R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-27-2004, 07:47 AM   #1066
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok....

Speedo (and others): Diff gears. A while back when we were packaging the plastic diffs, they were packages using bushings instead of bearing. No good. You WILL experience tight-diff-syndrome! Now, they are packaged with the correct BEARINGS! You should no longer have this issue. However, I've been reading that diff gears appear to be thicker than normal, causing the diffs (plastic and possibly steel) to be overly tight when built. If you feel your diff gear is possibly defective, please call Team Associated at 714.850.9342 x124 (have your purchase receipt ready), and we will get new gears out to you. YOU WILL NEED your purchase receipt, whether it's for the car or a gear set.

Chazz: You SHOULD be able to, but if the tolerances are off on the gear halves, you might have to shim the diff and pinion different than stock, as SpeediePHATT explained.

dr_hfuhuhurr: See above.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:24 AM   #1067
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to myclod Send a message via Yahoo to myclod

ok guys i wanna know why all you out on the left coast have all the good parts and no one else does yet...yes i know it takes time to distribute but...the BIG distribution houses the the rest of the US's LHS's get product from for the most part have nothing but kits, only thing the LHS i work for has been able to get is the frt shock tower (2) the kick up shim package (2) C hubs (2) and 1 pack of hinge pins...we have tried distributors big and small and Associated is saying nothing on arrival dates for basic parts..but if i want a kit they are everywhere
myclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:37 AM   #1068
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Besercoe
all these americans are very amusing, all of the problems with this car so far and everyone is still praising it. Sounds like no one here has ever built an xray.
Actually, if you look at it, most of the people complaining about problems are using non-standard parts (specifically aftermarket parts from their TC3's) when trying to build this car. (btw - don't flame, I said MOST. . .not all. . .)

I just finished building my TC4 (only parts NOT from the kit were Ti turnbuckles from the FTTC3 and front one-way) and everything fit perfectly - WHEN I followed the directions exactly.

Not bad for a first run car that's half the price of an X-Ray (priced at Stormerhobbies. . .)
Old 10-27-2004, 09:51 AM   #1069
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's a question I wanna throw out there,,,,
I've been running the car now for 3 weeks and am experiencing slop in the inner suspension hinge pins. I've had to add a shim or 2 more to reduce this, but still has side to side play in it, like the wholes for the pivot balls were opening up a bit or loosening. Is anyone havin the same issuses as I?

I hope the aluminum blocks eliminate this
Team Associated | Reedy | Orca
jzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:24 AM   #1070
Tech Fanatic

Default can u run tc3 factoryteam bearings on the tc4

can u run the factory team bearings in the tc4 also can u used the sway bars off the tc3 and castor blocks with no modifications thxs reggie
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:27 AM   #1071
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by KilRuf
My TC4 drivetrain is free'r than my TC3 that I had to grind down. No problems with it what-so-ever. I think the new diff cases are just awesome. Gotta get a set for my TC3 (backup car).
hey jimmy what i need to do to free thm spray motor spray and!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holla at me i will be dwn at the worlds this weekend lvng tomorrow
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:27 AM   #1072
Tech Adept

I believe the TC3 Teflon bearings will fit the TC4. I plan to get a full set new when I pick up my TC4 kit.

Don't quote me though....
Andy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:29 AM   #1073
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: The way I see it....

Quote:
Originally posted by lem2

And since the material is composite, which may be softer than the coming Graphite chassis. An upper deck may be needed (calling WarpSpeed.......)

Lem

Does someone actually make an upper deck? I just bought a TC4 and would be interested in that part. A website would be great.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:01 PM   #1074
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Neil

What turnbuckles are you guys using?
Thanks Neil
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:08 PM   #1075
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Re: can u run tc3 factoryteam bearings on the tc4

Quote:
Originally posted by tc3 racer sc
can u run the factory team bearings in the tc4 also can u used the sway bars off the tc3 and castor blocks with no modifications thxs reggie

Yes to bearings, yes to the bar itself but the mount to the arm is different, yes to castor blocks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil
What turnbuckles are you guys using?
Thanks Neil
The factory team ones from the TC3 work.

So far on mine I had a problem with the axle not allowing the bearing to go all the way on which was fixed with a little sandpaper. My drive train is no where near as free as my worked over TC3 but it was late when I worked on it so I'm going to go back through it and see what I did wrong. Not a big fan of the rubber sealed bearings, I can feel the drag of the seals.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:54 PM   #1076
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Paul_TC4

Im sorry to bother you guys, Charlie O and Nightbreed.

I still seem to be having trouble with the mounting of the NTC3 bumper on my tc4. The holes dont line up. So could you please post some pics of the underside of the bumper showing how its all screwed in.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul_TC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 04:59 PM   #1077
Tech Addict

Default Paul...

are you sure you are using the NTC3 RPM bumper. The NTC3 and TC3 RPM bumpers are different. The NTC3 RPM bumper should have three larger holes in it for the rubber groments. Make sure you have the right one. You will still use the stock plastic front chassis bumper from the TC4.
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 05:42 PM   #1078
Tech Elite

Hey Tony, are you sure the women didn't bring down your website again?

Reggie, I removed one sheild off each bearing and degreased them with "plasitic" safe brake cleaner. Then I added one-two drops of thin bearing lube. Do this to all the bearings except the bearing infront of the spur. You'll need to leave both sides/shields on this one.

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 05:48 PM   #1079
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Aside from having a bent pin ( I got 3 outer rears and one outer front) and a buggered up bearing, the kit went together great. Drivetrain is super smooth. Slop isn't real bad. Plus I am glad to see that the lower motor mount is machined and not cast.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:29 PM   #1080
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Ran the car today on the rug for the first time. Pretty good car.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote