Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
my guess would be slow as hell. Dont have any 4 cell packs anyways, and have no interest in running one with 4 cells. Even if roar makes it a rule, you'll find most club races will still use 6 cell packs. I mean, that's the main reason why people come to TC, the speed. I think it would be a major mistake if they actually go to 4 cells because TC is already not near as popular as off road because it's so much more expensive to be competitive then it is in off road.
In modified you would find it a little slower, probably somewhere between modified and 19t speed on a large track. On a small track it might result in similar lap times.

In the stock and 19t classes, you can make a car go an equivalent speed simply by using a lower turn motor. A friend of mine spent the best part of a year using 4 cells only in his touring car, motor wear is considerably lower and his car was hard to keep up with through the tight sections because of the lower weight.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default FT TC4 cannot go straight.

I'm pretty new to this hobby and have problems with my FT TC4's as it always sway to the right. Had my car setup today and the toe and camber settings are all ok. But when I put it on track, it seems to go right. What could be wrong?

Regards.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kytan
I'm pretty new to this hobby and have problems with my FT TC4's as it always sway to the right. Had my car setup today and the toe and camber settings are all ok. But when I put it on track, it seems to go right. What could be wrong?

Regards.
The first thing that comes to mind is to adjust your steering trim on your radio. As hard as I try to get my servo centered and the servo horn positioned correctly, I still have to adjust the steering trim on my radio to get the car to track straight. Hope that helps.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

is it possible to use the yokomo one way with the tc3 / tc5? if so, what bearings are required as the associated dont fit over the yoke unit?

thanks, john
Old 01-08-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Grindog001
is it possible to use the yokomo one way with the tc3 / tc5? if so, what bearings are required as the associated dont fit over the yoke unit?

thanks, john
Go back to page 297 and start reading around the middle of the page. That may help you.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the quick tip LJae.

Some question for you:

1. Is there a recommend length for the steering rack turnbuckles? I've turned mine to the shortest just to get the steering rack centered. Am I doing the right thing?

2. Could the steering trim solve the problem of the car swaying right under hard acceleration?

3. According to the manual, the servo horn should be turned 3mm clockwise. That would mean that the steering actually move more clockwise as compared to turning the steering the other direction. Am I correct?

Excuse me for all these queries. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing with the steering.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by LJae
The first thing that comes to mind is to adjust your steering trim on your radio. As hard as I try to get my servo centered and the servo horn positioned correctly, I still have to adjust the steering trim on my radio to get the car to track straight. Hope that helps.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

kytan - Are you running a modified motor in your TC4? You might be experiencing some Torque Steer. It's not really noticable with stock motors, but with Mod and Brushless motors it becomes more of an issue. The only 100% cure all for Torque Steer is a belt driven car. That's one of the reasons so many AE fans can't wait for the new TC5.

Trim will only solve your problem if the car always pulls to the left at any speed. If it only occurs during acceleration it's most likely Torque Steer or Tweak.

Set up your steering the way stated in the manual. When the wheels are centered the steering horn should be pointing to 1 o'clock. This will make the steering more balanced from right to left.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

He is right, even with a stock motor i have a bit of torque steer. it is a characteristic of shaft driven cars, just like belt driven cars send to transfer weight from front to back quickly under acceleration, shaft drive cars do it side to side.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grindog001

thanks, john
You can use the Yokomo piece, YOKSP39386 on the TC3 and TC4. It comes with bearings so you are all set.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure no parts will be shared between the tc5 and the tc4.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kytan

Regards.

... a stock servo can be underpowered to center your steering... but it usually will wander in the last direction turned... wandering BOTH directions... also check to be sure your servo doesnt move... if you hit a board or wall and that force is transferred to the servo and the servo moves then you will have to recenter your radio again to make up for how much the servo moved in the mounts... also, check your servo saver to be sure it is tight.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCpurplecow
Considering the TC5 has looked pretty fast... I'd say that's a fair assumption.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Actually, there are some parts that will be compatible. A few include the shock bodies, VCS2, Springs, Ballcups, Tierods, Diff Hardware, Ballstuds, Body Posts.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure that AE isn't going to use different diff balls, drive cups, CVD's, shocks, springs, ball cups, tie rods...things to that nature. The biggests differences were obviously the chassis, control arms, shock towers, hub carriers and what not. I saw the car perform at the Novak race, and it did very well. seems like AE got it right on this one, very competitive car. But like i said, i'm sure there are alot of small parts that will be carried over from the TC4, just like there were things that were carried over from the TC3 to the TC4.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

The parts ShaunMac posted are what someone working at Associated said in the 'Rumours of an AE touring car' thread. The diff outputs a definately different, and seeing as they werent mentioned I'd say its pretty definate that the CVD's will be different too. Looks like AE have started from the ground up with this one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.