R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #12016
Tech Regular
 
Emaculant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 380
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Ray's setup is on page 797 , post#11954....
As far as the dc4 le, it's a good carbon fiber kit for those who want a CF chassis... Those who have one are still testing setups, I think... Both are competitive..
Touring cars need a 12.5mm rotor to be competitive. 12.3mm does not cut it....
Thanks! I can't find to much info on any carbon fiber chassis for The TC4 would it be worth it?
Emaculant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #12017
Tech Adept
 
Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Agent Send a message via Yahoo to Agent
Default

Cool thanks! No one has a spare set of team shocks they want to sell do they?
__________________
`Carl
HPI: Cup Racer, SNRS4, NMT | AE: SC10 4X4, T3, T2, RC18MT, TC4 | Thunder Tiger: MT4 GT3
WTB: Super RS4 electric rally
FS: RS4 3 SS w/ OS .18CV + RC10GT w/ Megatech .16 pull start
Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #12018
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,649
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The tc4 CF chassis is pretty rare, and setups are from the Nimh days, so they will differ from lipo setups, which are impossible to get.... It's up to the racer to find a fast lipo setup... Happy racing...
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #12019
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,363
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Look for Brett Sisley... "Dialed"... he dominated when he ran his TC4 tub in 17.5... won the NW regionals with it.. he also owns rcspecialties.com
__________________
Kyle Predmore
Facebook - "AE Fanboy"
B6D|B64D|B44.3. FOR SALE!
TC7|TC6TEK|12R5.2|10R5.1
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #12020
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent View Post
Cool thanks! No one has a spare set of team shocks they want to sell do they?
PM sent
bullet100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #12021
Tech Elite
 
Ray k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,982
Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default

Carpet setup below , for Asphalt - Tamiya blue front spring or AE silver ,shock position next hole up and 2mm front droop.


Additional info not on sheet :

Inside legs of corner braces removed
Outside tub wall between corner braces cut down 3mm
Motor mount cam heat sink removed along with the long "L" section
Steering rack servo saver glued and tight , Servo saver added to servo
5/8" holes drilled one under each diff and two under steering rack
Arms centered front and back
Droop is 1.5mm over ride height ,front and rear
Shocks are SpecR R-1 with 3 hole pistons , front 1mm piston holes and 1.1mm in the rear
Motor is Revtech Killshot, torque model
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC4-tc4.jpg   Team Associated TC4-tc4-2.jpg  
Ray k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #12022
Tech Elite
 
RED-LINE M03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: >>> USA <<<
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray k View Post
Carpet setup below , for Asphalt - Tamiya blue front spring or AE silver ,shock position next hole up and 2mm front droop.


Additional info not on sheet :

Inside legs of corner braces removed
Outside tub wall between corner braces cut down 3mm
Motor mount cam heat sink removed along with the long "L" section
Steering rack servo saver glued and tight , Servo saver added to servo
5/8" holes drilled one under each diff and two under steering rack
Arms centered front and back
Droop is 1.5mm over ride height ,front and rear
Shocks are SpecR R-1 with 3 hole pistons , front 1mm piston holes and 1.1mm in the rear
Motor is Revtech Killshot, torque model

Thanks for sharing Ray...

Do you have any pictures of the bottom of the chassis?
I wanted to look at the holes that you drilled in the chassis.


Just wondering what effects the below items had on your TC4?

Outside tub wall between corner braces cut down 3mm
Motor mount cam heat sink removed along with the long "L" section
5/8" holes drilled one under each diff and two under steering rack


Thanks again
__________________
A battery pack a day keeps the stress away

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻💪😃👍🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #12023
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03 View Post
Thanks for sharing Ray...

Do you have any pictures of the bottom of the chassis?
I wanted to look at the holes that you drilled in the chassis.


Just wondering what effects the below items had on your TC4?

Outside tub wall between corner braces cut down 3mm
Motor mount cam heat sink removed along with the long "L" section
5/8" holes drilled one under each diff and two under steering rack


Thanks again
I would guess to add flex, remove weight and to keep crap from building up under the diffs and steering
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #12024
Tech Elite
 
RED-LINE M03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: >>> USA <<<
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
I would guess to add flex, remove weight and to keep crap from building up under the diffs and steering
Yes, I was thinking about the flex part also.

