Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #7306
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW
Sweet Brian, im glad you had a good day with your FT! I was seriously considering a run up there... will there be enough of a turnout for a race? Ill be able to run stock and 19T. If so what class? I have a HD one-way in my box if you would like to try before you buy. Ill know more by wednesday on my plans. They do still have tires in stock right?

- DaveW
We will have enough for sure. I know of 4 or 5 guys not including myself that 100% going. I ordered a one way just to have either way but thanks for the offer I appreciate that. I will find out on tires as I will have Mike Harold Sr. check to see whats in stock.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #7307
Tech Regular

Where I really got lost was in the spur gear set up. Thanks for your help Dave. I have nice axial play in both outdrives, and I had to cut one of the foam things down to have play in the driveshaft, I chose the rear.

I also used blue Loctite, (242) on the screws that go into the shafts.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:20 PM   #7308
wyd
Tech Legend

The more time you spend on the transmission the better it will work for you. They take a little messing around to get them just right but when you do they are very free and smooth.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:48 PM   #7309
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to corradopsi

brian, if you had said something 2 weeks ago i could have given you my oneway to try in your car at fredrick
Old 12-11-2005, 08:34 PM   #7310
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradopsi
brian, if you had said something 2 weeks ago i could have given you my oneway to try in your car at fredrick
No biggie as I will need to have one sooner or later. Thanks for the offer I appreciate that. It is an item I only use at a few tracks that are good traction and flowing corners. Normally it is hard to use them if the track has alot of 180 degree turns in it.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:39 PM   #7311
wyd
Tech Legend

Bob Barry how was your TC4 at the ORL2 race?
Old 12-11-2005, 10:11 PM   #7312
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My TC4 was dialed. only change I made was to make the shocks a bit longer to be able to run ride height and get droop (I was running 53mm tires ) I ran 22 5:00 and needed a 23 5:04 to make the main. Lap times were mid 12's but I couldn't get below 12.7. Went out in the third round and ran a 22 5:01 and that was after making 4 mistakes. I was rolling too, even put Fred down a lap. I figure there was my 12 seconds there in those 4 mistakes which would have put me close to the A. To add insult to injury, that 12 seconds was the B main so I was 1st in the C main. To add further insult I didnt get to even run my main. Bill came back to the pits and said his servo was centering so I started tearing my car apart to give him mine and put my digital back in the touring car. What I didnt relize was that I only had about 10 minutes to do this. I fixed it and after all the mains were over I ran my 5 minutes by myself to make sure the car was good and that the batteries would stay on cycle and I turned 12.5's. Just by going to a digital servo I picked up 2 tenths.. That was awesome. So all in all a good day of racing
Old 12-12-2005, 07:37 AM   #7313
wyd
Tech Legend

Cool Bob sounds like you are getting a handle on the car. I can say that my FT TC4 has been a pleasure to drive the 2 times I have ran it. I'm very close to my RDX times in 5 packs at Frederick so I couldn't be happier. I think the one way will help and me actually cutting a motor and preparing it to run. I had 10 runs on the motor I ran and never took it out of my car for 2 weeks. Man I know what was I thinking. lol.

A bunch of us are going to Frederick this weekend for sure so we will have plenty of sedans racing this weekend just in case you wanted to run (I know its a long drive so just thought I would offer). I think if I can I will be down to Horshem for the ORL race but mainly to help Williams out with motors so he can race for a change. I will help out all are guys. Need to check on the date.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:43 AM   #7314
Super Moderator

Thanks for the invite but I think I am done for a month or so. Gotta take care of xmas and then get caught up in the bills. My wife just "reserved Jan and Feb" for her so Im hoping I can at least sneak out for the 2 ORL races. Thinking more about my car's setup....Remember our discussion that you thought that I might have to add more bite to the car because Kranzel's was less traction, I never changed it from my Horsham setup and the car felt good. This leads me to think that I might have too much traction in my setup at Horsham. Guess I have to work on Free'ing the car up some.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:55 AM   #7315
wyd
Tech Legend

I guess at Daves when enough guys show to race the traction is alot better. I talked with my buddy Jeff that raced and he said the traction was better than normal touring days.

Well it might be and you can work on that to see what happens. Fairly simple to loosen the car up so with the removal of a few shims or use the black shorter ball ends in the rear of the car. I think you could also raise the roll center on the rear arms from .050 to maybe .075 all the way around.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:03 AM   #7316
Super Moderator

Yeah I know, I'm trying to concentrate more on the other aspects that get overlooked....IE shock lengths all being equal, perfect tweak, gearing being on, motors tuned in, batteries getting the "perfect peak". I like the fact that I can leave the setup alone and just wheel the car and work on tightening my line.

I watch Schreff run almost the exact same lap times with a 4 cell pack (two cells blew in the car). That was impressive. I keep pushing myself to get to that point. I did have a few people come up to me and tell me my car was fast though so that was cool.

PS. I thought Fred was going to $hit himself when he dyno'd my motor. 37600 RPM at 10 amps LOL (and that was after about 5 runs.....ALL of which were over 200 degrees.)
Old 12-12-2005, 09:50 AM   #7317
wyd
Tech Legend

Cool. I agree on alot of what you trying to do. I figured I will stick with the FT because for me running stock and some 19T at the ORL races it is as good of a car as anything out their. Nice thing is my shop gets me parts easily and I save money. I never stuck with a car for a full season but I will try my best with this one to do so. Now if for some reason Associated makes a new car then I will have one but no one has proven to me that any car is better, the guys who beat me regularly beat me and it didn't matter what car they had so that excuse won't work. I do feel comfortable with this car though.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:56 AM   #7318
Super Moderator

yup, its like I keep telling people...every day I see all these other cars and the bling factor draws your eye to them. Don't get me wrong. They are much more than bling...they are all outstanding cars, but anyway I see these cars and think about a change....Then I take my car out and its dialed. I couldn't ask for anything more. Not taking anything away from any of the other cars out there. I just get along with this car. I might try to get a Factory Team car as well, just so I have both to compare...hmm I seem to know someone who wants to sell one as well LOL
Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 AM   #7319
wyd
Tech Legend

Yeah all the new cars and some of the older cars are cool as hell. I need to stay away from all the hype about other cars. Simple fact Schreff proved that the it don't matter what car it is who is driving it.

Right now what I see is teams are having more sponsored drivers running stock and 19t while Associated don't seem to have near as many drivers as a few other teams do. I guess it how you want to perceived in the eyes of others but I think Associated has always been thought of one of the classiest teams around.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #7320
Tech Initiate

Hi guys,
Could anyone provide me with a base line for 19T gearing running 33,34/100 monster stock on my local track 80x20 and I am not sure where to start. I am finally ready to move up to a faster motor and I can't wait.
Thanks,
Mark
mxracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote