Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc4
hey i have a few questions about the tc4:

1. do they 3racing ssg chassis chassis braces fit onto the normal carbon tub chassis?

2. my steering has alot of slop and is very wobbly. would getting the aluminium steering set help solve some of this problem?

3. do the losi xxxs front hub carriers fit onto the tc4. i have heard in some places that they do but i just want to make sure?

4. can you get lightweight aluminium screw kits for the tc4?

thanks
The 3Racing alum. rack removed almost all the slop from my steering
Old 12-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
The 3Racing alum. rack removed almost all the slop from my steering
So did switching to RPM ball cups and a few shims got rid of most of mine. So much so that I'm keeping the stock steering rack.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default tire rubbing

does anyone have problems with tires rubbing on the caster blocks?
Old 12-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc4
hey i have a few questions about the tc4:

1. do they 3racing ssg chassis chassis braces fit onto the normal carbon tub chassis?

2. my steering has alot of slop and is very wobbly. would getting the aluminium steering set help solve some of this problem?

3. do the losi xxxs front hub carriers fit onto the tc4. i have heard in some places that they do but i just want to make sure?

4. can you get lightweight aluminium screw kits for the tc4?

thanks
I have used a XXXS knuckle before and it worked out great. The steering tierod mount is further inboard and that changes steering geometry some. The good thing is that the knuckles have more material in them and look beefier to me, plus foam tires should'nt rub anymore. I was told the JRXS/XXXS cater blocks will work also. I am going to get a set of knuckles and caster blocks from a JRXS and run them for a while. I hit things a lot and beefier is better for me.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mo92
does anyone have problems with tires rubbing on the caster blocks?
How are the tires rubbing caster blocks and where?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do you mean rubbing the steering blocks? Because I did have to grind on mine a little to keep my Jaco foam wheels from rubbing.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default problem i think

My FT TC4 handles ok but it sometimes doesnt grip on exit of a corner and when i put the power on coming out of the corner it feels like its not puting down the power like the diffs are slipping. Im running steel outdrives and the standard carpet setup out the book any help please would be really really helpful
Old 12-03-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Initiate

sorry i forgot to mention im running on sorex 24 tires on carpet running tire additive
Old 12-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you are having tire rub then chances are you have too much steering throw dialed in. This will only slow you down and usually cause you to spin out through the middle of the turn.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Initiate

yeah it rubs the steering blocks. it rubs when the tires are straight. I am assuming i will have to grind them down a bit. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bitchmonkey
My FT TC4 handles ok but it sometimes doesnt grip on exit of a corner and when i put the power on coming out of the corner it feels like its not puting down the power like the diffs are slipping. Im running steel outdrives and the standard carpet setup out the book any help please would be really really helpful
You may want to give this setup a try.

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...hamps_2005.pdf
Old 12-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mo92- I don't know if it is the same for other wheels, but yes with Jaco's you do have to trim it a little. Try not to go too crazy and weaken the blocks though.
rainman318-Which lower shock mount hole are you using? If you are using the outer holes, then your wheel may get close to rubbing the shock. If you are using the inner hole and your wheel is rubbing, then you need to change your suspension setup to get the car to turn harder and dial out the steering travel! You will go faster that way!!
Old 12-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mo92
yeah it rubs the steering blocks. it rubs when the tires are straight. I am assuming i will have to grind them down a bit. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

I am having the exact problem with the new Jaco two stage foams.........
Old 12-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

I would cut down the tires before i would weaken the steering knuckle by trimming it. I cut my fronts down to 26mm and that did the trick. I did see some hex spacers made by traxxas that looked liked they would give like 1mm more space out away from knuckles. I had pro camp hex adaptors on my car originally and they rubbed steering knuckles but i changed to the original plastic tc4 ones and that went away. My problem has been tires cutting in to shock parts under full steering but i know it is my setup more than anything. I have it on the station now and am making a few changes. I have putting it off because the car has been doing so well but i also know with this stuff rubbing it is only slowing me down. I have finished first in a stock two weeks in a row but only by the skin of my teeth
Old 12-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was at the track today (only 2nd time running on-road) I am in need of some setup help. My current setup is http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/r...r_iic_2005.pdf

The problem I am having is the backend, I can not get into the throttle like I want to. The rear of the cars wants to slide out me to much. I have placed the battery back to try and get some rear bite. My first thought was add anti-squat, am i right?

I do have 2 degree cast blocks, and to be honest not sure if I like them yet. I was running 4 degree but with the 2 degree I think it might be to "responsive" (will play with that though)

I am running Stock 6-Cell, the course is more on the "technical" side, there is only one spot to get into throttle full and even that is not a long time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.