I wasn't thinking about keeping the crap from building up under the diffs and steering rack.

Good input...

Thx
__________________
A battery pack a day keeps the stress away

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻💪😃👍🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #12025
Tech Master
 
DarthRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray k View Post
Carpet setup below , for Asphalt - Tamiya blue front spring or AE silver ,shock position next hole up and 2mm front droop.


Additional info not on sheet :

Inside legs of corner braces removed
Outside tub wall between corner braces cut down 3mm
Motor mount cam heat sink removed along with the long "L" section
Steering rack servo saver glued and tight , Servo saver added to servo
5/8" holes drilled one under each diff and two under steering rack
Arms centered front and back
Droop is 1.5mm over ride height ,front and rear
Shocks are SpecR R-1 with 3 hole pistons , front 1mm piston holes and 1.1mm in the rear
Motor is Revtech Killshot, torque model

I find it interesting that you have the softer shock spring on the front instead of the rear. I have the same springs but reversed. Was that done to gain more steering or for another reason? If I had that setup (I run on asphalt/concrete) I'd loose rear traction.
__________________
For the Sontaran Empire!

Carolinas R/C Track Directory - https://sites.google.com/site/carolinasrctracklocator/
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #12026
Tech Elite
 
Ray k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,982
Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03 View Post
Thanks for sharing Ray...


Just wondering what effects the below items had on your TC4?

Outside tub wall between corner braces cut down 3mm
Motor mount cam heat sink removed along with the long "L" section
5/8" holes drilled one under each diff and two under steering rack


Thanks again
The two holes under the steering rack can be seen in the current picture. the other two holes are centered ,one under each diff. I don't think these holes did much to help performance .

I cut the long part of the motor mount off to increase flex .

I cut the sidewalls down to increase flex .

More flex will increase over traction.

Looking back at the mods , I think leaving the corner braces uncut and cross drilling the center backbone rib with 1/4" holes would possibly work better. Maybe eight or nine holes along the length .
Ray k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #12027
Tech Elite
 
RED-LINE M03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: >>> USA <<<
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray k View Post
The two holes under the steering rack can be seen in the current picture. the other two holes are centered ,one under each diff. I don't think these holes did much to help performance .

I cut the long part of the motor mount off to increase flex .

I cut the sidewalls down to increase flex .

More flex will increase over traction.

Looking back at the mods , I think leaving the corner braces uncut and cross drilling the center backbone rib with 1/4" holes would possibly work better. Maybe eight or nine holes along the length .

10-4

I like that shorty layout
__________________
A battery pack a day keeps the stress away

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻💪😃👍🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #12028
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray k View Post
The two holes under the steering rack can be seen in the current picture. the other two holes are centered ,one under each diff. I don't think these holes did much to help performance .

I cut the long part of the motor mount off to increase flex .

I cut the sidewalls down to increase flex .

More flex will increase over traction.

Looking back at the mods , I think leaving the corner braces uncut and cross drilling the center backbone rib with 1/4" holes would possibly work better. Maybe eight or nine holes along the length .
I built a TC3 for vta not too long ago with similar ideas, works great, plent of flex.

__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #12029
Tech Elite
 
Ray k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,982
Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRacer View Post
I find it interesting that you have the softer shock spring on the front instead of the rear. I have the same springs but reversed. Was that done to gain more steering or for another reason? If I had that setup (I run on asphalt/concrete) I'd loose rear traction.

With will worn X-patterns on carpet and 200 cars running over three straight days . Steering get aggressive. My posted setup is to reduce front grip.

My base line spring setup is AE Silver rear and HPI silver fronts .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03 View Post
10-4

I like that shorty layout
The shorty pack thing made my car very competitive with modern touring cars . But outdoor at the Kissimmee track , big battery !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
I built a TC3 for vta not too long ago with similar ideas, works great, plent of flex.

Me likely !!!
Ray k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #12030
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,649
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

I ran my stock tub tc4(no drilling) with a similar to Ray's setup on a pretty slippery carpet track with no traction issues at all... I did remove my swaybars though,and my driving sucked after almost a year off the carpet. Here is the video, I am the white slow car:
Http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hHsrh8m...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 11-08-2013 at 10:53 AM.
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 08:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 02:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 08:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 01:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:14 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0