Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheech4
hey all im running into a problem i have a RTR TC4 i just upgraded the plastic outdrive to metal one, i got the diff rings and the out drives did the switcharoo. But when i put it all together the rear diff dont spin the tires just stays there and the front spin. I think my diff is too loose but i thought i tightened it really good. it seemd like the second i put in the ground to go the diff got loose, how do i keep the diff screw from getting loose, how do i keep the diff tight.
make sure you didnt strip out the t-nut...
Old 10-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

And you do have to build the steel diff differently to the plastic ones, else it will not work
Old 10-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well this is the first time im upgrading to the stell diff on this car so if you so kindly would explain what you mean by what you said??
Old 10-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheech4
hey all im running into a problem i have a RTR TC4 i just upgraded the plastic outdrive to metal one, i got the diff rings and the out drives did the switcharoo. But when i put it all together the rear diff dont spin the tires just stays there and the front spin. I think my diff is too loose but i thought i tightened it really good. it seemd like the second i put in the ground to go the diff got loose, how do i keep the diff screw from getting loose, how do i keep the diff tight.
the metal diff requires a differetn diff bolt than the plastic one. It is # 6575, and includes the Tnut u will need

You cannot use the bolt suppleid with the plastic diff as you cannot tighten the diff together.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i know i have the different bolt and the tnut. my problem is when i put it down and started driving only the front wheels were spinning so my guess was my rear diff came loose. i would like to know if someone here knows how to keep it from getting loose.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Steering slop

I have read in th is forum about the slop in the steering of a TC4. Does anyone know where/what page it was on? Has anyone tried to turn the servo, so it faces down like on some 1/8 scale on road cars. This would have the servo horn on the same plane as the steering mechanism; thus the servo would not be pulling up and pushing down on the steering mechanism.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

What is the gear ratio of the diffs in a FTTC4?

Last edited by WinnipegRacer; 10-28-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

vol, you may have read my post. I'm not happy with the slop in my FT TC4's steering. It somewhat defeats the purpose of buying a $130 digital servo.

You are correct, the slop is because the steering hub connection is much lower than the servo arm connection. The servo is forcing that hub up and down, and there is a lot of slop movement before the hub can generate force up and down. And yes, the fix is to mount the servo higher (detrimental to pretty much everything) or rotate its mounting orientation to a vertical one (detrimental to pretty much everything).

Since neither of these is a good and easy fix, I'm just going to buy a different car. I've got my eye on the T2'007. It's amazing how spending another $100 gets me a car that is leaps ahead of the FT TC4.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Adamge,

Thanks for the info. Good luck with the 007. I use my TC4 for a club Johnson silver can class. I have a T1 FK05, I bought used. It is a nice car.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

what tires do you guys use for racing
Old 10-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

hey what tires do you guys use for racing
Old 10-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattster
hey what tires do you guys use for racing
tires are very track dependent... best bet would be to askt he local club guys where you race for tire advice... if you want a ballpark suggestion then reply here with a descripion of the track conditions, relative traction level, and track size...
Old 11-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys, i busted the tub car out of the closet for some laps on the rug this weekend... with a few changes to it. I mounted the rear shocks on the front of the rear tower... similar to the RDX... it handled pretty decent. It transferred weight much faster and tweaked out easier than before. Im gonna make some custom inner camber link mounts for the ballstuds during the week. Ill post some pics up late tomorrow of my progress so far.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by adamge
vol, you may have read my post. I'm not happy with the slop in my FT TC4's steering. It somewhat defeats the purpose of buying a $130 digital servo.

You are correct, the slop is because the steering hub connection is much lower than the servo arm connection. The servo is forcing that hub up and down, and there is a lot of slop movement before the hub can generate force up and down. And yes, the fix is to mount the servo higher (detrimental to pretty much everything) or rotate its mounting orientation to a vertical one (detrimental to pretty much everything).

Since neither of these is a good and easy fix, I'm just going to buy a different car. I've got my eye on the T2'007. It's amazing how spending another $100 gets me a car that is leaps ahead of the FT TC4.
Try a few small rubber bands... sounds ghetto, but it is quite effective for reducing slop in the steering.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-ftband2.jpg  
Old 11-05-2006, 04:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Hey guys, i busted the tub car out of the closet for some laps on the rug this weekend... with a few changes to it. I mounted the rear shocks on the front of the rear tower... similar to the RDX... it handled pretty decent. It transferred weight much faster and tweaked out easier than before. Im gonna make some custom inner camber link mounts for the ballstuds during the week. Ill post some pics up late tomorrow of my progress so far.

Dave cool to see your still running some. Frederick and the asphalt are calling you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.