R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #8791
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing

I'm running a 75 at the moment, it may be possible to run upto about a 78 with some light sanding of the slots for the spur
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:52 AM   #8792
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If I were to purchase the TC4 from Associated at $199 US, what else would I have to get to make the car competitive with all the others?
zacabrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:35 AM   #8793
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing

Springs and possibly shock oil, the TC4 is still a very competitive car.

Also I would get some spare hubs (I found the rear ones were fairly easy to break, though I did hit boards
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:45 AM   #8794
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Ben,

What about the ITF Chassis that everyone takes about, would I need that replacement chassis or does it come in the kit now? Also does the kit come with a one way/spool or would I have to get them as well. I am starting to get much more competitive with my racing now, finished 9th at the QLD titles with an FK05 Xray that had one broken shock and the other three were missing inserts that I was only made aware of a week later.

The point is I am looking to get a new kit to race as competitively as I can without having to change for at least 6 to 12 months, so I need to spend wisely. Im also on a budget so that will impact on what I get.

What is parts supply like for the TC4 as well, is there a good o/s site or somewhere in Aus that supports AE at decent prices?

At the moment Im tossing up between
XRAY T2 007 EU - ITSC Champ Edition Cyclone - Top Racing Scythe - FT TC4 - Tamiya EVO 5 & MRH Edition TRF 415 and the new Kyosho Stallion. I was also looking at the Schumacher MI2 EC.

I raced Associated RC 10 about 20 years ago in Sydney at St Ives, when I got back into this hobby in QLD I started with a NTC3. I really have a soft spot for AE cars but I need to get as much feedback as possible to make my decision.

I appreciate you help
zacabrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:09 PM   #8795
Tech Adept

The ITF chassis would probably benefit you racing outdoors on asphalt, but the car will run pretty well without it. I'd suggest trying the car for a few months first, then buying the ITF extras if you think it'd help.

If I were you I'd definately get the Associated VCS2 Shock kit. This just makes the shocks use a diaphragm system instead of the weird internal foam system as standard. It will save you a lot of time and hassle and its only around $15 or so. If you're racing stock or 19t I'd suggest trying to get hold of some Square RC delrin diff outdrives too (at least for the front). I found I could break the front composite ones if I touched a corner when on full lock, even when I barely hit a marking. On my car I also use the IRS Composite dogbones with pincushions for stock and 19t. The wear where the pin goes through at the wheel-end is almost non-existent and you're saving weight at the same time. I only ran the standard aluminium ones for a few meetings and they started showing signs of wear.

The car won't need much to make it competetive, you could win finals with it straight out of the box.

HTH,

Ralph
ralph_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:44 PM   #8796
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i love my TC4, Just got me a few upgrades for it like them team blue star shocks, HGI outdrives and alloy cvd's and a spektrum radio. seems like a totally different car now. Now i just need a great motor any suggestions for a great 19 spec motor? checkpoint money?, orion element?, quad mag?
Old 10-21-2006, 07:55 AM   #8797
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375
Default Spool or Solid Axle

Just wondering if anyone knew where you can buy a TC4 Spool (part no: 1703) from? I have looked everywhere and there seems to be none available. I have found places that sell the NTC3 spool (part no:1704) i was wondering how different the spools are? or can they be interchanged?

Also, has anyone tried running a 'losi' type spool in the TC4 Ft??? (sand paper/friction type spool, rather than locked?) I don't want to venture down this path, but I really need a spool???

Help, anyone???
Awesomatix A800 - Sanwa M12S - R1 wurks - Team Silverbak Lipos - Muchmore - Axon
==========================================================
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #8798
Tech Adept

IRS make a tc3/4 spool. The Ntc3 diffs are the same except the outdrives are much longer, so I doubt a spool for them would fit.
ralph_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #8799
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

Right now the IRS spool is the only option for the tc4.

Just checked the distributor and it says the restock date is 10/30
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:01 PM   #8800
Tech Adept

It does seem to be hard to get any hop up parts fot the tc4/FT I have been looking for irs diff out drives.
i.a.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #8801
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I've got an IRS Spool which is basically new.. only used once for 4 minutes of practice in a stock tc3. Make me an offer and it's yours, paypal only please
P.S. I'll take a picture and PM it to you if you'd like
Old 10-21-2006, 01:35 PM   #8802
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375

Thansk for the replies guys. With regards to the IRS Spool, do you need to run the pin cushions?(and do the Pin cushions fit on the standard cvds that come with the FT version) Or are they optional? Also, what is the wear on the outdrives like with the IRS Spool? (running mod) Do I need to buy a few?

Thanks in advance.
Awesomatix A800 - Sanwa M12S - R1 wurks - Team Silverbak Lipos - Muchmore - Axon
==========================================================
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #8803
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The wear will be just like the normal aluminum IRS outdrives. Pin coushins aren't necessary, but highly suggested on any aluminum outdrive.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:17 PM   #8804
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Back when I had the TC3 I use the Losi pads to make a spool. I thought it worked ok.

Kraig
KT Hobbies

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:39 PM   #8805
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TC4 diff problem

hey all im running into a problem i have a RTR TC4 i just upgraded the plastic outdrive to metal one, i got the diff rings and the out drives did the switcharoo. But when i put it all together the rear diff dont spin the tires just stays there and the front spin. I think my diff is too loose but i thought i tightened it really good. it seemd like the second i put in the ground to go the diff got loose, how do i keep the diff screw from getting loose, how do i keep the diff tight.