R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-06-2006, 08:30 AM   #8731
Tech Initiate

hi,

i hope u didnt forget the ballbearings and your shims:-) take a look...

Also rebuild the bones and use some blackgreese or the tamiya antigreese.

I hope it help u...

Greetings
Marcel
BlueSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #8732
Tech Adept

Let me clarify real quick so we are on the same page.

I converted my stock diff into a solid diff by removing the ball bearings from the gear. It works great. A local racer gave me the tip.

Well, I damaged my output drives last week. I figured that is what the sound was from. So I got the new lightened steel output shafts. I got it put back together and it is still making the noise. The noise only occurs when I turn hard one way or the other. If I turn my EPA on my radio down to 65% I don't hear it. But that limits my turning pretty bad.

I rebuilt the cvd's also. I'll try more grease.

Last edited by bigair78; 09-06-2006 at 10:05 AM.
bigair78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #8733
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to gofastrlbrown
Default Keep Looking!!!

I hate that you are having these problems. Have you run it with the body off of it. Can you run it on a stand and still hear the noise? You may look at the droop settings and the riding height.
Best of luck, Roger
gofastrlbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #8734
Tech Adept

Could it be the pin that slides through the end of the cvd rubbing the inside of the carrier? It looks as though it is sticking out just a bit.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #8735
Tech Master

Default Carpet

Does any one still use the tc4 on carpet,I am thinking of trying one out also what type of chassies is the best for this form of racing.I was told that the tub is better for carpet.Can some one give me some imput I am racing 19turn and stock.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:44 AM   #8736
Tech Initiate

thats what i mean when i say, rebuild the cardans (bones). the littel pin is something strange, take out the little screw a little bit and move the cardan right...left...up and down and hold the little pin in two fingers...then tighten the little pin...

man i must go back to shool and learn more english, sorry but i hope u know what i mean:-)
BlueSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:29 AM   #8737
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local racer
Does any one still use the tc4 on carpet,I am thinking of trying one out also what type of chassies is the best for this form of racing.I was told that the tub is better for carpet.Can some one give me some imput I am racing 19turn and stock.
I raced my TC4 FT on carpet the other day and it wasn't losing anything through the chassis design. I took it almost back to the stock front diff setup but with 50wt oil front and didn't change it till I'd already won the first two finals. It was a mixed motor class - I ran 19t and everybody that finished above me except one person (awesomely good) was using modified or brushless. I'm no slower with this car than if I was running a T2 or Cyclone. The car felt a little unresponsive going into corners compared to a friends T2, but I should be able to sort this by getting some slop out of the steering and altering the setup. Either way it doesnt really slow it down.

As for tub or carbon, I couldn't really tell you as I haven't run both. The tub probably wouldn't lose much on the carbon version, but I'm pretty sure its heavier. Make your choice...
ralph_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:22 AM   #8738
Tech Master

Default Thanks

Was that on foam or rubber tires I run on foam,
Old 09-07-2006, 03:16 PM   #8739
Tech Adept

That was rubber tyres on a largish indoor track with medium grip. As I said, the car wasnt spot on, but it was easy enough to drive and I could race alongside other cars without feeling very edgy. Overtook once or twice on the sweeper off the straight.
ralph_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #8740
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My mate still runs his cf tub'd TC4 on carpet with foams, it goes really well. I havent manged to blag a shot of it yet (sticks for me, wheelie for him ) but it keeps up with my foam spec Mi2 most weeks. Here's the basic setup he uses on the car indoors, we dont use additive at the club so no need for really heavy springs. [click]
Old 09-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #8741
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigair78
Let me clarify real quick so we are on the same page.

I converted my stock diff into a solid diff by removing the ball bearings from the gear. It works great. A local racer gave me the tip.

Well, I damaged my output drives last week. I figured that is what the sound was from. So I got the new lightened steel output shafts. I got it put back together and it is still making the noise. The noise only occurs when I turn hard one way or the other. If I turn my EPA on my radio down to 65% I don't hear it. But that limits my turning pretty bad.

I rebuilt the cvd's also. I'll try more grease.
Team Associated just replied to my problem with this:

Make sure that your servo is not over-steering the steering block. This would cause a slight binding in the driveline as the CVDs are at an extreme angle.

Now how do I do this? By turning down my epa on my controller?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #8742
Tech Adept

Default Update!!!!

Just a quick update. 40 bucks later and it is still binding some where.

Today I replaced all the bearings in the front. I also replace the bearing spacers in the carriers. I replaced the carrier on one side.

I bought a diff rebuild kit. I rebuilt the diffs. The only thing I haven't replaced are the axles themselves and the hobby shop was out of them.

Any other suggestions?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:09 PM   #8743
Tech Adept

Ok, I swapped the rear cvd's to the front and it is doing the same thing.

It is only when the wheels are turned. Any suggestions?
Old 09-08-2006, 01:36 AM   #8744
Tech Adept

Team driver put a 0.020 shim on the steering blocks to reduce steering throw.
The tc4 turn to much for the CVDs.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC4-steering.jpg  
S_fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:51 AM   #8745
Tech Adept

How do you mount it.