R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #8521
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to bummy

i would have to say at the moment the best race/rtr package is the losi xxx-s
novak esc , jr radio. very good package, and cheaper then the tc4 not buy much about 80 bucks
bummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #8522
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So whats the best use for the ITF chassis ?

During the summer we run on a pretty hooked up asphalt surface. Do you guys think that I will get more tuning ability from this setup other then just removing all the standoffs and spine on the stock FT chassis ?
Buckyaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:24 AM   #8523
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen
Don't normally comment in here but I'm gonna on this statement.

NONE of AE's design team has left the company. In fact, we've added a few more. And yes, we are working on new stuff. And yes, it DOES take some time to get stuff out only because we ARE AE. It needs to be the best it can be before it is produced. (flame suit on). The TC4 was a, ummm, problem child from the beginning (even in the TC3 days). We did the best we could with what we had.

The basic 'problem' is this. Back in the TC3 days there were only a few car cars that were good...the TC3 just happened to be good enough to win. Now everyone else has stepped up and created purpose-built racers...not RTR/Race cars. The TC4, unfortunatley, was designed as a RTR/Race car....compromising a full blown race car to fit the RTR needs. We understand, in this now full-blown-race-car-world, that that is not the way we need to do business. Things will change.

On your other note, drivers have left. In most business', you have your up times and your down times. In the on-road division, this is our down time....but the drivers won't/can't stand being in that position, so they leave. Good thing and bad thing, IMO. We'll be in the up time again....

PeteB: You weren't 'missing' the battery straps...they are a separate purchase. Part #31126. As the FT TC4 was an attempt at a full-blown race car, we left the battery straps out in favor of tape slots (as most full-blown race cars have shifted to).
oh yes, AE's reign will once again come...and oh how "the streets shall flow with the blood of the unbelievers!"
Old 05-23-2006, 09:29 AM   #8524
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

PeteB, judging from your pictures you appear to have a 3Racing conversion chassis TC4. The chassis looks like it has the correct hole and slot to use the #31126 AE FT TC4 Battery strap so that will work.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #8525
Tech Regular

Right this is to the racers in here from the UK , i will be shortly getting my hands on a TC4 FT and need some setup advice for running on outdoor likes Ashby, Bedworth, Stafford, Broxtowe, Wrexham. All and any advice is welcome as i will need all i can get after racing tamiya's for years and coming back into racing after nearly a year off.

Why did i get a TC4 FT well i always go far better with a shaft drive car in the stock class ( 27t ) for some reason.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:19 PM   #8526
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAL
oh yes, AE's reign will once again come...and oh how "the streets shall flow with the blood of the unbelievers!"
I don't really get some of these posts... Are folks saying the a FT TC4 is not up to the competition???

I think they are pretty good but I'm not really experienced...
B4Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:54 PM   #8527
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4Bandit
I don't really get some of these posts... Are folks saying the a FT TC4 is not up to the competition???

I think they are pretty good but I'm not really experienced...
The car up for the competition! It just is the driver up for it or not . If you put in the time, the car will be there.

That why you still see guy with tc3, fko4 and xxx-s at club rcaes. They have put in the work with one car and it work for them.

Not like the car of the week guy. That can not run with anything .
Old 05-23-2006, 10:55 PM   #8528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Last edited by bhambrent; 05-31-2006 at 05:59 PM.
bhambrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:27 AM   #8529
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM03GT
PeteB, judging from your pictures you appear to have a 3Racing conversion chassis TC4. The chassis looks like it has the correct hole and slot to use the #31126 AE FT TC4 Battery strap so that will work.
Thanks AMO3GT,
Now all I have to do is find someone who can sell me just the posts... I really dont want to spend $25 or so for the #31126 kit, when if it came down to it I could just use a long screw (couldnt everyone - sorry bad joke) as it has a counter-sunk screw hole on the underside of the chassis, combined with a lock nut to secure the brace.

Cheers

Pete
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #8530
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendracer_uk
Right this is to the racers in here from the UK , i will be shortly getting my hands on a TC4 FT and need some setup advice for running on outdoor likes Ashby, Bedworth, Stafford, Broxtowe, Wrexham. All and any advice is welcome as i will need all i can get after racing tamiya's for years and coming back into racing after nearly a year off.

Why did i get a TC4 FT well i always go far better with a shaft drive car in the stock class ( 27t ) for some reason.
Try sending a message to Associated from rc10.com . I managed to get dreschers snowbirds setup this way, though it took them a couple of weeks to get hold of it. Make it clear which tracks you want it for though . Can't help much myself as I race indoor carpet.
ralph_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:36 AM   #8531
Tech Adept

I finally got around to fitting the Platinum LiPo in the TC4 FT. The chassis is milled out .060 to a rectangle the shape of the battery. A snug fitting tray is then mounted to the surface. I have been making this setup for a while in offroad with excellent results. All 2.5mm carbon fiber. Chassis, tray, battery strap, swivel posts and thumbscrew are 74.00 plus 4.50 shipping in the US. Email me if interested carbonworks@tds.net
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC4-tc4-ft-001done.jpg  
CarbonWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:36 PM   #8532
Tech Regular

quick question...im gonna buy some alumminium transmission cases for my tc4...will that efect my drifting? cuz the weight?
aquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:43 AM   #8533
Tech Initiate

Will these wheels fit tc4? and abs tires?
yok http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWD72&P=7
proline http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHEP3&P=7
CaptEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:24 PM   #8534
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing

Yes both those rims will fit, with the ABS you mey need to get 2 layers on the rims to prevent the chassis from scraping, but it depends on the thickness of the pipe
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #8535
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I see a lot of racers use Losi rear hubs. Which one will fit? The ones from XXX-S or JRX-S?