Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Dave, did you ever weigh these tc3's ???? They look to be 1200grams!!!! Although I did not like the battery tape ! The brace is preferable, specially when you need to add weight to the battery side! Is that a carbon fiber shaft I see ????? Any podium finishes with that car????
I think it was right at 1405 and needed no weight to balance... only to meet tech. Between the battery side mod and the spur choice the car was balanced and easy to drive. The car didnt drive as well under 1400. Anything over 1470 it would feel lazy. Yep thats a carbon shaft. I have several of them... and they were the only ones that wouldnt fly out of the car.

The car always did very well, even against the newer generation belt cars. I was almost always in the A with it (there are a few BQ's or DNF's in there on bad days) and TQ'd or won many a race with it over the years. Keep in mind ive had a Tc3 or a Tc4 since its release... so thats a lot of wheel time with one.

As far as podium finishes (Tc3) the only one i would consider worthy to mention was 7th in the B main 19t foam/carpet at Snowbirds. I was fighting a glitch all week. I never had a single qualifier that was a clean run. The car was so good and turned fast consistent laps. Id get a glitch and *PoW* right into the wall. All it takes is one hit and youre out of the A... i had several each run. I was so frustrated i didnt even run the main... i packed and went home.

After that i never ran another big race. Only local events.

Originally Posted by olly986
That set up is very interesting, easier to work on changing wishbones setup.

Is this a 10.5t X12 in there too, I see an 81 spur but what is your pinion and FDR (if a 10.5t, which is what I run in mine)
Nah this was ran on American tracks (medium to small) so we ran 17.5 boosted for stock and in mod i ran a 13.5 boosted that did fairly well.

If i could go back and change anything, it would be to never run another R9R body. I wasted too much track time trying to get that body to work. I liked the steering it offered, but i was always changing setup trying to find a compromise in the handling that was created by the body. I slowed the car down trying to negate the effects of the added downforce. Hindsight is 20/20.

Originally Posted by SHOEADDICT
question!? this sat a a friend of mine gave me some wheels he could not use. i have been running hard with them since i got them. everyday after work i run threw a battery pack. i noticed that the tires are wearing weird. the front ones are wearing almost shiny bald in the middle of the tread but the out side is fine. and the rear ones are wearing normally. is the front end to light?
Check to be sure you dont have a rear drive problem. If for some reason your rear plastic diff is slipping then all of your power will be going through the front tires as a front wheel drive car. You cant just pick up the car and hit the throttle to check, you have to load up the rear driveline to see if its slipping.

Plastic diffs are known to create issues with a lot of power. You really have to keep your eye on them. This car was designed with a less powerful generation of batteries and motors in mind... so if youre gonna strap in some decent brushless power... you gotta beef up the parts.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Glitch with 2.4ghz or fm ? I also don't see a glitch capacitor!!! 1405grams is pretty good with a lightweight body, but how heavy were the battery packs??? I have one of my fttc4's at 1405grams with a 256gram pack, but I run a gtb esc ! With the lightest tp3200(208gram) pack I own I can get the car down to 1357grams, with no runtime issue ,and I also have a parma bumper in there with a tc5 carbon battery strap !!! There is alot of ways to lighten the tc3 /tc4, and I think with those tekin Rs esc, and spektrum receivers you can get down to the 1320's......
Old 08-31-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Champion

Smile

I forgot, I also run a standard futaba S9402(65gram) servo; if I also switched to a low profile(44.5grams) servo, I might make it down in the 1300's !!!!! The tc4 therefore has no weight issues if you switch to the latest electronics ! Not everyone is willing to do that !!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SHOEADDICT
question!? this sat a a friend of mine gave me some wheels he could not use. i have been running hard with them since i got them. everyday after work i run threw a battery pack. i noticed that the tires are wearing weird. the front ones are wearing almost shiny bald in the middle of the tread but the out side is fine. and the rear ones are wearing normally. is the front end to light?

front

rear
I don't think so. . .

I think it's more simple (always start with simple and go from there. . . LOL)

Your tires look like they're ballooning (thus the wear on the middle but not the outside) and since you're doing more with the fronts than with the rears (i.e. turning, pulling vs. pushing and not much more) you're getting the wear showing more on the fronts.

I always wear my fronts more than my rears - I think you're doing that here, and the wear pattern is just because you're ballooning your tires a bit.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

These tires don't seem to be belted anyways !!!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
These tires don't seem to be belted anyways !!!
Well, that would definitely allow them to balloon up . . .
Old 09-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

You're better off getting rp30 tires or sweep exp40!!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

question. yesterday i re did my dif. when i grab ahold of both out srives and turn like i am tightening them it feels good. if i turn them like i wanna take them a part...the allen screw starts to come un done!? why?
Old 09-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

You have to make sure you goop both the bolt and the nut !!! The whole length of the threads on the bolt need to have dried(many layers) up threadlock on ! When you finish putting the diff together,and tighten the diff past the point where you really want it to be, make sure you put threadlock on the bolt threads that stick out past the nut and let it dry good before backing out the diff bolt for the correct tension ! This will ensure that the diff bolt holds the tension that you want it to have throughout the life of the diff : no more loosening diffs ever !!! Also make sure you don't leave the diff too tight !!!
Old 09-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well here are a pics of my TC3 with all parts back on as promised

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 09-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Looks good !!! Lots of fans, you must run mod?? What's the shaft/cvd marks??? Vibrations causing that?? Also are you using the same steps mentioned previously to upload your photos ???
Old 09-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

yes for the pics upload

the mark is just some cable touching at some stage, have other ones in carbon etc...that's the first one I picked, fan on HW 120A and no, running 10.5t (which is standard here) in hot weather and LRP X12 which heats up a good bit, hence the fan. I run the same set up on TC6 but with Tekin RSpro.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Maybe my Android is not as good as a computer !!!! Anyways , good to see a tc3 competing !
Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default Cooling Fan

I have a single fan on my motor, would AE's FT Motor Cooling Fan Duct/Fan Kit provide better cooling? My single fan is clamped onto the motor and dual fans will be blowing on the end bell.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

The Ae double fans won't work well with brushless, and some seem to cause bad glitches !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.