R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-21-2006, 01:21 PM   #7741
Tech Apprentice

On the AE web site B.Thielke has his set up from the Indoor Champs its a pretty good set up for stock.
jodywk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:38 AM   #7742
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default trade my rdx for ft tc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Matt you will like the TC4. It was my choice until joining Schuie. Can't pass that up. Tomorrow will be the maiden flight for my EC. My setup was on here a few pages back but I ran the BMI chassis which makes the car hella aggressive and really turn in hard. The FTTC4 was muuuuuuuchh more nutreal. (sp?) Do you ever race with Brian Mills? He runs offroad at Bumps and Jumps alot.

bob,
yea i am sure that i will like it...cleaned clocks yesterday with the rdx and that makes it hard to get rid of...yo know what i meen?
as for knowing brian mills...yea i know him....he used to come down to my local track all the time when it was open..but after thats closed i would either see him at bumps or pit-stop.........do you know a good choice for a rubber tire on carpet...the place i have been racing at was talking about doing that to save the racer some money....let me know...

thx,
matt
Old 01-22-2006, 12:28 PM   #7743
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

well I promised a comparison from the BMI TC4 to my new Schumacher. Hands down the EC is easier to drive and just turned better lap times. I was .5 a lap faster and that was the first time out with the car. And believe me I hit stuff all the time...the car was just going faster through the turns than I was used too so it took me some time getting used to it. Even still I was half a second faster per lap. Guess this car was a better match for me.

Matt, what did you need to know about rubber on carpet? It's not my forte but I can try to help ya out.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:50 PM   #7744
Tech Champion

Default rubber tires

Quote:
well I promised a comparison from the BMI TC4 to my new Schumacher. Hands down the EC is easier to drive and just turned better lap times. I was .5 a lap faster and that was the first time out with the car. And believe me I hit stuff all the time...the car was just going faster through the turns than I was used too so it took me some time getting used to it. Even still I was half a second faster per lap. Guess this car was a better match for me.

Matt, what did you need to know about rubber on carpet? It's not my forte but I can try to help ya out.

bob,
i just needed to know what is a goos pre-mounted tire to use on carpet.trying to start a class thats fast buy easier on the tire...i know take-off has a variety,but dont knowwhich is the better to use for carpet.let me know..

thx,
matt
Old 01-22-2006, 12:56 PM   #7745
Tech Adept

We have been using CS27 pre-mounts and lately RP30 pre-mounts. Longevity is great as long as you don't break a rim too bad. RP24 pre-mounts worked for me also, but once the track got some traction in it they were too much. Traction roll city. Everyone seems to feel that the CS27's last longer but the RP30's offer a bit more grip with less longevity.

I never really found a set-up that I liked on the car (FT TC4) and switched back to foams. The softer set-up for rubber caused more roll in the car and I did'nt really like the lazy feeling that the car had. On top of that I just could'nt put in a smooth lap with the car on rubber tires as often. My lap times are better with stock foam vs 19t rubber also. 10.3 foam vs 10.75 rubber. I am sure that their is a setup for rubber out their somewhere, I just never found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris
bob,
yea i am sure that i will like it...cleaned clocks yesterday with the rdx and that makes it hard to get rid of...yo know what i meen?
as for knowing brian mills...yea i know him....he used to come down to my local track all the time when it was open..but after thats closed i would either see him at bumps or pit-stop.........do you know a good choice for a rubber tire on carpet...the place i have been racing at was talking about doing that to save the racer some money....let me know...

thx,
matt
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:04 PM   #7746
Tech Champion

Default rubber tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbarron
We have been using CS27 pre-mounts and lately RP30 pre-mounts. Longevity is great as long as you don't break a rim too bad. RP24 pre-mounts worked for me also, but once the track got some traction in it they were too much. Traction roll city. Everyone seems to feel that the CS27's last longer but the RP30's offer a bit more grip with less longevity.

I never really found a set-up that I liked on the car (FT TC4) and switched back to foams. The softer set-up for rubber caused more roll in the car and I did'nt really like the lazy feeling that the car had. On top of that I just could'nt put in a smooth lap with the car on rubber tires as often. My lap times are better with stock foam vs 19t rubber also. 10.3 foam vs 10.75 rubber. I am sure that their is a setup for rubber out their somewhere, I just never found it.

right now i currently am driving a rdx...and it works sweel with foams on it.
i tride putting a set of cs-27 on and the car felt wondery..although i did compound the hole front tire it had alot of steering.very easy for the car to wash out...but then again.like i said i was running foams on it and i tride using the rubber tires after the end of the day..so i didnt set the car up for the size of tires......i will have to try that next week.....thx.........matt
Old 01-22-2006, 01:08 PM   #7747
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to bummy

I PERSONALLY FOUND THAT with the same setup us foam, use pro-line v-rage tyres on carpet, same as foam but wont traction roll as much. cheers. just my 2 cents worth i tried the take of 27s and didnt like them to slidy. but the v-rage was great. on carpet. i brought 4 pair that how much i liked them cheers
bummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #7748
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bummy
I PERSONALLY FOUND THAT with the same setup us foam, use pro-line v-rage tyres on carpet, same as foam but wont traction roll as much. cheers. just my 2 cents worth i tried the take of 27s and didnt like them to slidy. but the v-rage was great. on carpet. i brought 4 pair that how much i liked them cheers

i have never heard of these tires and im sure there are more tires i havent heard of out there just yet..are these tires pre-mounted?and where can i get these tires?or i know i can my hobby shop to order proline tires alls i would need is a part number...do you know a part number for this?
let me know.
thx,
matt
Old 01-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #7749
Tech Adept

Quote:
How long is an average lap? All the same .5 is a lot quicker...
ralph_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #7750
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris
bob,
i just needed to know what is a goos pre-mounted tire to use on carpet.trying to start a class thats fast buy easier on the tire...i know take-off has a variety,but dont knowwhich is the better to use for carpet.let me know..

thx,
matt
Try this thread, there is some info about the tires we are using.

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showth...82#post1350382
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:52 PM   #7751
Super Moderator

Ralph it went from 9.9 to 9.4
Old 01-22-2006, 06:56 PM   #7752
Super Moderator

Proline v rages are the tires that used to come with the TC3's. Take off tires work well on carpet from what Im told. basically the higher the number, the harder the compound (less traction) 27's are the most popular.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #7753
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to bummy

yeah i just went to hs and asked for v-rage proline tyres.
iam very happy with them they in between take of and foam tyres.
bummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:44 PM   #7754
Tech Rookie

TVBR_Wacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:39 PM   #7755
Tech Rookie

Default 3305 Servo problem

Can someone help me how to mount the Futaba 3305 servo on TC4. I searched but couldn't find any answers. If you have pictures that will be great. Thanks.
timurt is offline   Reply With Quote