R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #8071
Tech Regular
 
i_got_m8_4_$85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to i_got_m8_4_$85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4kid191
we all are
AT least im not the only one,

and thank you dave, one last question,

pro dive and kickup is when the front or rear arm mount is higher on that end of the car?
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #8072
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,360
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

Pro-Dive/Kick-up is the exact opposite of Anti-Dive/Anti-Squat.

With Pro-Drive/Kick-up the rear hingepin mount is higher than the front one at that end of the car causing the arms (front or rear) to angle or slope towards the front bumper.

With Anti-Dive/Anti-Squat the front hingepin mount is higher than the rear one at that end of the car causing the arms (front or rear) to angle or slope towards the rear bumper.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #8073
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,149
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

In case anyone is interested, one of my buddies is selling a BMI TC4 Chassis kit for 70.00. PM me for details. He does have a pic posted up in the for sale section.

Thanks
Bob
__________________
Tekno|Schumacher|JConcepts|AMain|ProTek|RRP|LutzRC|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #8074
Tech Regular
 
i_got_m8_4_$85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to i_got_m8_4_$85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
Pro-Dive/Kick-up is the exact opposite of Anti-Dive/Anti-Squat.

With Pro-Drive/Kick-up the rear hingepin mount is higher than the front one at that end of the car causing the arms (front or rear) to angle or slope towards the front bumper.

With Anti-Dive/Anti-Squat the front hingepin mount is higher than the rear one at that end of the car causing the arms (front or rear) to angle or slope towards the rear bumper.
thank you very much
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #8075
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal21
i've got hpi wheels and i cant lock them on my tc4 because there isnt enough room for the wrench. do you have any tips on that? also i have the wrench that was provided with the kit. what do you guys use to take on/off your wheels?

can anyone answer this??
signal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #8076
Tech Regular
 
i_got_m8_4_$85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to i_got_m8_4_$85
Default

i use the team losi wrench for the tires, but anything will probably be good, or at least better than the kit one, the full wrench makes it alot easier to tighten the wheels so they do not fall off, it also goes further back inside of it if thats the problem your having,


also another tip that i use, mabe you know about it already, if you put your wheel nuts on backward (with the nylon on the inside toward the tire) it never comes off, never
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:08 AM   #8077
eg
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal21
i've got hpi wheels and i cant lock them on my tc4 because there isnt enough room for the wrench. do you have any tips on that? also i have the wrench that was provided with the kit. what do you guys use to take on/off your wheels?
I get the wrench that came with the kit and use a dremel to sand it's outer perimeter to the desired size needed to make it fit in hole.
eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:13 AM   #8078
Tech Elite
 
ALBERTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
Posts: 2,986
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to ALBERTO Send a message via Yahoo to ALBERTO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_got_m8_4_$85
i use the team losi wrench for the tires, but anything will probably be good, or at least better than the kit one, the full wrench makes it alot easier to tighten the wheels so they do not fall off, it also goes further back inside of it if thats the problem your having,


also another tip that i use, mabe you know about it already, if you put your wheel nuts on backward (with the nylon on the inside toward the tire) it never comes off, never
who gave you that ingenis idea????????
__________________
still fishing
ALBERTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:16 AM   #8079
Tech Regular
 
i_got_m8_4_$85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to i_got_m8_4_$85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBERTO
who gave you that ingenis idea????????
Paul

this probably isnt the place to post this but ill say it anyway,

on a pulsar 2 when it says set discharge votage is that the cutoff voltage?
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #8080
eg
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know why the rear diff on the FTC4 have to be rebuilt so frequently? Even if you just re-lubricate the diff; after a day of racing it's extremely gritty again. I usually have to replace the balls and then it will last me 3 to 4 weekends of racing.
eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #8081
Tech Master
 
AM03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,007
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg
Does anyone know why the rear diff on the FTC4 have to be rebuilt so frequently? Even if you just re-lubricate the diff; after a day of racing it's extremely gritty again. I usually have to replace the balls and then it will last me 3 to 4 weekends of racing.
in my experience, the plastic diffs are a little more finicky because the outdrives can flex. once i build a new plastic diff i recheck it after every run or two and keep resetting it until it stays consistent... ive had my plastic diff in the car for over 10 days of practice/racing and its still fine...

the steel diffs are wonderful... build them once, recheck/reset them 1-3 times at most, and they stay butter smooth for eons... the last one i had in my car went 4 months before i took it out cause i had a few bad spills that wore the outdrives...
__________________
Associated // Reedy // Radiopost // XP Digital // Parma PSE // Integy
AM03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #8082
Tech Regular
 
tc4kid191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: What is OUR world is coming to??
Posts: 465
Send a message via AIM to tc4kid191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg
Does anyone know why the rear diff on the FTC4 have to be rebuilt so frequently? Even if you just re-lubricate the diff; after a day of racing it's extremely gritty again. I usually have to replace the balls and then it will last me 3 to 4 weekends of racing.
steel solves all...
tc4kid191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #8083
eg
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM03GT
in my experience, the plastic diffs are a little more finicky because the outdrives can flex. once i build a new plastic diff i recheck it after every run or two and keep resetting it until it stays consistent... ive had my plastic diff in the car for over 10 days of practice/racing and its still fine...

the steel diffs are wonderful... build them once, recheck/reset them 1-3 times at most, and they stay butter smooth for eons... the last one i had in my car went 4 months before i took it out cause i had a few bad spills that wore the outdrives...
How tight do you set your diffs? Maybe I'm running my rear diff to loose..
eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:41 PM   #8084
Tech Addict
 
bummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: bathurst nsw
Posts: 525
Send a message via MSN to bummy
Default

I LIKE THE alloy diff. out drives. seem to work great for me.
bummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #8085
Tech Master
 
AM03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,007
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg
How tight do you set your diffs? Maybe I'm running my rear diff to loose..
i set my diffs on the car... install and tighten per manual instructions, fully tighten and back out half turn or so... in the car remove a camber link and wheel on the side where the adjustment screw head is... long side for plastic diffs, short side for steel...

i grab the remaining wheel/tire and put my thumb on the spur gear, then i use the wheel i removed and put it back on the hex so i can get some leverage and i try to turn it... if it doesnt slip i loosen it an 1/8 turn and repeat... loosening till it just slips, then retighten about 1/8th turn... if the first "test" is slipping then i go the other way... tighten 1/8 turn till its tight, then back down an 1/8th...

once done the diff should be super smooth...
__________________
Associated // Reedy // Radiopost // XP Digital // Parma PSE // Integy
AM03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 08:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 02:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 08:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 01:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:33 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0