Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

WHATEVA!!!! WE RUN WUT WE WANT!!! shoe goo on the batteries is an old school offroad trick. Packs dont tend to get as hot but they can bounce around some.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by moonman
I think the TC4 isn't a real racing car. To me racing cars are made of alloy and carbon and not cheap plastic. Sure it performs well on the track but it dosen't look like a top level racing car and all the plastic make it feel toyish when looking at it. To me a nice quality looking car is important.

The trend now is towards carbon and machined aluminum type cars. So I think Associated really need to do something more with the factory team than putting on some composite chassis parts, titanium links and blue motor mount.

It seems to take some time before the FT is out so that might indicate that they are making som more changes but if they just put on the graphite parts that's a very cheap sales trick.
Your joking right?

Surely the definition of a racing car is a car that can race competitively. I wouldn't be suprised if the TC4 takes a worlds championship this year and if it did then how could you not say it was a racing car!

I understand that if you buy cars like the Xray purely because they look nice on your pit table then the TC4 isn't for you. However on the track it is a fantastic piece of engineering. Who needs Carbon Fibre when you have non-tweaking graphite tubs?

Seriously though, to me cars can look nice or a bit plain but the prove is in the performance.

I can almost 100% gurantee that the FT version will be a graphite/blue alloy version of the Team kit. If you really have to have CF go buy a BMI chassis, I expect a TC4 version will come out anyway

Anyways get a decent bodyshell and your looks problem is solved.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

man people these days are all about lexury
Old 10-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hell, schumacher makes one of the nicest looking cars out there....i ran one for 3 years......but i wouldnt try running it on carpet with foams, id rather a tub chassis any day.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: flame them if you want, but they....

Originally posted by Nightbreed
work and work well! I use 6 different foam densities in two sets to provide different dampening combinations. It's very easy, no messy oil and they are light. It works for smooth tracks, but outside on bumpy tracks it don't work well.
All your b****ing and moaning about the car basically lost all it's credability when you showed us you used those shocks.Give me a break.I suppose you want AE to replace what they are using now with those.

The AE shock although a pain, work in ALL conditions.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

The day they start making rc car for looks instead of performance will be the day I stop racing. Whether the tc4 or any other rc car is a racing car or not is a matter the definition of race car. We can argue all we want but it won't go any where. All I know is when they are making rc car base on looks and not performce will be the day I quit racing.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

if ur batts are gettin hot enough to worry about some shoe goo, ur proberly over charging them.

i have shoe goo'd them together for years....no problems.

as far as the tc4 looking like a 'toy'...i dont care what the car looks like....it seems that all your interested in is the 'bling factor' i'd rather have an all black molded graphite car, than the aluminum battery strap, or aluminum hex hubs, or aluminum cvd's at that....simple fact, plastic/graphite is lighter than aluminum = faster

xrays are fast, and look nice, but u dont need pretty to be fast

AND, the car associated has out now (tc4) is not a factory team...it is a team car WITH threaded shock bodies, and, alot of parts that only came on the f/t version before
Old 10-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Bob Barry
WHATEVA!!!! WE RUN WUT WE WANT!!! shoe goo on the batteries is an old school offroad trick. Packs dont tend to get as hot but they can bounce around some.
Yeah I know I used to do it too with my offroad packs but then discovers they heated up quicker with the goo.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Andy M

What I mean is that the racing car is the top level product from that company, their flagship product. If you look at other business segments they often makes a product for the masses but also a more exclusive version of that same product for the ones that want the best featuring better materials etc..

I mean that serious racers would wan't a more exclusive product. The TC4 is too much plastic for me. For a race car I would want machined parts for precision, carbonfibre parts for stiffness and light weight etc..

Besides how can it take one year (if the rumors are true) to get out the FT if it's just the same parts molded from graphite plastic.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Sure I push my batteries as much as the next guy when running stock.

Have you ever run mod TC on carpet? Feel a battery after that work out and see how you feel about shoe goo. Low charge rate keep temp down then drain the hell out of it with a 9turn = hot hot
Old 10-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by moonman
Andy M

What I mean is that the racing car is the top level product from that company, their flagship product. If you look at other business segments they often makes a product for the masses but also a more exclusive version of that same product for the ones that want the best featuring better materials etc..

I mean that serious racers would wan't a more exclusive product. The TC4 is too much plastic for me. For a race car I would want machined parts for precision, carbonfibre parts for stiffness and light weight etc..

Besides how can it take one year (if the rumors are true) to get out the FT if it's just the same parts molded from graphite plastic.
maybe they could be looking into making a carbon car....hopefully, guess we all gotta stay tuned huh?
Old 10-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

europe = tamiya stick with that, _Lots of fiber and alum._
Old 10-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

They will release the FT later to make more money of FT parts !! Alot of people running a Team TC4 will want to upgrade to FT specs so they will buy the parts costing them well over the amount a FT kit would cost.

I think the tc4 is sweet and looks sweet carbo fiber plate is just way to tweak happy for me
Old 10-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

i guess....mine werent that bad tho...only problem i had was those damn plastic diffs.... but thats another topic
Old 10-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

you guys are all about FT parts and Ft cars. but a well tuned team car and good driver will out run a FT anytime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.