4 is capable of winning in the hands of a good driver.
Hope this info helps.