R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #7951
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

I will try that, Im also going to try copper/blue instend of sliver...sliver seems a little bit tooo loose for me.

I did not understand what you said towards the end there...
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #7952
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Barch
Auctually Im from Warren, but I just put Sterling Heights (Where I Drive, Race my Tc4).

Yes I was running at Larrys (Carpet). I used Jaco Foams, not sure on how much they were trued down, what everyone else was running really. I also used Prima foams, and some others I was not sure what kind.

I asked how I should apply the traction action, they said FULL rear, Half front. Which I did, still was no luck. The tires I were using were clean all around, and I let the tire traction sit for a good 10-15 minutes after applying (what I heard your supposed to do).

I was racing Stock Class, just got out of Rookie. I don't think that matters on how my car was running though.
Traction Action is actually difficult to use as it is very tricky. You have to be precise with how long the stuff sits on the tires...I played with it for 1 month and had no luck so i switched back to Jack the Gripper.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #7953
Tech Master

Quote:
This is an excellent place to start at Larry's. This is the set-up sheet that I recommend before. The only change to it I made was I went stiff on the springs all the way around.

If your car is still sliding at Larry's with this set-up, there is an issue with your tires or the traction compound and NOT the car. You will probably want to loosen the car up a little from this set-up for stock as I did but going with stiffer springs.

Personally, I wouldn't mess with dual rate as a tuning aid to stop the rear from sliding out on you. If you have to mess with the dual rate to do this, then there is something way off on the set-up of the car. You are detter off fixing the problem with the car and not the radio.

Sway bars are also not going to make a big enough of a differnce to stop the rear from coming out.

Try the Barry Baker set-up and go from there. You should be happy with it! I loved it. The car was planted and had a ton a steering. Actually it was glued a little too well too the track!
Old 02-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #7954
Tech Master

Michael,
Why are you running rubber tires at Larry's?
Old 02-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #7955
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Im running rubbers because there a cheaper solution for me.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #7956
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XMSRacing Send a message via Yahoo to XMSRacing

Anyone have a good setup for a really green track? (track just switched layouts) Stock rubber... CS 27's.

And I was going to try out my new one-way this Sunday too... guess I'll save that till some groove is layed down!
XMSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:34 PM   #7957
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

Well I just was sick of my TC4 tonight, I got it Semi Setup good, but it just was not fast and smooth enough. I used a friend of mines 04 XRay, and what do you know...

1st Place TQ
1st Place A-Main

I LOVE these things (XRays), Im ordering one tonight. Im not giving up on the TC4, its just the XRays are so much easier to setup, easier to get to parts (Change/Fix parts), I found there alot tougher than the RC10's too...

Im going to keep working on the TC4 setup and maybe try running 19T Rubber Class and keep my XRay for Stock Class (Foams).

Thanks for all the help guys. By the way I put Copper Front, Purple Rear, it helped alot with the sliding rear end, but it still does it some what. I yet to change up the Shims to the correct sizes, but Im just soo happy I won tonight, no matter what car it was!

-Mike.
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:40 PM   #7958
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to tc4kid191

Quote:
Well I just was sick of my TC4 tonight, I got it Semi Setup good, but it just was not fast and smooth enough. I used a friend of mines 04 XRay, and what do you know...

1st Place TQ
1st Place A-Main

I LOVE these things (XRays), Im ordering one tonight. Im not giving up on the TC4, its just the XRays are so much easier to setup, easier to get to parts (Change/Fix parts), I found there alot tougher than the RC10's too...

Im going to keep working on the TC4 setup and maybe try running 19T Rubber Class and keep my XRay for Stock Class (Foams).

Thanks for all the help guys. By the way I put Copper Front, Purple Rear, it helped alot with the sliding rear end, but it still does it some what. I yet to change up the Shims to the correct sizes, but Im just soo happy I won tonight, no matter what car it was!

-Mike.
we lost another one...lol
tc4kid191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #7959
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to nmt6789

The associated guys are dropping like flies...
nmt6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #7960
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

maybe i shouldn't get one... but i still want a shaft drive car that has ball diffs front and rear (i can't drive a front one-way car ), but the TC4 is the only one that i know of that comes with ball diffs front and rear. what do i do!!
Old 02-12-2006, 03:45 AM   #7961
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

To all those who are going to a different car because thier tc4 "handles like ____". First, I am not going to say there isn't any problems with the tc4, because like any car there is. My biggist problem with the car is that the drive train is too heavy. So I fixed it. I run ewippler's carbon shaft, irs aluminum input shafts, composite cvd's and either irs litedrives or the composite outdrives. The drivetrain is not so heavy anymore. This is just an example. I figured out what the problem was and then fixed it. No car is perfect, I don't care what anyone tells you. Almost everyone drives a little different so setup changes affect different people differently. Face the facts, if you can't make the car you have "handle" what makes you think that you will be able to make a different car "handle". I am not trying to start any wars, if you want a different car then by all means indulge yourself. Just remember that you will have to set that car up as well.
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:09 AM   #7962
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Hmmmm

Got the car in september.Spent our first race series sorting the car.My work schedule doesn't allow practice days.The car is very fast if set up properly.Am currently battling for first place in our winter series.Running with acouple of RDX's,XrayFK's and T2's.You do have to spend some time as on any car.Carpet with foams,start with the stock setup and go from there.Fine tune for your driving style/conditions.Just my 2 cents.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #7963
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilerian
To all those who are going to a different car because thier tc4 "handles like ____". First, I am not going to say there isn't any problems with the tc4, because like any car there is. My biggist problem with the car is that the drive train is too heavy. So I fixed it. I run ewippler's carbon shaft, irs aluminum input shafts, composite cvd's and either irs litedrives or the composite outdrives. The drivetrain is not so heavy anymore. This is just an example. I figured out what the problem was and then fixed it. No car is perfect, I don't care what anyone tells you. Almost everyone drives a little different so setup changes affect different people differently. Face the facts, if you can't make the car you have "handle" what makes you think that you will be able to make a different car "handle". I am not trying to start any wars, if you want a different car then by all means indulge yourself. Just remember that you will have to set that car up as well.
Very true. I ran my FT TC4 for many weeks. I actually had a BMI version and the stock FT version. They do work for me but I decided to try a belt car and went with the Cyclone.

The main differance I found was the belt car applied the throttle smoother overall (not better just smoother) which in return helped me to be more consistant overall. Being more consistant made me run faster laptimes overall. I still like the FT alot. Mike Blackstock said pretty much the same thing about his new belt car. He never said the TC4 was bad he just said it was easier for him to drive the belt car smoother and more consistant.

I think the shaft car applies the power so quickly that it can make it a little harder to run. This is my findings overall. Like always Associated and all other teams are always working on new stuff to make their cars better so I'm sure Associated will keep making new stuff to make the car better or who know maybe down the road they will make a belt car. Really hard to say what they might be working on.

DaveW to bad you couldn't make it last night. I understand about the snow thats for sure. I live an hour away and the ride home took about 1 1/2 hours but the roads going towards Harrisburg where just barely snow covered.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #7964
imr
Tech Adept

ok, so at my club I keep beating the belt drive cars with my FTTC4.
Is the shaft better? No I drive better
imr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #7965
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I thought the TC4 works good,Raced mine for the first time on friday night.TQ'ed,had some problems in the main with trafic but still finished 2'nd.This is with a tub car,Expert stock rubber tires,I ran the same amount of laps as the expert 19 foam class guys did.One thing I have noticed is the car likes a softer set up than the TC3.I'm running slivers up front,greens in the rear with tamiya shocks.I also run sway bars front and rear.Car works great for me.Smooth and fast..