Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 12-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
It s the same Associated heat sink that should've come with your car.

Alot of the older aftermarket kits were designed to be used with foam tires because in the TC4's hay day thats what people were running. Most of that stuff is too stiff for the rubber tire racing today.
The FT TC4 I have is much different than that one. It has a completely different motor mount and the chassis braces are aluminum with the shock towers CF. The camber links mount to the chassis braces not the shock tower.

I had one of those FT TC4 motor heat sinks but it will not work on my car?
Old 12-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by balistic
The FT TC4 I have is much different than that one. It has a completely different motor mount and the chassis braces are aluminum with the shock towers CF. The camber links mount to the chassis braces not the shock tower.

I had one of those FT TC4 motor heat sinks but it will not work on my car?
Yes, There is a Facotry team kit and a Team kit, The team kit is the tub version, threaded shocks, steel turnbuckles and that motor mount/ heatsink.

The factory team kit is completely different car
Old 12-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
Yes, There is a Facotry team kit and a Team kit, The team kit is the tub version, threaded shocks, steel turnbuckles and that motor mount/ heatsink.

The factory team kit is completely different car
What is the car in the picture, a tub car with a CF conversion chassis?
Old 12-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I don't know who made that kit?
Old 01-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive been back at the track again, and still runnin the tub car. This time i have updated the electronics with LiPo batts, a Ko VFS-1.5, and an LRP X-12 17.5. Anyone else running the Tc4 brushless and LiPo in 17.5?

Old 01-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Ive been back at the track again, and still runnin the tub car. This time i have updated the electronics with LiPo batts, a Ko VFS-1.5, and an LRP X-12 17.5. Anyone else running the Tc4 brushless and LiPo in 17.5?

Hi Dave Im not running 17.5 but have just upgraded to a Tekin RS and 13.5 setup using lipos.Im using a FTTC4 with the settings you supplied me previously with 2 changes, I found a post by S Fender way back where he was using 60 weight oil all around with modified pistons with 2mm holes in them all i can say Dave is give it a try.Its made my car handle like its on rails on ashphalt .

Cheers Dave
Old 01-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

.......... Anyone else running the Tc4 brushless and LiPo in 17.5?
Yep, seems to do just fine. I can't run with the really fast guys, but it's not the car slowing me down. Tekin RS / Tekin 17.5, EP5200 lipos.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Sweet! Im glad the Tc4 is still workin for you guys. Im determined to get it back out front of the local best.

I have altered my setup tremendously to adapt to the weight difference of the brushless and LiPo gear. No more F/R swaybars, spring changes, suspension mount changes, ballstud changes, and i had to go thicker on the oil as well. Its been a blast though!
Old 01-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Dave any chance you can post your latest setup? Im still to try the losi parts but they are on the shopping list lol.
btw are you still running the xray shock springs as well? I have the white xray springs on the front of mine at the moment.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Sure can, but some of the most recent changes wont get tested till mid week... maybe Tuesday or Wednesday tho.

I focused on the speedo setup first part of yesterday's practice (throttle response/timing with the 17.5/VFS-1), and then the chassis afterwards. I ran out of time to make my last set of chassis changes at the track, so im doing them now at home for next week.

XRAY springs are still on the car, i gave all my AE springs to a friend for his Tc3. I was running white and yellow(XRAY) with the sways. Ive settled on the 20 and 25lb springs(XRAY) for the new setup. They made a big difference in chicane transition and overall response. Are you still on the large outdoor track you sent pix of? Were indoor on carpet/rubber tires now. Too cold for asphalt.

Snag those Losi parts. Its worth the effort.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerb
hey all.... I broke a rear hub carrier so I changed it with some spares I got when I bought the car... I believe the spares were actually tc3........ anyway did not know this when i changed, so i took it to the track for race day and all of a sudden i ampractically spinning in circles whenever i turned to that one side.... does this sound like something that would happen if I was using 2 different carriers?? or could it be something else??..... next question is am i ok to use tc3 hub carriers on my FT tc4.. yes they fit but will they work?? is there pros and cons to either??

if it matters, running rubber tires, on carpet, stock motor

thanx in advance
I've done this too. I broke the rear hub out racing one day, and didn't have the part, so i asked around, and found someone with 2 Tc3's.They do work, and i've been using them for a while. The reason your spinning out is probably because you didn't adjust your turnbuckle along with the change. if you kept them the same, on of your tires is toeing fine, the other is either toeing in or out like a boss. thats your problem, the turnbuckle. You can probably get away with it, just adjusting it, and be running one tc4 and one tc3 hub, but i wouldn't recommend it. I found, the reason i was breaking my rear hubs is that they're simply too big. They rub the inside of a wheel. I have recently put the Tc4's back on though, which i'm somewhat worried about. I haven't found a way to avoid the problem, except by using the biggest wheels and tires i got. The Jaco Blues seem to be big enough, but only by about a couple milimeters. I played with the settings in the rear for hours, and i haven't found a way to counteract it. Anyone know how? I seemed to have sucess with the Tc3 hubs, as they went inward, and had space to spare. Do i need to just go put the tc3's back in and get spares of the Tc3? RacerB, if i was in your situation, i'd probably use another tc3 if you have one on the other side, and adjust the turnbuckles, as you probably have the same problem i do. Thanks
Dan
Old 01-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

You can always swap to the Losi rear hubs, I have yet to see one break. Theyre a beefier part... and have many other advantages over either of the Tc3/4 parts. This is the best pic i have of them right now. Ill post better ones later today.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You can always swap to the Losi rear hubs, I have yet to see one break. Theyre a beefier part... and have many other advantages over either of the Tc3/4 parts. This is the best pic i have of them right now. Ill post better ones later today.

Hm. Those look like they would do nicely. Any adjustments i could make to just resolve the space issue? Or just new parts?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Losi on the left, AE on the right.

The Losi rear hub is 0 degree toe, and no axle offset. It also uses vertical ballstuds. There are two Ackerman positions on the Losi front steering knuckle. You will never use the furthest one out, i just cut them off. You can also see more clearance for the dogbone to go though the Losi caster block, and its definitely chunkier than the AE offerings. Using both front and rear Losi assemblies also widens the car, and aids in stability.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've done similiar research some time ago: http://www.kajman.witam.net/rc/tc4/tc4_vs_xxxs/

As I drive losi more than tc4, I can say losi parts are stronger too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.