Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brandon's TC4 was hooked up! He was fly'n! I finished building mine at the track and made it in time for the 2nd qualifier. The car is very nice. I like it much better than the TC3. And mine has been uhh quite durable so far. I tested out the servo saver... it works quite well.. Like Brandon, I can't wait for the optional parts to come in. I may test it out on asphalt this coming weekend. Pending of course. I may only want to keep this car for carpet for time being...

Here's my TC4 with a few "other" tune ups....
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-tc4c1.jpg  
Old 10-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Default Speedie Phatt..

I have the same thing in mine. I guess it's the first run bugs. I'm sure they will fix these little nags.

Last edited by Nightbreed; 10-24-2004 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

That is why I am not getting the car for a while so you all can find out all of the problems and get them fixed and figured out before I get one. Thanks Guys.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any body having problems with the large diff. gears being too thick and not allowing the balls to seat properly?? I have one that the diffs. won't build right and there was another car bought from the same store that is the same!!

We mic'ed them and they are for sure thicker that the store bought ones!

Other than that the car ran good!!

Last edited by wannabee; 10-25-2004 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To clarify: The TC4 uses larger INNER hinge pins, but the same OUTER hinge pins as the TC3. That is why the caster blocks will work on both cars.

Not sure about the 'wobble' issue you guys are talking about. I'll check it tomorrow at work and find out what's going on. I'll have to check on the diff thickness' also. I just built a 'store bought boxed kit' to see if everything was good and it was.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

The diffs didn't build too well for me...When tightened enough so that they wouldn't slip, they were very stiff.

The drive train is also just as tight as my TC3 was out of the box, although I haven't played with shimming it any other way than the manual says yet. The bearings seem to seat better in the new diff cases, but the diff and pinion gears are too close and cause binding. Unfortunately, if I remember correctly there wasn't much space between the pinion and the diff case, so in order to shim it back enough I think I'm going to have to do some grinding. Exact same thing happened with my TC3.

I love the new steering, very smooth out of the box and it doesn't look like anything will get caught up in there.

Josh
Old 10-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Brandon Melton
51 - I noticed on the parts sheet it lists a lightened outdrive set. Will this be similar to the ones that are offered by AE for the B4, T4. I have some by another company but have never been a big fan of how long they last before getting gritty.
Yes, the lightened diffs are similar to the B4/T4/GT outdrives they have an area in the outdrives (opposite of the slots) that have been milled out, but not cut out. Plus behind the diff rings the excess material has been removed.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Speedo I had the same problem with the pinion gear rubbing on the case when I put the new cases in my TC3 I just had to shim them way different.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
Are you sure the pins are bigger? Tony said that the c-hubs from a TC3 would fit the TC4 that wouldnt be possable if the pins were different dia.
I used a TC3 hingepin in the left rear of my car when I built it. Just until I could get the outter hingepin set. There was a considerable amount of slop in the hub. I was slightly concerned, but now that I changed the pin, "it's all good."

Could the slop come from the fact that the TC3's pins are slightly tapered, where as the TC4's pins are not? Could they be different length's? I'm too lazy to measure tonight, so unless someone else would like to measure, we will just have to wait and see...

Tony, haha, ok, questions, here you go...
Sway bars: when? like, when possibally would Associated be shiping to distributers?
Graphite parts: when? when possibally would Associated be shiping to distributers?
4º and 2º 'C' carriers: when?...(same as the previous two...)
Locktite: Are later kits going to include locktite?
Steering: Talking with Steve Wang, and he said he was checking out your car. Noticed that the slop in my steering is about the same as yours... You have slop too? Do you see any point to rid the car of that slop?
Kick ass battery strap: Will that nice looking battery strap that was on your car be available in "standard" black woven graphite?
Carbon driveshaft: Any thoughts to bring back the carbon driveshaft?
Steering(again): If I were to move the ballstud(center, connecting to the servo saver arm) on the steering rack further back, would this create a more direct steering feel?
Me: Am I annoying you yet?(not intending to...)
HAHAHA.

By the way, has anyone else tried 1/2º(0.5º) of toe in the rear? My car still did not want to rotate through the corner. Felt kind of faster on the straight though... hahaha.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default Anyone have a setup for foam tires, stock, tight, smooth, ozite carpet track?

With the new shimm system, I'm at a loss.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default Is this where your arms are breaking?

This was from a tap, but then who knows. Angle, force and etc.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-pa250196.jpg  
Old 10-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

nightbreed... your photo is not clear.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

NIghtbreed it looks like you need to back up with the camera as the background is clear. Mine works the same way.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default It's my wifes D-camera...

I'm still trying to figure it out. If I back it off you can't see the detail. The battery is dead so I try to repost it later.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default Another try...

If you look close there is very little material around the broken area. You can see it by the cut-a-way view. Again the pic don't show it well. The pics deceiving and it looks like more material than there is.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-pa250197.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.