Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't see the need to get a FT TC4 right away. I have been racing my Team TC3 since they came out and havne't seen the need to make it lighter. In fact, I also own the racer version and like the composite axles more than the aluminum ones. A FT version may represent more glitter for the dollar, but I don't see that it gives much of an advantage unless you are driving at the Barry Baker or Masami level.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

In all reality guys, if the drivetrain and shocks are exactly the same as the tc3 then you take your drive train from your tc3 and put it on the NEW car. Same with the shocks. Also, the screws arent going to be changed from standard to metric so you can certainly take your lightweight screws and transfer them to the new car. Last but not least, the rear hubs look like they are the same as the tc3 which is a bonus because I have tons of them. If you were mad that the new ceramic bearings you just got wont fit, well nothing has been said about the different sizes so transfer. All I am saying is you can transfer all of your performance parts from your tc3 and put them on the NEW car. Afterwards, put all of the stock tc4 parts that dont give high performance such as rubber sealed bearings or steal input shafts onto the OLD car. Your graphite chassis braces will also transfer. Less weight.
Chris
Old 09-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Brian McGreevy
(and still winning!!)
What I don't understand....
Everytime someone posts a "what TC should I get" thread someone invariably comes out with the 90% driver, 10% car comment. So, why are all these AE cheerleaders saying that the TC4 will be the greatest car ever simply because the tc3 won races, if it was more the driver than it was the tc3?
-Puts on flame-retardant suit-
Old 09-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

That is why Hara, Cryul, and Surikarn have extremely good chances to win worlds. The tc4 may not give a C-main driver the ability to jump to A if he is driving say an old school pro 3 or tc3. It does give him the ability to maybe go to low B main. If he was a good driver he could take say a pro 3 and still make A. Now put Barry Baker who could win at any time with the tc3 and give him an updated car and he has a better chance.
Chris
Old 09-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default Since AE will wait for a FT version...

I wonder if they will put out a complete molded graphite kit? This is not new, but how long did it take? Anyone remember? How long did it take for Lunsford to come out with titanium turnbuckles and hinge pins for the TC3? I love the performance stuff!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I added a few more pix of the car on my site....including an under chassis shot, a closer shot of the anti-roll bar mounting system, and the fan cooling scoops.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Tony,
What is the weight difference between the tc3 and the new car.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

VERY sweet pix Tony. They werent kidding, the swaybar mount IS hot. Looks almost like a setup off of a real car, but with easier adjustment. Did anyone else notice the lower arm shock mount is ballstud/ballcup?! YEAH BABY!

- DaveW
Old 09-04-2004, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default TC4 features

There is no support bearing in front of the spur gear on the TC4. I waonder what they've done to stop flexing of the spur gear ie; the shafy moving away from the pinion gear when under load etc.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Hey tony I guess that after all the bickering that went back and fourth about the tc4 when I started the thread around feburary was a hoax I my part, even though I new more or less what was comming out on the car.

You did a good job rep the team though denial to the end
Old 09-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: TC4 features

Originally posted by dontfeelcold
There is no support bearing in front of the spur gear on the TC4. I waonder what they've done to stop flexing of the spur gear ie; the shafy moving away from the pinion gear when under load etc.

I was told that there is a plastic part that the bearing fits into and has feet that you mount to the bottom of the chassis or something like that. I guess they went this way so you do not have to clamp and squeeze the bearing like with the TC3 and just about every other shaft drive out there. Very good idea....so far from what I can gather 2 very good ideas.....this and the sway bar link mounting system.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Thats really interesting... i think the TC4 will end up being better then the TC3 after a few weeks of racing, so kevin you gonna get one and put the pro 4 on the shelf???
Old 09-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default Someone with a title tell....

AE to mill out those cell slots! Losi did a great job doing this and nearly every other TC has followed. It keeps the cell cooler. How come AE didn't do this? The chassis was almost perfect.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Josh, I think hell would have to freeze over before Kevin gets a TC4. I heard someone offered him a TC3 and he was insulated.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Insulted kraig? marhar har lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.